VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

7 minutes ago, ndirish5567 said:

In all fairness to that guy, he's been saying some things in TATE that have been making my head spin to the point where I just don't answer him. His logic seems to be 3+3=8 until called out and then it equals 19 and then it's 36 and you just ignore him and it goes away. 

Makes sense. I tried explaining it multiple times but he kept going on about Geno Smith being ahead of Webb on the depth chart Webb's rookie season. 

Not sure how that debunks "all the tools" but ok.

Either way. Good to know

9 minutes ago, ndirish5567 said:

In all fairness to that guy, he's been saying some things in TATE that have been making my head spin to the point where I just don't answer him. His logic seems to be 3+3=8 until called out and then it equals 19 and then it's 36 and you just ignore him and it goes away. 

I have no idea what you are even talking about. Who are you again?

Just now, boogyman said:

And you dont understand the concept of poking fun at a fan of a rival team. You guys really need to lighten up, I know 2 terrible seasons in a row can be rough on a fan but geeze.

I get that. I called it out as a playful jab initially but you started going off 

Something tells me you just got embarrassed by a fellow eagles fan and now you're trying to save face by suddenly claiming you were messing around and were completely joking. 

2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I have no idea what you are even talking about. Who are you again?

Bwhahahaha. Ok there Brie Larson. 

Time for ignore number three. 🤣

3 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I get that. I called it out as a playful jab initially but you started going off 

Something tells me you just got embarrassed by a fellow eagles fan and now you're trying to save face by suddenly claiming you were messing around and were completely joking. 

Wow. That first round was really hard on you, on a personal level almost. Sorry man.

5 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I honestly only remember one conversation with the guy who just put me on ignore, over resigning Jernigan. About how much he may have gotten paid for the one year and whether signing him and filling the 3rd DT spot makes it easier to draft the best player available going forward. It was completely civil so I am not sure why his parties are in such a bunch to be completely honest.

27 minutes ago, ndirish5567 said:

You know it's funny, I wouldn't have gone QB at all. The second Josh Allen was on the board, I got a little scared as an Eagles fan because I thought Gettleman would remember what got the Panthers where they went ... defense. 

Grab Josh Allen and put him on the outside and not only can he rush the passer, but his coverage ability on TEs like Ertz is a big plus. Thought the Jones pick was horrible. 

Then when Lawrence was there, you have your pure nose. Perfect! That would have been such an awesome combo. 

The Giants have always been the NFC East team I respect, so it's just weird to see them making what I consider very questionable moves. I think they're OK right now at QB as they got weapons in the offseason. Eli will have people to throw to. 

Yup, I agree with all of this. Allen seemed like the right guy, but our GM (who has built successful teams in the past and had a really good draft last year) put his career and legacy on the line for Jones. Maybe he sees something us common folk don't. 

34 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I'm not happy at all about DJ but people seem to be blind to everything else. Everyone seems to be piling on instead of taking a step back.

Quietly, the Giants are a RT away from being solid-good in the trenches on both sides for the first time in a decade.

I see people point out that they let go of OBJ, Landon, and Snacks and replaced them with Tate, Peppers and Dexter. 

Yeah? Peppers is 90% of that player of LC and costs more than $10 mil less

Snacks is on the wrong side of 30 with a ton of miles on the odometer and costed a fortune 

Giants were gonna cut Vernon but ended up get an elite guard in Zeitler when he was thrown in the OBJ package.

That's like $30-$40 mill in cap savings, a big downgrade at wr but huge upgrade on oline.

The only move I'm questioning so far this off season is the Jones pick.  Unfortunately that will make or break the rebuild. I like the way they're going about acquiring younger talent in other areas and as I've said multiple times I love the fact that they got rid of OBJ. People watch too much ESPN these days, myself included. That station has so many agendas I can't even keep up anymore. 

As a football fan I love the fact Haskins was drafted in the division and seemingly has a chip on his shoulder. Should be fun to watch both he and Jones over the next few years.

2018 very good QB class draft a RB..

2019 poor QB class reach for a massive project QB..

The Giants will be drafting #1 next year, can't wait for another QB...

As an Eagles fan, I ABSOLUTELY loved the Giants draft.

I was so worried they we would be facing Josh Allen twice a year but forgot who was running the show.

11 minutes ago, pencil face said:

Giants fan already defending this guy lol

As a Giants fan why would your first reaction be to bash him? It definitely wasn't the popular choice, but you need to give these kids a chance before calling the pick a failure. 

Is there a QB from the 2018 draft class that you absolutely regret not getting? Maybe it's Darnold. The rest, meh. 

Haskins? We need to wait and see how he develops as well, but he looks to be one donut shy of Jamarcus Russell. When has the last time OSU put out a top end starting QB. 

