Procus

Dallas

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, gch said:

Oh yea your funny, you should come for a visit. Most east coast people think all we have is tumble weeds and cattle.

I went to Dallas and Austin. Once you get out of the endless sprawl of the cities, everything in-between is tumbleweeds and cattle. I was surprised by how much it looked like a Western movie.

Really good steaks, BBQ, and Mexican food down there. I'll give you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, Procus said:

My position is that the team and city are no longer worthy of Philly's hatred.  They are way beneath us.

The hatred of Dallas started when the Cowboy teams of the 60's and 70's dominated the Eagles and other divisional opponents - often running up the score and otherwise just being obnoxious. 

Now, Dallas is just a shadow of its former self.  Ownership is a joke, the coaching is very very average, and the roster is just okay.  The Cowboys are just another team.

The Eagles, on the other hand, are now the class of the NFL.  From where I'm sitting, Dallas is simply not worth any extra attention - they are beneath us and not worthy of that.

The opposite of love is not hate - it's ambivalence.  Dallas gives me a big yawn.  BORING!!

Well, this doesn't seem like something you'd post. but let me say this, the focus needs to put on my Giants......we're going to punk everyone in this division in 2018/19. we showed the Mighty Browns who was King last night:towel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've warmed up to Dallas. I like Prescott, and if his receivers can catch and line can block they have a chance to be pretty good.

Every team goes through its ebbs and flows, and with free agency now the norm it's tougher to be a dominant team for long periods of time. You have to get lucky, and land a special quarterback for continued success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, toolg said:

I went to Dallas and Austin. Once you get out of the endless sprawl of the cities, everything in-between is tumbleweeds and cattle. I was surprised by how much it looked like a Western movie.

Really good steaks, BBQ, and Mexican food down there. I'll give you that.

I still haven’t had a true authentic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich yet. When I get to Philly that will be my first stop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gch said:

I still haven’t had a true authentic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich yet. When I get to Philly that will be my first stop. 

You should go to Max’s around 1 am. Fun times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gch said:

I still haven’t had a true authentic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich yet. When I get to Philly that will be my first stop. 

When you coming to philly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

 

Pretty funny, but they should have gotten somebody who sounded like their nuts had dropped.....getting a non kicker, like say Dawk or Trotter would have been better.

not 1/2 as good as Drew Pearson’s..... but I like the idea of having the draft move around and I love the trolling, even if it’s against my team....makes the draft even more fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Pretty funny, but they should have gotten somebody who sounded like their nuts had dropped.....getting a non kicker, like say Dawk or Trotter would have been better.

not 1/2 as good as Drew Pearson’s..... but I like the idea of having the draft move around and I love the trolling, even if it’s against my team....makes the draft even more fun

:roll: :roll: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Pretty funny, but they should have gotten somebody who sounded like their nuts had dropped.....getting a non kicker, like say Dawk or Trotter would have been better.

not 1/2 as good as Drew Pearson’s..... but I like the idea of having the draft move around and I love the trolling, even if it’s against my team....makes the draft even more fun

I think it's pretty sure that in a fight, Akers could knock out most, if not all of the Cowboys roster.

That said, having a kicker do it, was perfect. Happened IN Dallas, IN the Jones-mahal, moved up right in front of the Cowboys to take a TE on the day that Witten announced his retirement, and took a TE named Dallas (named as such for the Cowboys).

Had our all-time leading scorer and Eagles Hall of Famer go out there and troll not only Cowboys fans, but the Cowboys franchise as a whole.

Beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think it's pretty sure that in a fight, Akers could knock out most, if not all of the Cowboys roster.

That said, having a kicker do it, was perfect. Happened IN Dallas, IN the Jones-mahal, moved up right in front of the Cowboys to take a TE on the day that Witten announced his retirement, and took a TE named Dallas (named as such for the Cowboys).

Had our all-time leading scorer and Eagles Hall of Famer go out there and troll not only Cowboys fans, but the Cowboys franchise as a whole.

Beautiful!

Stop, I don’t care if Akers got a yellow belt in karate down at the strip mall in cherry hill...dress  him up as a woman and 3/5 of the cowboys roster would beat his arse out of habit.

like I said, it was good, but he never won squat and was a kicker...and worse than all, his voice was squeaky...

that said, I love the sentiment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen1 said:

like I said, it was good, but he never won squat and was a kicker

Before it was broken, he held the record for the longest FG in NFL history, and he won a hell of a lot of games as a kicker. Both regular and post season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

but he never won squat ...

Also, someone needs to call Canton. These jokers snuck in and need to be ejected!

 

53337672.jpg.fb3d5d45198af7591c320b29642bdb06.jpg

 

51682072-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.c3aae9a6321b7a275eb7c867cfe17575.jpg

 

Fouts-Dan-5.jpg.36a1bef306de4963ec222a1fbfa11b28.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Before it was broken, he held the record for the longest FG in NFL history, and he won a hell of a lot of games as a kicker. Both regular and post season.

And all that evidently without reaching puberty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen1 said:

And all that evidently without reaching puberty 

You seem to have an odd fascination with guys reaching puberty... :huh:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You seem to have an odd fascination with guys reaching puberty... :huh:

 

 

53 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Dallas fans have been reduced to criticizing how a kickers voice sounds. They have nothing left. So sad.

 both  of you are pretty much dead on.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

 

 both  of you are pretty much dead on.....

Under your user name, in your member title, you need add a W between the a and the k.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

When you coming to philly?

Not sure but it’s on my list. My wife was there working last month but I couldn’t make it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 1:19 PM, 20dawk4life said:

You should go to Max’s around 1 am. Fun times. 

Max’s at 1:00 am? I can do that. I’ll let you know when I’m coming that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gch said:

Not sure but it’s on my list. My wife was there working last month but I couldn’t make it. 

K, let me know!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

C251C313-ED66-4CA9-8705-0075FCF8DA62.jpeg

Thank god for the NFL channel...I got that ish on DVR...the 90’s were a great time...I could look down and see my Johnson and Dallas was good . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL should make a rule that team names have to go by the city that their stadium is in.

Philadelphia Eagles
Landover Redskins
East Rutherford Giants
Arlington Cowboys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now