Procus

Dallas

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Wishing Travis Frederick good luck and a swift return.

Link with the story:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/travis-frederick-has-guillain-barre-syndrome-unsure-when-hell-return/#comments

No idea how serious this is, but hope for a quick recovery. 

Extremely serious illness.  My cousin has it.  She is hospitalized several times a year,  has had bouts of paralysis,  and other severe side effects.  I don't know the details of how it's managed,  but hopefully Frederick doesn't suffer with it like my cousin has or his career may be in jeopardy. 

Poor guy. Great person, great teammate....terrible news for him. Happy they caught it in the early stages, whatever that means. I guess I could be selfish and say I hope he's good to play some football soon, but I'll just hope he gets healthy for his well being and future well being with or without playing football..

I echo the sentiments of everyone else. I feel awful for him. Also feel bad for the Dallas fans. He’s such a critical part of the team. Not fair.

Very sad to hear this ... but the Pokie fans are already crying seasons over from one injury. You would think after last year and what Eagles did , it would be no longer valid.

Certainly best wishes to Frederick. Some things take precedence over football. Hopefully he can beat this and live a healthy life, regardless if/when he plays again.

53 minutes ago, toolg said:

Certainly best wishes to Frederick. Some things take precedence over football. Hopefully he can beat this and live a healthy life, regardless if/when he plays again.

It has a 85% recovery rate but can take as long as year .

Terrible news but at least he got it diagnosed early and has the money and access to the best medical care.  I wouldn't wish an autoimmune disorder on my worst enemy, they're generally quite painful conditions.   seems like most people who make a full recovery from gillian barre don't have any lasting negative affects so he'll most likely be able to recover and get back on the field at some point in time.

13 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Very sad to hear this ... but the Pokie fans are already crying seasons over from one injury. You would think after last year and what Eagles did , it would be no longer valid.

No one gives a crap bruh. Dallas coaches suck bad. One major injury and they can't overcome crap. Much different from the Eagles coaches who can actually win with back ups. Dallas? Naw. Zeke 2.4 yards per carry now ?

On 8/23/2018 at 9:02 PM, cowboy30 said:

No one gives a crap bruh. Dallas coaches suck bad. One major injury and they can't overcome crap. Much different from the Eagles coaches who can actually win with back ups. Dallas? Naw. Zeke 2.4 yards per carry now ?

Yup, I say this every year,  unlike what Doug and staff (and pretty much every good staff) do, Garrett doesn’t change the scheme to adjust for what backups can and can’t do. Tyron Smith goes down, they just leave the backup 1 on 1 vs everyone as Smith was still in the game...maybe shorten routes and run pick plays to get guys open and get the ball out quicker?  Nah.

if the Dallas OL and Zeke stay healthy Dallas can make teams stack the box and Dak will be fine making throws against man coverage. If anyone gets hurt and the running game falls off, teams will rush with 4 and make Dak try to be precise...and he’s not.

imagine if when Wentz went down last year Doug tried to make him run all Of Wentz plays. Anyone think the eagles even win 1 playoff game? 

Mark Schlereth also had GBS. It messed him up for about a year spread between 2 seasons while he was still playing in DC.

There are all different levels of severity of the disease so you can't just say Frederick will get better sooner, later, or at the same time frame as Stink did.

44 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

Byron Jones just caused his own punt returner to fumble by running into him as he was catching the ball.

:roll:

I don't know. A short punt like that, you just gotta yell "fire" and have everyone move the heck away from the ball.

Or just turn your head real quick and be aware of where your punt returner is. You could do that too. But maybe they aren't coached that way, IDK.

Hall o Fame update:

Chris Collinsworth has just given his gold jacket to Randy Gregory.

He won't be able to introduce Gregory though because his mouth is full.