VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

If you mean the human filth that booed Daniel Jones the person at a Yankees game then I agree with you... NY fans are classless.

8 hours ago, skippyx said:

If you mean the human filth that booed Daniel Jones the person at a Yankees game then I agree with you... NY fans are classless.

I feel so bad for openly disagreeing with that draft pick.  I was very clearly wrong.  Anyone who has seen him play can see he is going to be an outstanding NFL QB.  Kudo's to Gettleman for really doing his home work.  This had nothing to do with anything other then this guys talent.  It didn't have anything to do with connections to the Mannings, or who coached him.  This kid is good.  He makes throws that a rookie in their first preseason should not be able to make. 

On 8/12/2019 at 9:58 AM, GA4M said:

I'm not trusting of it yet...need to see a lot more. but to me, Eli was finished back when he signed his last contract. they keep putting talent around him and it continues to be the SOS. JC, time for new QB play....even if he doesn't work out.

I really still disagree with this.  Eli is still what he's always been.  A pocket passer who when you protect him can win you games.  If you look back earlier in his career, even just at the stats you can see he actually did not light the world on fire.  The Giants were winning because they had a good team around him, as the team fell apart Eli got better (as QB's do) and I would say right now Eli isn't at his peak but he's not far removed from it.  A lot of people are looking back with rose colored glasses and forgetting the fact that Eli was never a someone who would put up huge numbers early in his career.  He has always been good late in games and he has always been good at the end of halfs.  I would say Eli has gotten as much out of his physical skill set as anyone else could have.  He has a decent arm, but that's about all he's ever had physically.  He's always prepared and he's prepared this year but this will be his last year with the Giants.  

On 8/29/2019 at 3:08 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Is the correct term crazy or classless passionate? ;)

FYP

9 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I really still disagree with this.  Eli is still what he's always been.  A pocket passer who when you protect him can win you games.  If you look back earlier in his career, even just at the stats you can see he actually did not light the world on fire.  The Giants were winning because they had a good team around him, as the team fell apart Eli got better (as QB's do) and I would say right now Eli isn't at his peak but he's not far removed from it.  A lot of people are looking back with rose colored glasses and forgetting the fact that Eli was never a someone who would put up huge numbers early in his career.  He has always been good late in games and he has always been good at the end of halfs.  I would say Eli has gotten as much out of his physical skill set as anyone else could have.  He has a decent arm, but that's about all he's ever had physically.  He's always prepared and he's prepared this year but this will be his last year with the Giants.  

Believe me, I respect all he's done. but they've hung on too long and seem to be living in the past. For me, it was a mistake to give him that last contract for the time and amount, but like you say.....it should be his last year and none of this will matter pretty soon. these 5 wins seasons are getting old, man.:lol:

3 hours ago, GA4M said:

Believe me, I respect all he's done. but they've hung on too long and seem to be living in the past. For me, it was a mistake to give him that last contract for the time and amount, but like you say.....it should be his last year and none of this will matter pretty soon. these 5 wins seasons are getting old, man.:lol:

I'm just going to point out they were not winning because they had a bad team.  Blaming Eli is missing the point.  Eli was a much worse QB in 2005 for example when they won 11 games.  DJ looks like he's going to be a real keeper but they have to put a team around him.  He won't be able to do it by himself.  There is no silver bullet.  They have to sure up their roster.  Gettleman is doing a good job so far of doing that. 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Is the correct term crazy or classless? ;)

Now why bring Cowboys fans into this?

I don't count @Stephen1, he's a closet Eagles fan. He just won't admit it yet.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:08 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Is the correct term crazy or classless? ;)

I'd say your moms just crazy but I @probably know someone who makes her classless. 

On 8/31/2019 at 6:25 AM, 20dawk4life said:

I'd say your moms just crazy but I @probably know someone who makes her classless. 

Kind of supporting my post with this comment pal. 👍

On 8/30/2019 at 7:52 PM, Happyfoosball said:

I'm just going to point out they were not winning because they had a bad team.  Blaming Eli is missing the point.  Eli was a much worse QB in 2005 for example when they won 11 games.  DJ looks like he's going to be a real keeper but they have to put a team around him.  He won't be able to do it by himself.  There is no silver bullet.  They have to sure up their roster.  Gettleman is doing a good job so far of doing that. 

