VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

What a horrible draft for the Giants. Gettleman said he wouldn’t draft for need. Really, so Daniel Jones was a top 10 player on your board?  Then you draft a 340 LB DT who can’t rush the passer. Then you trade picks to move up to draft a slow CB with no agility. 

Gettleman’s drafting like it’s 1985. Hey Dave, wake up it’s 2019. It’s now a passing league. Good luck running Barkley when you’re down 28-3. 

In 2019 you need a good QB, guys who can protect the passer, guys who can rush the passer and guys who can cover. Giants are built bass ackwards.

Before the giants hired Dave Gettleman, they had Odell Beckham Jr and the second overall pick in a great QB draft. No disrespect to Barkey,  but fast forward until now. What a complete dumpster fire he’s created in 14 short months. Absolutely wrecked the team.

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I guess they wanted to pick a QB who looked like Eli.

No, they wanted to pick an ACC QB like they did in 2004 when they drafted Rivers.

If they had just pick Josh Allen that first round would have been a great draft... they would have filled many needs on the first night..

1 minute ago, pencil face said:

If they had just pick Josh Allen that first round would have been a great draft... they would have filled many needs on the first night..

Right now in Gentleman's office they are playing shoulda, woulda, coulda. 

33 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Giants nailed that first round imo.

You mean other than the QB? And who's that QB going to throw to? And how's his protection?

35 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Giants nailed that first round imo.

As in into a coffin?

8 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Yep. I've been all over Haskins since October. My heart is broken and now I get to watch Haskins tear the Giants apart twice a year for a decade.

Yay!

On a scale of 1 to Davis Webb, how many tools does Jones have?

Well that was interesting. Personally I would have taken Allen and then paired him with Lawrence at 17. That would have been a great combo. The Giants run a 3-4 and need both pass rushers and space eaters. Lawrence is the best space eater in the draft. The Baker pick is fine. He’s arguable the best cover corner in the draft and fits the Giants scheme perfectly . Not sure what that guy a few posts above is talking about when he says he has no ‘agility.’ Haha

At the end of the day Getty is putting his career on the line. He not only reached for Jones, but made a significant financial commitment to him. If Rosen or Haskins turn out to be better pros then it was a mistake and he’ll be on the street. We’ll know who was right in the next 1.5 years or so. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You mean other than the QB? And who's that QB going to throw to? And how's his protection?

You do know the Giants have an almost completely rebuilt offensive line and have Shepard, Tate, Engram and Barkley on the roster as pass catchers, right? 

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You do know the Giants have an almost completely rebuilt offensive line and have Shepard, Tate, Engram and Barkley on the roster as pass catchers, right? 

Still need RT and maybe a C but you are right that they have improved it a lot.  No defense though, and still no pass rush.  Not feeling good about the reach for the QB at 6.  I'd rather have gotten the combination of defensive players you mentioned in your previous post, and if you must pick Daniel Jones 17 is the spot not 6.... Ridiculous.

I want to say too, I see why the Giants have become the laughing stock of the NFL.  The way this team is run is puzzling. 

36 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Well that was interesting. Personally I would have taken Allen and then paired him with Lawrence at 17. That would have been a great combo. The Giants run a 3-4 and need both pass rushers and space eaters. Lawrence is the best space eater in the draft. The Baker pick is fine. He’s arguable the best cover corner in the draft and fits the Giants scheme perfectly . Not sure what that guy a few posts above is talking about when he says he has no "agility.” Haha 

At the end of the day Getty is putting his career on the line. He not only reached for Jones, but made a significant financial commitment to him. If Rosen or Haskins turn out to be better pros then it was a mistake and he’ll be on the street. We’ll know who was right in the next 1.5 years or so. 

Watch Baker play. He's slow, runs in the 4.5-4.60 range. Watch his hips, very stiff, how's he going to turn with a quick NFL WR. Also plays tall at times. On the bright side, he's definitely a ball hawk who can make big plays but he's going to give up a bunch as well.  

