VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They're fiery under the covers? :huh: 

He's talking about them being fiery under the cover and he seems very sweaty. Interesting.....:o

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

He's talking about them being fiery under the cover and he seems very sweaty. Interesting.....:o

You would be sweating as well if you had to spend an entire afternoon on the sideline dodging errant passes from your QBs.

12 hours ago, boogyman said:

You would be sweating as well if you had to spend an entire afternoon on the sideline dodging errant passes from your QBs.

I bet the job of "wheelchair guy” in Philly’s camp is equally difficult, but Wentz gotta get to meetings somehow, amirite. 

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I bet the job of "wheelchair guy” in Philly’s camp is equally difficult, but Wentz gotta get to meetings somehow, amirite. 

Not sure. Our "wheelchair guy" doesn't do press conferences answering questions about how the guys in our QB room are under the covers. I think that is just a NY thing.

Giants fans, fast forward to the season. If Eli is struggling and the losses are piling up, how long do you want to go before Eli is yanked?

20 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Giants fans, fast forward to the season. If Eli is struggling and the losses are piling up, how long do you want to go before Eli is yanked?

Not a Ginats fan, but my answer would be it's more about Jones than Eli.  Eli is there to place hold until Jones is ready.  If that's preseason, 6 games or 12 games, it's still about Jones.  We already know Eli sucks and is finished as a franchise qb.

20 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Immediately. Next year’s draft class has a bunch of good QB prospects. The more games we have to see if we’re going to be in the same boat as the Cardinals were in this year the better. 

13 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Immediately. Next year’s draft class has a bunch of good QB prospects. The more games we have to see if we’re going to be in the same boat as the Cardinals were in this year the better. 

I have to say that’s a valid point. See as much of him as you can that way you know what you have. The only problem is sometimes it takes a QB more than a year to figure it out and you could be too quick to move on. 

16 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

The thing is, the Giants may rely more on Barkley this year, and less on the passing game. So if Eli is competent, but the Giants lose a good bit, he may not get yanked.

Well if you start Daniels too soon this season, you risk missing out on those six win seasons he might deliver in 2020 and 2021.

The bigger question is after 4 or 5 years of winning 6 or 7 games, what team do we think Barkley will sign with if he has any tread left on his tires?

I presume that Giants fans have seen or heard about Beckham's comments about how he 'couldn't reach his full potential' as a Giant and now that he's a Brown, he can.

Any thoughts on it?

56 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I presume that Giants fans have seen or heard about Beckham's comments about how he 'couldn't reach his full potential' as a Giant and now that he's a Brown, he can.

Any thoughts on it?

The Browns have high tech kicking nets capable of fighting back so it's more of a challenge?

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Any thoughts on it?

Yeah we will see about that between his attitude and Mayfield's attitude I expect an an implosion

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah we will see about that between his attitude and Mayfield's attitude I expect an an implosion

The more I hear form Mayfield, the more I don't like him and hope he flames out.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:32 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

That coach looks like a lightweight.

Jared Lorenzen hospitalized

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/30/jared-lorenzen-hospitalized/

Jared Lorenzen, a former NFL quarterback who has been open about his health problems, has been hospitalized.

Lorenzen’s family released a statement saying that his health took a turn for the worse.

"On Friday, June 28, Jared began playing a bigger, more important game than he’s ever played before,” the statement said. "Jared had not been feeling well for a few weeks and that finally caught up with him. He was brought to the hospital and fairly quickly was admitted to the ICU. Jared is battling an infection, kidney and heart issues. He is fighting with everything he has and his immediate family is by his side. We will attempt to update as often as possible, but please respect that some aspects of this journey are private matters.”

Lorenzen spent three years with the Giants and was listed at 285 pounds, making him the heaviest quarterback in the NFL. That was often treated as humorous, but Lorenzen revealed two years ago that he ballooned up to 500 pounds and was concerned about his own health.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:39 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Any thoughts on it?

OBJ hasn't stopped talking since he left. The dude is bitter. I would be to if I was desperately seeking attention and was traded from NY to Cleveland. If the Browns don't win games he'll be just another NFL WR. In NY he was still a cultural icon. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

OBJ hasn't stopped talking since he left. The dude is bitter. I would be to if I was desperately seeking attention and was traded from NY to Cleveland. If the Browns don't win games he'll be just another NFL WR. In NY he was still a cultural icon. 

For me, I hate it when a player like that leaves the Eagles on 'bad terms'. Terrell Owens or Desean Jackson are probably the closest analogies that I can think of for the Eagles, maybe LeSean McCoy, also. With Jackson and McCoy though, if my memory is serving me, they mainly only talked crap about Chip Kelly as opposed to the Eagles franchise. I remember McCoy's first game back at the Linc, he went to midfield, got down and 'kissed' the Eagles logo.

Of course, I don't mind it when it happens to a division rival... :angel:

37 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For me, I hate it when a player like that leaves the Eagles on 'bad terms'. Terrell Owens or Desean Jackson are probably the closest analogies that I can think of for the Eagles, maybe LeSean McCoy, also. With Jackson and McCoy though, if my memory is serving me, they mainly only talked crap about Chip Kelly as opposed to the Eagles franchise. I remember McCoy's first game back at the Linc, he went to midfield, got down and 'kissed' the Eagles logo.

Of course, I don't mind it when it happens to a division rival... :angel:

Yep. Shady gave Lurie a big hug too that day.