Chill...

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

As a Giants fan why would your first reaction be to bash him? It definitely wasn't the popular choice, but you need to give these kids a chance before calling the pick a failure. 

Is there a QB from the 2018 draft class that you absolutely regret not getting? Maybe it's Darnold. The rest, meh. 

Haskins? We need to wait and see how he develops as well, but he looks to be one donut shy of Jamarcus Russell. When has the last time OSU put out a top end starting QB. 

Chill...

I was under the notion they weren't going to draft a QB, the defense has more holes than offense, if they had drafted Allen, Lawrence, and Baker i would be happy, this is a weak QB class, also i was more hoping they would have traded for Rosen than draft any of the crap QB's in this class, it would have cost less, Arizona is asking for a first, no one biting, they will eventually come off their high demand, Rosen is getting traded today... 

Giants totally screwed the pooch not taking Allen.  Lawrence can be a sneaky good pick in a division that runs as well as the NFC east does.  Baker is a very high floor Cb.  And Jones.  Wow, lol. 

33 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I was so worried they we would be facing Josh Allen twice a year but forgot who was running the show.

19 minutes ago, pencil face said:

I was under the notion they weren't going to draft a QB, the defense has more holes than offense, if they had drafted Allen, Lawrence, and Baker i would be happy, this is a weak QB class, also i was more hoping they would have traded for Rosen than draft any of the crap QB's in this class, it would have cost less, Arizona is asking for a first, no one biting, they will eventually come off their high demand, Rosen is getting traded today... 

I agree with all of this, but if Jones turns out to be a player all will be forgotten, no? By the middle of next year (not 5 years like some people say) we'll know if the pick was a bust or if there's potential. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

I agree with all of this, but if Jones turns out to be a player all will be forgotten, no? By the middle of next year (not 5 years like some people say) we'll know if the pick was a bust or if there's potential. 

Eventually i have to accept the pick and hope he pans out, but right now i am mad, Giants looked like the Jets last night,  "we want Sapp" "we want Sapp" the NY Jets have select TE Kyle Brady..    oooooooooh..

14 minutes ago, pencil face said:

Eventually i have to accept the pick and hope he pans out, but right now i am mad, Giants looked like the Jets last night,  "we want Sapp" "we want Sapp" the NY Jets have select TE Kyle Brady..    oooooooooh..

I was soooo pissed at the raiders for passing on Allen and gifting him to the Giants...

14 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Good Luck running Barkley when you're down 28-3. The guy is stuck in 1985.

Curious why you think he's stuck in 1985. You made comments earlier about building the lines, stopping the pass and finding a young QB. That's pretty much exactly what he's done over the past 12 months. You might not like the players that he selected, but forgive me for saying, what the F do you know? Lawrence is a highly touted DT and Baker is a highly touted CB. They also used a 3rd round supplemental draft pick last season to grab CB Sam Beal, who was also highly regarded (he unfortunately got hurt in training camp). They traded an under productive DE (Vernon) for a solid guard and have a bunch of other young guys in the  defensive front 7. 

I get it, Jones is a questionable pick and we still need another tackle and pass rusher, but by not building around a pain in the butt, oft-injured WR and instead focusing on the trenches and running game I'd say he's actually building the team the right way. Wouldn't you? 

11 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Curious why you think he's stuck in 1985. You made comments earlier about building the lines, stopping the pass and finding a young QB. That's pretty much exactly what he's done over the past 12 months. You might not like the players that he selected, but forgive me for saying, what the F do you know? Lawrence is a highly touted DT and Baker is a highly touted CB. They also used a 3rd round supplemental draft pick last season to grab CB Sam Beal, who was also highly regarded (he unfortunately got hurt in training camp). They traded an under productive DE (Vernon) for a solid guard and have a bunch of other young guys in the  defensive front 7. 

I get it, Jones is a questionable pick and we still need another tackle and pass rusher, but by not building around a pain in the butt, oft-injured WR and instead focusing on the trenches and running game I'd say he's actually building the team the right way. Wouldn't you? 

It's all for naught if you don't nail the Qb.  And again the top 5 pick of RB Barkley is at odds with a team that is clearly still in full rebuild.  Jones is at best a 3 yr project, Barkley will be going on 1500 touches.

The Gettlemen plan is schizoid at best.

4 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

It's all for naught if you don't nail the Qb.  And again the top 5 pick of RB Barkley is at odds with a team that is clearly still in full rebuild.  Jones is at best a 3 yr project, Barkley will be going on 1500 touches.

We'll know where we stand with Jones by the middle of next year. There's no such thing as three year projects anymore in the NFL. Things turnover very quickly.