He would fit into a Seattle type defense with taller CB's who can press and tackle but look how those Seattle CB's have faired once they left Seattle.

42 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

Still need RT and maybe a C but you are right that they have improved it a lot.  No defense though, and still no pass rush.  Not feeling good about the reach for the QB at 6.  I'd rather have gotten the combination of defensive players you mentioned in your previous post, and if you must pick Daniel Jones 17 is the spot not 6.... Ridiculous.

I want to say too, I see why the Giants have become the laughing stock of the NFL.  The way this team is run is puzzling. 

I like our two options at Center, but yes, they need to use one of the remaining picks on a tackle or grab one of the remaining free agent vets (e.g., Remmers). This was not the best draft for tackles. 

Did the fan that won Giants tickets for 100 years give his tickets back?

That is tough man. I legit feel for Giants fans. Jones looks like a deer in headlights. With all of the over-committing to Eli they've been doing recently why not just go trenches with both of these picks? Or trade down and recoup draft capital heading into next years draft where there are legit blue chip QB prospects? 

Chip Kelly came in here years back and Fed our team up. But he still turned in the card on Lane Johnson, a stud who is still here long after Chip has been jettisoned. Is Daniel Jones gonna last in NY that much longer than Gettleman if this blows up? 

8 hours ago, Havenless said:

Before the giants hired Dave Gettleman, they had Odell Beckham Jr and the second overall pick in a great QB draft. No disrespect to Barkey,  but fast forward until now. What a complete dumpster fire he’s created in 14 short months. Absolutely wrecked the team.

To be honest, the guy was handed a dumpster fire. having drama boy Beckham was a huge mistake.

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

On a scale of 1 to Davis Webb, how many tools does Jones have?

This again? You don't seem to grasp the concept of the phrase "all the tools"

Really can't help you there.

4 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

In all fairness to that guy, he's been saying some things in TATE that have been making my head spin to the point where I just don't answer him. His logic seems to be 3+3=8 until called out and then it equals 19 and then it's 36 and you just ignore him and it goes away. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I'm not happy at all about DJ but people seem to be blind to everything else. Everyone seems to be piling on instead of taking a step back.

Quietly, the Giants are a RT away from being solid-good in the trenches on both sides for the first time in a decade.

I see people point out that they let go of OBJ, Landon, and Snacks and replaced them with Tate, Peppers and Dexter. 

Yeah? Peppers is 90% of that player of LC and costs more than $10 mil less

Snacks is on the wrong side of 30 with a ton of miles on the odometer and costed a fortune 

Giants were gonna cut Vernon but ended up get an elite guard in Zeitler when he was thrown in the OBJ package.

That's like $30-$40 mill in cap savings, a big downgrade at wr but huge upgrade on oline.

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Well that was interesting. Personally I would have taken Allen and then paired him with Lawrence at 17. That would have been a great combo. The Giants run a 3-4 and need both pass rushers and space eaters. Lawrence is the best space eater in the draft. The Baker pick is fine. He’s arguable the best cover corner in the draft and fits the Giants scheme perfectly . Not sure what that guy a few posts above is talking about when he says he has no ‘agility.’ Haha

You know it's funny, I wouldn't have gone QB at all. The second Josh Allen was on the board, I got a little scared as an Eagles fan because I thought Gettleman would remember what got the Panthers where they went ... defense. 

Grab Josh Allen and put him on the outside and not only can he rush the passer, but his coverage ability on TEs like Ertz is a big plus. Thought the Jones pick was horrible. 

Then when Lawrence was there, you have your pure nose. Perfect! That would have been such an awesome combo. 

The Giants have always been the NFC East team I respect, so it's just weird to see them making what I consider very questionable moves. I think they're OK right now at QB as they got weapons in the offseason. Eli will have people to throw to. 

12 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

And you dont understand the concept of poking fun at a fan of a rival team. You guys really need to lighten up, I know 2 terrible seasons in a row can be rough on a fan but geeze.