VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

Recommended Posts

I'm just curious, how much more time do you want Eli to hang in there? Are you in for the long haul or are you about ready to have him retire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eli has always been healthy, not major injuries.  if the puss TB12 can play inot his 40s , Im sure Eli could if he and team wanted too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm just curious, how much more time do you want Eli to hang in there? Are you in for the long haul or are you about ready to have him retire?

Aside from the merchandise hiccup I'm appreciative of the way he conducts himself on and off the field, grateful for the way he stepped up and won us two Super Bowls and I'm thrilled that we've had consistency at the position for over a decade, and yet, I don't really like Eli all that much. He's boring. Has no athletic ability, and has crapped the bed far too many times for my taste...many, many times with me sitting in the stands. 

I think he deserves one more season, unless the Giants start like 1-5. Then he needs to be replaced by week 7 and cut before the start of next season (saves $17M; $6.2M dead). If the Giants get to 9 wins with a tough schedule and he plays well then he deserves to play until his contract expires after next season. So for me, two more seasons tops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully expect the entire east to be revitalized this season. Eli has suffered greatly from poor playcalling and no run game the last few years. Fix those and this is an 8 or 9 win team easy. When eli is on he's an elite qb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Eli plays at a pro bowl level, he will probably earn another year.

Anything less, and his replacement will be drafted in April if he's not already on the roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GA4M said:

On the roster? :lol: better get over those jitters really quick.

 

 

Yeah. Better hope it's a good QB draft class next year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Yeah. Better hope it's a good QB draft class next year.

 

I'm giving the guy a break, one preseason game and fans all over are jumping off the wagon already. Webb needs work, no doubt....but I saw something I like in him.....maybe he'll work it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GA4M said:

I'm giving the guy a break, one preseason game and fans all over are jumping off the wagon already. Webb needs work, no doubt....but I saw something I like in him.....maybe he'll work it out.

First, there is no Webb Wagon to jump off. It does not exist.

I'm not going just off that game though. His ceiling is backup imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boogyman said:

First, there is no Webb Wagon to jump off. It does not exist.

I'm not going just off that game though. His ceiling is backup imo.

Oh believe me, I've seen it with my own eyes. many fans thinking Webb could step in and do it for Eli. remains to be seen, but right now it's a no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Aside from the merchandise hiccup I'm appreciative of the way he conducts himself on and off the field, grateful for the way he stepped up and won us two Super Bowls and I'm thrilled that we've had consistency at the position for over a decade, and yet, I don't really like Eli all that much. He's boring. Has no athletic ability, and has crapped the bed far too many times for my taste...many, many times with me sitting in the stands. 

I think he deserves one more season, unless the Giants start like 1-5. Then he needs to be replaced by week 7 and cut before the start of next season (saves $17M; $6.2M dead). If the Giants get to 9 wins with a tough schedule and he plays well then he deserves to play until his contract expires after next season. So for me, two more seasons tops. 

1-5 and his back ups look awful last week, if Eli gets hurt the Giants don't have a back up, it's going to be Run Saquon Run..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, boogyman said:

First, there is no Webb Wagon to jump off. It does not exist.

I'm not going just off that game though. His ceiling is backup imo.

There actually is a bandwagon among Giants fans and after what he showed against the Lions this week the wagon continues to move forward. 

You have no clue what his ceiling is, you've never seen him play more than a few preseason snaps (actually I doubt you've even watched those) and I'm pretty sure you don't read Giants practice reports. Will he be a career backup, maybe, but you have zero data to base your opinion on aside from draft position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

There actually is a bandwagon among Giants fans and after what he showed against the Lions this week the wagon continues to move forward. 

You have no clue what his ceiling is, you've never seen him play more than a few preseason snaps (actually I doubt you've even watched those) and I'm pretty sure you don't read Giants practice reports. Will he be a career backup, maybe, but you have zero data to base your opinion on aside from draft position. 

I never said he would be a career backup. I said that his ceiling is backup. I doubt he even hangs around that long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I never said he would be a career backup. I said that his ceiling is backup. I doubt he even hangs around that long. 

Any thoughts on other players you've never seen in action? Sports betting is legal now and I'm looking for reputable sources of information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

There actually is a bandwagon among Giants fans and after what he showed against the Lions this week the wagon continues to move forward. 

You have no clue what his ceiling is, you've never seen him play more than a few preseason snaps (actually I doubt you've even watched those) and I'm pretty sure you don't read Giants practice reports. Will he be a career backup, maybe, but you have zero data to base your opinion on aside from draft position. 

Webb has got the tools on paper and while he looked brutal against the Browns it was literally his first game action since his very limited time in preseason a year ago. Carson Wentz didnt exactly blow it up his first bit of preseason action and well... Hes looking pretty damn good if you ask me.

(No I'm not putting Webb and Wentz in the same category so please don't)

Also, he's not the only other qb on the roster....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Any thoughts on other players you've never seen in action? Sports betting is legal now and I'm looking for reputable sources of information. 

Just bet against NY all year and you should clean up. Thank me later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 11:20 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm just curious, how much more time do you want Eli to hang in there? Are you in for the long haul or are you about ready to have him retire?

I was ready to see him go 2 years ago because personally, I think he's done.  If he starts stinking up the joint again this year, it's definitely time to move on. Enough is enough

Still rooting for him to succeed, of course, but I dont see it happening. There are too many signs on full display that he's playing scared, and once that happens...:nonono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Webb has got the tools on paper and while he looked brutal against the Browns it was literally his first game action since his very limited time in preseason a year ago. Carson Wentz didnt exactly blow it up his first bit of preseason action and well... Hes looking pretty damn good if you ask me.

(No I'm not putting Webb and Wentz in the same category so please don't)

Also, he's not the only other qb on the roster....

 

I'd like to see him get an actual opportunity before calling it. Like you said, he's got a big arm and apparently is accurate. Let's see if it translates. 

6 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

I was ready to see him go 2 years ago because personally, I think he's done.  If he starts stinking up the joint again this year, it's definitely time to move on. Enough is enough

Still rooting for him to succeed, of course, but I dont see it happening. There are too many signs on full display that he's playing scared, and once that happens...:nonono:

I think he deserves a few games with the new RB and OL. If he's still crapping the bed then we absolutely need to give the young guys a look before drafting a QB in the first round next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

If he starts stinking up the joint again this year, it's definitely time to move on.

I can't disagree strongly enough, that's the time that everyone else on the team really needs to follow his lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I can't disagree strongly enough, that's the time that everyone else on the team really needs to follow his lead.

a**?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I'd like to see him get an actual opportunity before calling it. Like you said, he's got a big arm and apparently is accurate. Let's see if it translates. 

I think he deserves a few games with the new RB and OL. If he's still crapping the bed then we absolutely need to give the young guys a look before drafting a QB in the first round next year. 

Oh yeah, of course. I hope he thrives in the new offense, I really do, but if he keeps taking a dive to avoid contact, or keeps throwing the ball away to avoid it, it’s a sure sign that it’s time. He was already doing it against Cleveland last week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eli has the best offensive weapons of his career.

His O-line is still bad to mediocre but it isn't horrific like the last few years.

35 TDs 4400 yards 90+ rating and a losing record like 2015 is not out of the question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now