He flinches at phantom pressure dude.  If you mean to say, "give him lots of time and good weapons he can still hurt you".  Well, yeah, most backup Qb's fit that description and yes i would take some of the top backups in the NFL over Eli at this time.

As for Jones, I'm all in on Giants starting this guy over useless Eli.  I'm glad you have your hopes up, will make it more funnier when they crash.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:32 AM, Happyfoosball said:

I feel so bad for openly disagreeing with that draft pick.  I was very clearly wrong.  Anyone who has seen him play can see he is going to be an outstanding NFL QB.  Kudo's to Gettleman for really doing his home work.  This had nothing to do with anything other then this guys talent.  It didn't have anything to do with connections to the Mannings, or who coached him.  This kid is good.  He makes throws that a rookie in their first preseason should not be able to make. 

If you mean the TE runs 8 yards and turns around vs zone coverage, a fade to the end zone with no DB looking, or that 20-25 yard sideline throw where the 5th string DB is playing soft on the WRs then yeah... fit him for a gold jacket already.

If you mean playing against a real NFL D... he has not done that yet.

The Bears actually failed to show up for one of those preseason games. (sat all starters)

If he had done well against a team like the Ravens who play starters and actually try to win / attack the QB in preseason then I would give him some small credit towards his actual future in real games. What he faced is closer to the pro bowl then a real game. except with UPS drivers instead of pro bowl players on D.

His preseason numbers only prove that he is on par with Matt Barkley, Kyle Slotter, Tim Boyle, and Luke Faulk.

Maybe all 5 of those guys can go to Canton in the special group enshrinement this year?

5 minutes ago, skippyx said:

If you mean the TE runs 8 yards and turns around vs zone coverage, a fade to the end zone with no DB looking, or that 20-25 yard sideline throw where the 5th string DB is playing soft on the WRs then yeah... fit him for a gold jacket already.

The Bears actually failed to show up for one of those preseason games. (sat all starters)

If he had done well against a team like the Ravens who play starters and actually try to win / attack the QB in preseason then I would give him some small credit towards his actual future in real games. What he faced is closer to the pro bowl then a real game. except with UPS drivers instead of pro bowl players on D.

His preseason numbers only prove that he is on par with Matt Barkley, Kyle Slotter, Tim Boyle, and Luke Faulk.

Maybe all 5 of those guys can go to Canton in the special group enshrinement this year?

So you mock one guy for making assumptions based on pre-season play and then go and do the same thing yourself. Brilliant! 

What we can tell from pre-season is that the kid is capable of making all the the throws. There was a question about that coming out of the draft. Can he actually lead a team when first string defenses are on the field is still up in the air, but he won't fail because of physical limitations. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

So you mock one guy for making assumptions based on pre-season play and then go and do the same thing yourself. Brilliant! 

What we can tell from pre-season is that the kid is capable of making all the the throws. There was a question about that coming out of the draft. Can he actually lead a team when first string defenses are on the field is still up in the air, but he won't fail because of physical limitations. 

He is capable of making all the throws behind his starting line with 2nd and 3rd stringers on the other side when the D is not scheming coverage or blitzes.

Every QB in the NFL is capable of making all the throws in that situation.

You may be referring to the 'look mommy, our big boy QB threw the ball 42 yards in the air' play?

That is nothing for an NFL backup.

Here is WR Willie Snead throwing the ball 33 yards in the air. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mD5kjLYjWs

Here is Edelman chucking it 37 yards in the air. 

Here is Randle El throwing it 44 yards in the air.

Here is a kicker throwing the ball 38 yards across the field.

None of them are NFL QBs!

10 hours ago, skippyx said:

Every QB in the NFL is capable of making all the throws in that situation.

Actually no, they're not. 

My god what a stupid collection of videos. Sometimes I read your posts and ask myself, has this guy ever watched a single NFL game or does he just post on this MB to stir the pot. 

On 9/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, BKLYNYG said:

Actually no, they're not. 

