VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

7 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

As a Giants fan why would your first reaction be to bash him? It definitely wasn't the popular choice, but you need to give these kids a chance before calling the pick a failure. 

Is there a QB from the 2018 draft class that you absolutely regret not getting? Maybe it's Darnold. The rest, meh. 

Haskins? We need to wait and see how he develops as well, but he looks to be one donut shy of Jamarcus Russell. When has the last time OSU put out a top end starting QB. 

Chill...

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

5 hours ago, boogyman said:

But Rosen went 10 (4th QB selected I think?), so if the Giants drafted him at 2 I bet they would have been heavily criticized as well. 

Also just looking at all the fan reactions I dont think it's the media driving anything.

He went 10th but was expected to go as high as 2nd so no. They would have been praised.

Fans follow the media. I watched DJ. I didn't want him but I don't get the hate. If you ask 95% of the fans losing their minds over DJ, the first time they saw film on him was when he was announced as the pick and the clips were shown. Reports are coming out that most teams did have DJ rated higher than Haskins. I have trouble buying it because I loved Haskins but as we've seen time and time again, there's the scouts and then there's us.

Also Dave Gettleman is the Trump of GMs. Even his supporters wish he would shut his damn mouth.

8 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

He went 10th but was expected to go as high as 2nd so no. They would have been praised.

Fans follow the media. I watched DJ. I didn't want him but I don't get the hate. If you ask 95% of the fans losing their minds over DJ, the first time they saw film on him was when he was announced as the pick and the clips were shown. Reports are coming out that most teams did have DJ rated higher than Haskins. I have trouble buying it because I loved Haskins but as we've seen time and time again, there's the scouts and then there's us.

Also Dave Gettleman is the Trump of GMs. Even his supporters wish he would shut his damn mouth.

The Giants fans themselves have driven the dislike for the Jones pick, starting the very second it was announced.

33 minutes ago, boogyman said:

The Giants fans themselves have driven the dislike for the Jones pick, starting the very second it was announced.

Yes. Why? Why do you think? Where do you think fans are getting their info on Jones from? As I said, they didn't watch him play.

Is this you being serious or are you gonna play the "just joking card" again?

49 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Yes. Why? Why do you think? Where do you think fans are getting their info on Jones from? As I said, they didn't watch him play.

You convinced me. Jones is going to be fine. He was a great pick. In a year or two he will be a solid QB leading a resurgent Giants squad.  Pretty much every single person is wrong. All the grief the pick has gotten is because of the media. All those fans booing at every draft party and gathering were only doing it because of the media steering them wrong.

And I am not joking. If I was I would mention his obvious tools, but running jokes of that type are very touchy subjects with certain people around here.

Daniel Jones has already been criticized more than Donovan McNabb was throughout his entire career.

I didn’t like Jones going into the draft. From what I can tell he isn’t accurate enough to have great success. Of course, I said the same thing when Eli was drafted.

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

You convinced me. Jones is going to be fine. He was a great pick. In a year or two he will be a solid QB leading a resurgent Giants squad.  Pretty much every single person is wrong. All the grief the pick has gotten is because of the media. All those fans booing at every draft party and gathering were only doing it because of the media steering them wrong.

And I am not joking. If I was I would mention his obvious tools, but running jokes of that type are very touchy subjects with certain people around here.

Thanks for proving my point

34 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Daniel Jones has already been criticized more than Donovan McNabb was throughout his entire career.

I didn’t like Jones going into the draft. From what I can tell he isn’t accurate enough to have great success. Of course, I said the same thing when Eli was drafted.

It's unreal. I still hate the pick. I wanted Haskins and wanted him bad.

I would have even gladly taken Lock over DJ. The pick is Daniel Jones though and idk if there's a player I've seen with more disagreement on.

Some like Peyton, Brandt, and such are swearing by him, while others say he's a game manager at best and many have less sweet things to say about him

I watched him a couple times. To me, he's got talent and a good kid but limited. Alex Smith at best. It was obvious he had no talent around him at Duke but he made Eli-esque mind numbingly bad decisions at times and lacked the arm that Eli had.

Still, from reports, it sounds like there's a major disconnect between NFL shouting and fans/media regarding Jones and many others as we've probably seen this year more than I recall in past drafts.

I hope to everything holy that I and most others apparently are dead wrong on Daniel Jones

3 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

It's unreal. I still hate the pick. I wanted Haskins and wanted him bad.

