Sign in to follow this  
LA_Eagle_Fan

Make your bold predictions for 2018

16 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

That matchup is gonna be about a 14 out of 10 on the swag-o-meter.

Definitely. They seem to be friends, so perhaps no punches will be thrown, but the match-up should be fun to watch. I hope Ramsey is put on an island with no help over the top. I haven't seen a DB yet that can cover OBJ when put in that position. 

On 8/10/2018 at 2:56 PM, EaglePhan1986 said:

1. Eagles - 12-4 

2. Giants - 11-5 

3. Redskins - 4-12 

4. Cowboys - 3-13

The Giants have a much better chance to finish last in the division than to win 11 games.

Bold Prediction: Pat Mahomes throws for 4,000 yards and 30 TD.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, BKLYNYG said:

Definitely. They seem to be friends, so perhaps no punches will be thrown, but the match-up should be fun to watch. I hope Ramsey is put on an island with no help over the top. I haven't seen a DB yet that can cover OBJ when put in that position. 

Odell has a chance to win a matchup on anyone. But depending on where his head is I see a chance for another Norman game if Ramsey has his trash talking going early.

On 8/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, SBorBust said:

The Giants have a much better chance to finish last in the division than to win 11 games.

Bold Prediction: Pat Mahomes throws for 4,000 yards and 30 TD.

Could have said the same about the Eagles last year

On 8/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, BKLYNYG said:

With the rules they way they are now, no CB could cover any top wr 1 on 1 with no help consistently. Other than a few 0 blitz calls a game, it rarely happens anyway , there is always a safety over the top. 

That’s why it’s laughable when anyone claims a certain CB shut a good WR down. On 98% of the plays he had a safety helping him over the top or a LB buzzing underneath with him covering deep 

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

With the rules they way they are now, no CB could cover any top wr 1 on 1 with no help consistently. Other than a few 0 blitz calls a game, it rarely happens anyway , there is always a safety over the top. 

That’s why it’s laughable when anyone claims a certain CB shut a good WR down. On 98% of the plays he had a safety helping him over the top or a LB buzzing underneath with him covering deep 

Yup, but there's varying degrees of help. Like you said they could have an LB buzzing underneath, they could have a S shade one way or the other or they can flat out double team the top WR. 

In regards to my prediction for the Giants, I'm downgrading. We just lost our most important defensive player (Vernon) for what appears to be 6-8 weeks. There's a few players this team is not equipped to lose and Vernon is one of them (along with Solder, Snacks and Collins). I went from cautiously optimistic to firmly pessimistic about the season. Engram has a concussion as well, which is always fun. 

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Yup, but there's varying degrees of help. Like you said they could have an LB buzzing underneath, they could have a S shade one way or the other or they can flat out double team the top WR. 

In regards to my prediction for the Giants, I'm downgrading. We just lost our most important defensive player (Vernon) for what appears to be 6-8 weeks. There's a few players this team is not equipped to lose and Vernon is one of them (along with Solder, Snacks and Collins). I went from cautiously optimistic to firmly pessimistic about the season. Engram has a concussion as well, which is always fun. 

Vernon is out 6-8 weeks? I'm reading that it was a sprained ankle

4 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Vernon is out 6-8 weeks? I'm reading that it was a sprained ankle

It's a high ankle sprain, with is usually a 6-8 week recovery time frame (much worse than a low ankle sprain). It was characterized as a deep bruise, which isn't great. Best case scenario he misses the first two games, but I'm not hopeful. I hope I'm dead wrong. 

7 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

It's a high ankle sprain, with is usually a 6-8 week recovery time frame (much worse than a low ankle sprain). It was characterized as a deep bruise, which isn't great. Best case scenario he misses the first two games, but I'm not hopeful. I hope I'm dead wrong. 

Damn. Oh well. Puts the Giants in position to grab their next QB in April.

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

Well idk about that. It's because of a LB or a S helping out that the really good DBs can get aggressive in their coverage and really shut a guy down. The way you state it sounds like you hold no value for the CB position. The great ones definitely make a difference, and like everything in football it's still a team sport. OBJ is wicked but there is little he can do with a poor QB or poor blocking. Teams cheating towards him also opens up other receivers to make plays as well. 

Eagles vs KC in the Superbowl.

Doug beats his mentor.  AR has serious clock management problems in the 4th QTR.  With time running out, the offense lackadaisically consumes 20 seconds in the huddle before getting set to snap the ball.  This happens every play for the entire 4th QTR with KC trailing by 14pts. 

On 8/20/2018 at 6:37 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

A Rams fan has made a bold prediction:

Well I guess the Super Bowl Champions LIII is small enough to be inked over after that team of miscreants explode on one another.