VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

As a football fan I love the fact Haskins was drafted in the division and seemingly has a chip on his shoulder. Should be fun to watch both he and Jones over the next few years.

27 minutes ago, boogyman said:

As a football fan I love the fact Haskins was drafted in the division and seemingly has a chip on his shoulder. Should be fun to watch both he and Jones over the next few years.

You get the cfl package?

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

You do know the Giants have an almost completely rebuilt offensive line and have Shepard, Tate, Engram and Barkley on the roster as pass catchers, right? 

Because Tate was great for us last year. And Barkley will be run in to the ground before this team gets good. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And who's that QB going to throw to?

Odell Beck... err... never mind.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because Tate was great for us last year. And Barkley will be run in to the ground before this team gets good. 

What he did with the Eagles is meaningless. I think I'll rely on the historical data that says Tate is a 900-1000 yard receiver that breaks tackles and blocks as opposed to the 8 game Philly sample. Dude is solid. You guys keep hoping SB gets run into the ground like we keep hoping Wentz will continue to be injury prone.  

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

What he did with the Eagles is meaningless.

Catching the game winning pass in a playoff game isn't really meaningless, but in a non-Super Bowl season, it's not historic either.

25 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You guys keep hoping SB gets run into the ground like we keep hoping Wentz will continue to be injury prone.  

No it's more a reality. He's playing on a bad team that needs a lot of work. Every team is another year of wear and tear on his body. RBs have a shorter shelf life. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No it's more a reality. He's playing on a bad team that needs a lot of work. Every team is another year of wear and tear on his body. RBs have a shorter shelf life. 

Your a Eagles Fan.... What would you know about  a back getting wear and tear on his body? 😁  Sorry UK i could not resist.

13 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Your a Eagles Fan.... What would you know about  a back getting wear and tear on his body? 😁  Sorry UK i could not resist.

Absolutely nothing. But being from the UK I got a good education so I can read! 😂😋

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Curious why you think he's stuck in 1985. You made comments earlier about building the lines, stopping the pass and finding a young QB. That's pretty much exactly what he's done over the past 12 months. You might not like the players that he selected, but forgive me for saying, what the F do you know? Lawrence is a highly touted DT and Baker is a highly touted CB. They also used a 3rd round supplemental draft pick last season to grab CB Sam Beal, who was also highly regarded (he unfortunately got hurt in training camp). They traded an under productive DE (Vernon) for a solid guard and have a bunch of other young guys in the  defensive front 7. 

I get it, Jones is a questionable pick and we still need another tackle and pass rusher, but by not building around a pain in the butt, oft-injured WR and instead focusing on the trenches and running game I'd say he's actually building the team the right way. Wouldn't you? 

This is a passing league. Not sure how old you are but in 1985 this league was about running the ball and stopping the run. Not anymore. Barkley is sensational but shouldn't have been the pick last year. All the top rookie QB's last year, even Rosen, are better prospects than Daniel Jones. He was a serious reach. Why take Lawrence, who's a 2-down DT? You need guys that can rush the passer. Wentz and all the other QB's are going to have all day to pass the ball. Can't wait to see that.

As far as I'm concerned I hope Gettlemen stays there forever. Keep up the great work.

5 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

This is a passing league. Not sure how old you are but in 1985 this league was about running the ball and stopping the run. Not anymore. Barkley is sensational but shouldn't have been the pick last year. All the top QB's, even Rosen, are better prospects than Daniel Jones. He was a serious reach. Why take Lawrence, who's a 2-down DT? You need guys that can rush the passer. Wentz and all the other QB's are going to have all day to pass the ball. Can't wait to see that.

As far as I'm concerned I hope Gettlemen stays there forever. Keep up the great work.

It was a power running league back in the day. It's been a straight passing league most recently (RB was totally devalued) and now it's shifting to a league that values hybrid stars (i.e., making guys that can run AND catch the center piece of your offense). Lucky we have one of the best hybrid players in the business, along with guys like Zeke, Bell, Gurley, Johnson and McCaffrey. That's where the league is headed now. Also, keep in the mind the Pats just won the super bowl playing smash mouth football and deploying a bunch of slot guys in the passing game. 

No argument that Jones was a reach (I would have preferred Allen). No argument the we still need more pass rushers, but in a 3-4 scheme you also need some big bodies. The Giants are far from a finished product. 

13 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Giants fans are giving their draft an F so far.

Imagine that, fans bishing! 

6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

It was a power running league back in the day. It's been a straight passing league most recently (RB was totally devalued) and now it's shifting to a league that values hybrid stars (i.e., making guys that can run AND catch the center piece of your offense). Lucky we have one of the best hybrid players in the business, along with guys like Zeke, Bell, Gurley, Johnson and McCaffrey. That's where the league is headed now. Also, keep in the mind the Pats just won the super bowl playing smash mouth football and deploying a bunch of slot guys in the passing game. 

No argument that Jones was a reach (I would have preferred Allen). No argument the we still need more pass rushers, but in a 3-4 scheme you also need some big bodies. The Giants are far from a finished product. 

You are kinda contradicting yourself in here.  On one hand recognizing that NFL rebuilds are not 5 yr projects anymore and yet after 2 full offseasons acknowledging how far away they still are.

5 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

You are kinda contradicting yourself in here.  On one hand recognizing that NFL rebuilds are not 5 yr projects anymore and yet after 2 full offseasons acknowledging how far away they still are.

No I said QBs are not three year projects anymore, meaning no team is waiting three years to see if a guy can play. It definitely takes a few years to rebuild an entire team. I also don't think they're that far away (once the OL was settled after game 8 this was a competitive team). Of course if Jones is a total flop we'll be facing a significant set back. 

54 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Screw you and the rest of these F-ers. I'm headed out to watch End Game in a bit and I'm not letting you bring me down. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Screw you and the rest of these F-ers. I'm headed out to watch End Game in a bit and I'm not letting you bring me down. :thumbsup:

Mantis kills Thanos. 

Kidding lol

16 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You're in for a treat. Though I'd say Gettleman is doing more damage than Thanos.

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I'm gonna see it Sunday afternoon. Pumped. 

Either way, yeah.... It's just piling on here now. No one is denying that it was a reach but a QB is the one position where you do reach

This is what bothers me. The media is driving much of this. If the Giants had drafted Rosen last year at #2(who nobody wants and the GM that drafted him just drafted a sub 5'10" QB) and took Josh Allen at #6 this year, they would still have no running game and a long way to go but the media would be singing their praises.

35 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I'm gonna see it Sunday afternoon. Pumped. 

Either way, yeah.... It's just piling on here now. No one is denying that it was a reach but a QB is the one position where you do reach

This is what bothers me. The media is driving much of this. If the Giants had drafted Rosen last year at #2(who nobody wants and the GM that drafted him just drafted a sub 5'10" QB) and took Josh Allen at #6 this year, they would still have no running game and a long way to go but the media would be singing their praises.

But Rosen went 10 (4th QB selected I think?), so if the Giants drafted him at 2 I bet they would have been heavily criticized as well. 

Also just looking at all the fan reactions I dont think it's the media driving anything.