Sign in to follow this  
LA_Eagle_Fan

Make your bold predictions for 2018

Every season, things happen that no one could forecast. Not in training camp, not in preseason, not until they actually happen. Who knew last year that McAdoo would be the first one axed when he'd just taken his team to the playoffs the year before? Who knew Case Keenum of all people would take the Vikings deep into the playoffs? Who knew the Jaguars would completely flip their record in just one season? And of course, who knew that Nick Foles would be the QB to win the Eagles our first Super Bowl?

Obviously, these predictions are total shots in the dark based on nothing but guesses, but that's the fun of it. We know the unforeseen will happen; let's see if we can actually hit a few...

1) Jimmy Garoppolo goes from savior to bust - I'm going to boldly predict that everything that's happened since his trade has gotten to Garoppolo's head: the wins, the contract, the popularity, the publicity, etc. Last year's magic is gone as DCs figure him out and rattle him. By the end of the season, we're going to be asking how Garoppolo fell so quickly.

2) The AFC South becomes a two-team race between Houston and Indianapolis - Sacksonville turns out to be a one-season wonder. Instead, Deshaun Watson comes back and makes the Texans a legitimate Super Bowl threat, but they're challenged fiercely by a revitalized Andrew Luck who starts throwing like Drew Brees thanks to Frank Reich's pristine offensive schemes.

3) The NFC South goes from best to worst division - Tampa wins the division with an 8-8 record as we wonder what the heck happened to all three playoff contenders from a year ago. Drew Brees has a sudden fall off as age takes its toll on him, Matty Ice suddenly doesn't know where Julio Jones is anymore, and Cam Newton regresses significantly.

4) Sam Darnold outplays Tom Brady...twice - The Patriots still win the division, but they're swept by the Jets when Darnold pulls a Nick Foles and completely outguns Brady in both their meetings. Todd Bowles has finally figured Brady out and designs the perfect defensive game plan that befuddles him both times.

Ok, I'll take a shot in the dark. This one is a longshot, but you never know...

The Browns win a game.

Repeat Super Bowl champs for the first time since 2005! Eagle_smiley.jpg:flex:

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Patriots miss the playoffs, Brady and Belicheat both retire, Mcdaniels takes over as HC.

i can see this. if, after the tensions that seemed to arise during/after last season, they have a downward spiral i can see that coming about. i believe that's why they talked mcdaniels into staying and not going to indy....

7 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

i can see this. if, after the tensions that seemed to arise during/after last season, they have a downward spiral i can see that coming about. i believe that's why they talked mcdaniels into staying and not going to indy....

At the very least, I'll say that they won't make it back to the Super Bowl. The last time a Super Bowl loser made it back to the Super Bowl the following year, was the 1992 Bills.

The AFC team that's sticking out in my mind, to get to Super Bowl LIII, is the Steelers.

16 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Dak gets sacked 30 times and throws 20 INTs

Barkley gets less than 700 yds

:ph34r:

I like those.

20 INTs is a bold prediction for Dak, but he was sacked 32 times last year.
I'll add another one: Dak doesn't break 3,000 yards passing.

I think Barkley is going to struggle at times until the Giants solidify the O-line. They're going to keep feeding him the ball though. 

37 minutes ago, toolg said:

I like those.

20 INTs is a bold prediction for Dak, but he was sacked 32 times last year.
I'll add another one: Dak doesn't break 3,000 yards passing.

I think Barkley is going to struggle at times until the Giants solidify the O-line. They're going to keep feeding him the ball though. 

Dak is struggling in camp I hear. Plus they don't have Witten or Dez.

Barkley will be up against some really good defenses as a rookie

Listed in order of faith I have

NFC:

1. Dallas will finish 6-10, and yet somehow Jason Garrett will keep his job

2. Minnesota will miss the playoffs

3. The Giants will be a wildcard team

4. The Rams will miss the playoffs

NFC Playoff teams: Philly, New Orleans, Green Bay, SF, Atlanta and NYG

AFC:

1. Jacksonville will finish 8-8 or worse

2. The AFC West winner will be 8-8, and will be the Chargers

3. The AFC East teams, other than the Pats, won't win more than 20 games combined

AFC Playoff teams: Pats, Steelers, Texans, Chargers, Colts, Ravens 

Fitzpatrick will get the starting job over Winston if he wins 2/3. 

40 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Eagles repeat. I know not that bold. 

Bro, that cycle runs about every 60 years.

1 hour ago, GA4M said:

Fitzpatrick will get the starting job over Winston if he wins 2/3. 

Bro, that cycle runs about every 60 years.

Different year, different team. Those teams from the 70s 80s etc have as much relevance to this year as the Cowboys championships in the 90s do. 

14 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Different year, different team. Those teams from the 70s 80s etc have as much relevance to this year as the Cowboys championships in the 90s do. 

:lol: I had to take a shot tho!

Bold predictions?  Crazy predictions?  You decide.

1. Cousins will be an MVP candidate (but will lose to the eventual MVP Carson Wentz)
  2. Darius Guice will win OROY for an improved 9 win Redskins squad.
  3. Dallas is a 4-win debacle; teams stack the box to stop Zeke because Dak can't throw the ball (and has nobody to throw it to)
  4. Browns win 6 games.  Cleveland holds a parade to celebrate.
  5. Tom Brady misses significant time with an injury.  Pats miss the playoffs and he retires after the season.
  6. Jameis Winston plays his last season in Tampa Bay.

Not one that I would want or think SHOULD happen, but since we're making 'bold predictions'...

Nick Foles traded to the Bucs sometime between week 1 and the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not one that I would want or think SHOULD happen, but since we're making 'bold predictions'...

Nick Foles traded to the Bucs sometime between week 1 and the trade deadline.

I think it's possible. Or that he goes there next year in free agency.

21 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Bold predictions?  Crazy predictions?  You decide.

1. Cousins will be an MVP candidate (but will lose to the eventual MVP Carson Wentz)
  2. Darius Guice will win OROY for an improved 9 win Redskins squad.
  3. Dallas is a 4-win debacle; teams stack the box to stop Zeke because Dak can't throw the ball (and has nobody to throw it to)
  4. Browns win 6 games.  Cleveland holds a parade to celebrate.
  5. Tom Brady misses significant time with an injury.  Pats miss the playoffs and he retires after the season.
  6. Jameis Winston plays his last season in Tampa Bay.

Damn, jinxed him hard.  Glad you didn't predict Goedert would be OROY! :lol: 

On 8/9/2018 at 12:32 PM, boogyman said:

Same franchise. 3 wins tops for the Birds.  

23 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Two wins over your pathetic team, who else do they beat?

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

3 wins? A 3 and 13 record? Man that would be terrible. What an awful season for fans to go through. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

From looking around, looks like many NY fans are hating on Webb after last night. I'm not going to be too harsh on him yet, you think we're screwed?

3 hours ago, KzEaglefan86 said:

Damn, jinxed him hard.  Glad you didn't predict Goedert would be OROY! :lol: 

Poor kid.  I think there's some sort of Redskins curse.  I'm seeing it reported as a sprained MCL, no report yet on how bad it is.  He will probably miss at least a week or 2 of the regular season.  

That prediction took a hit... I made 6 so there's 5 left!!

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

- Giants make the playoffs 

- Redskins and Cowboys end up with the two worst records in the NFC 

- Texans represent the AFC in Super Bowl 

Sounds good, but not so sure.