My god what a stupid collection of videos. Sometimes I read your posts and ask myself, has this guy ever watched a single NFL game or does he just post on this MB to stir the pot. 

He doesn't. He just stares at stats. 

All about the analytics. I remember a few years ago he spent the entire offseason going on and on about how taking Zeke high was the worst draft pick ever for no other reason than that he's a RB.

He spent this spring claiming that DJ was an awful college QB solely based off stats taken at face value.

4 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

He doesn't. He just stares at stats. 

All about the analytics. I remember a few years ago he spent the entire offseason going on and on about how taking Zeke high was the worst draft pick ever for no other reason than that he's a RB.

He spent this spring claiming that DJ was an awful college QB solely based off stats taken at face value.

It's painful for me to watch people misinterpret and/or cherry pick data. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

It's painful for me to watch people misinterpret and/or cherry pick data. 

That's how it is now. All about analytics and narratives to pair with those that cant admit the possibility of being wrong.

It's kind of ruining the classic practice of actually watching the games. Thats all Twitter is at least anymore. 

I'd go so far as to say that some of those SB winners that had RBBC, actually had multiple starting Rb's under contract because the current devaluation of the position lets them get away with it.  Not until very recently are we seeing backfields like atlanta and New Orleans get broken up because the value is inching from "criminally low" to "just blatantly unfair".

For crissakes, just look at the Eagles.  We had 2 starting Rb's in 2017 and ranked 1st in rushing.  2018, same O-line (slightly worse yr performance wise), we fielded below replacement level RB's and ended 28th. 

RB's do matter, analytics can be just as stubborn as classic scouting at accepting when they are wrong.  remember when sabremetrics said defense in baseball didn;t matter?  For like 10 years until they finally figured out how to measure it?

On 9/2/2019 at 7:53 PM, skippyx said:

100% BS post on your part.  The fact is he made NFL throws.  He made some real good ones.  The knock on him coming out was his arm and whether he could make those NFL throws.  That question has been answered and that is the point most of us are speaking too.  And yes we are excited about him as we should be.  He's young, mobile,  can make the throws and looks like a good kid.  We have every reason to be excited. 

On 9/2/2019 at 8:04 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Hadn't even read this post before I put mine down.  Exactly how I feel, and exactly why we should all be excited. 

16 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'd go so far as to say that some of those SB winners that had RBBC, actually had multiple starting Rb's under contract because the current devaluation of the position lets them get away with it.  Not until very recently are we seeing backfields like atlanta and New Orleans get broken up because the value is inching from "criminally low" to "just blatantly unfair".

For crissakes, just look at the Eagles.  We had 2 starting Rb's in 2017 and ranked 1st in rushing.  2018, same O-line (slightly worse yr performance wise), we fielded below replacement level RB's and ended 28th. 

RB's do matter, analytics can be just as stubborn as classic scouting at accepting when they are wrong.  remember when sabremetrics said defense in baseball didn;t matter?  For like 10 years until they finally figured out how to measure it?

To speak to your point,  the Giants won in 07 and 11 with Bradshaw and Jacobs.  In 2011 the line was very poor at run blocking, those two guys got really tough yards for that team on a fairly consistent basis.  They didn't put up huge numbers but they converted on a lot of 3rd and shorts where lesser runningbacks would not have.  They also helped wear down defenses.  I do agree with you that running backs matter, I just don't know how much they matter. 

3 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

100% BS post on your part.  The fact is he made NFL throws.  He made some real good ones.  The knock on him coming out was his arm and whether he could make those NFL throws.  That question has been answered and that is the point most of us are speaking too.  And yes we are excited about him as we should be.  He's young, mobile,  can make the throws and looks like a good kid.  We have every reason to be excited. 

He’s not only making all the throws, he’s making them down the field and accurately. Not all NFL QBs can do that. It still doesn’t mean he’ll be a good starting QB, but like you said theses reason for optimism. 

I dont think anyone is saying RBs do not matter. You need as many good, competent players at as many positions you can. Having poor players at any position weakens a team.

But if given a choice at a top 3 player at any position of my choosing RB would be towards to bottom for me.