I’m not 100% happy with the pick either, but it sounds like both the Skins and Dolphins had Jones as the second best QB on their boards, meaning he wasn’t making it to #17. Personally I would have taken Allen and traded our 2nd for Rosen, but if Jones was Getty’s guy it makes a little bit of sense that he took him at 6. That’s the best explanation I can come up with. 

I had no interest in Haskins. 

Pretty happy with the rest of the draft. All defense. Love the Wisconsin LBer. Maybe grab a few OL with the remaining picks. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m not 100% happy with the pick either, but it sounds like both the Skins and Dolphins had Jones as the second best QB on their boards, meaning he wasn’t making it to #17. Personally I would have taken Allen and traded our 2nd for Rosen, but if Jones was Getty’s guy it makes a little bit of sense that he took him at 6. That’s the best explanation I can come up with. 

I had no interest in Haskins. 

Pretty happy with the rest of the draft. All defense. Love the Wisconsin LBer. Maybe grab a few OL with the remaining picks. 

I never had much love for Rosen. Really pretty ball but from day 1, he's always felt like Cutler 2.0 to me.

But yeah, Ive also heard that Jones was on Denver's radar too and is why they traded back.

Rest of draft looks ok. I like the building of the secondary and that the Dline is now set, young, and cheap.

Younger and cheaper. It really baffles how people are claiming that the Giants have no plan.

26 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I never had much love for Rosen. Really pretty ball but from day 1, he's always felt like Cutler 2.0 to me.

But yeah, Ive also heard that Jones was on Denver's radar too and is why they traded back.

Rest of draft looks ok. I like the building of the secondary and that the Dline is now set, young, and cheap.

Younger and cheaper. It really baffles how people are claiming that the Giants have no plan.

Cardinals got greedy. Instead of getting a 2nd round pick from Giants, they ended up getting a 3rd and next year's 5th from Dolphins.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:40 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Catching the game winning pass in a playoff game isn't really meaningless, but in a non-Super Bowl season, it's not historic either.

Man that catch was amazing and huge.  I thought for sure it earned him a spot on the team.  Big fan of tate. Was a big fan anyways.  Now he is the enemy

19 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Cardinals got greedy. Instead of getting a 2nd round pick from Giants, they ended up getting a 3rd and next year's 5th from Dolphins.

Pretty sure the 5th went to the Dolphins in that trade.

Rosen was one of the worst QBs on planet earth last year.

He sucked before his line got hurt and after it fell apart.

6 minutes ago, skippyx said:

Pretty sure the 5th went to the Dolphins in that trade.

100% wrong. The Dolphins are sending a fifth to the Cardinals next year. It was initially misreported the other way, which is why there has been confusion.

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

100% wrong. The Dolphins are sending a fifth to the Cardinals next year. It was initially misreported the other way, which is why there has been confusion.

Thanks.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:05 AM, vincent_NJG said:

The belief among some is The Mannings forced this pick on the Maras, who in turn forced Gettleman to take him no matter what,

And the Broncos likely take him at 10 given they did move up in Round 2 to take Drew Lock while it's possible if not, the Bengals take Jones at 11. 

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

The belief among some is The Mannings forced this pick on the Maras, who in turn forced Gettleman to take him no matter what,

And the Broncos likely take him at 10 given they did move up in Round 2 to take Drew Lock while it's possible if not, the Bengals take Jones at 11. 

The ‘some’ that actually believe that need to get their heads checked. 

16 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I've been seeing idiots across Twitter actually spew this nonsense.

Its unreal. Honestly, to think that the Giants would mortgage their next decade based on the fear of disapproval from the Manning family is beyond absurd 

22 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Maybe. The Broncos seemed disinterested in taking a QB this year, since they have Flacco and they traded the #10 pick to the Steelers. There were a lot of folks thought they'd take Lock at #10. The Broncos were able to move up in Round 2 with Lock still on the board since they had already gained the extra picks from the Steelers. Lock played right into their hands. Maybe the Bengals had interest, we'll never know...  Perhaps both teams had all the QBs after Murray ranked lower. I know I did. Jones seemed linked to the Giants from the start.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, BKLYNYG said:

This was a big argument by some Tuesday on The Michael Kay Show on 98.7 ESPN in New York while they also went into a whole diatribe on the thought that there were other reasons for taking Daniel Jones at #6. 

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They're fiery under the covers? :huh: 

Maybe we now know why they’re not very good at football. 

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They're fiery under the covers? :huh: 

Scandalous!