VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

4 hours ago, boogyman said:

I dont think anyone is saying RBs do not matter. You need as many good, competent players at as many positions you can. Having poor players at any position weakens a team.

But if given a choice at a top 3 player at any position of my choosing RB would be towards to bottom for me.

It's no coincidence that all these posts devaluing RBs on the EMB happen when the best 2 backs in the league play for the Eagles' two biggest rivals. That said, I would rank it like this:

1) QB 2) LT 3) DE/OLB 4) Any skill position player (RB, WR, TE) 5) CB

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It's no coincidence that all these posts devaluing RBs on the EMB happen when the best 2 back in the league play for the Eagles' two biggest rivals. That said, I would rank it like this:

To be fair Andy Reid was pretty much the first guy to devalue Rbs drastically so it's something that's been ingrained around here for a while.

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It's no coincidence that all these posts devaluing RBs on the EMB happen when the best 2 backs in the league play for the Eagles' two biggest rivals. That said, I would rank it like this:

I actually felt that way before either Zeke or Barkley were in the league but sure, go ahead assume.

Agree with most of your list but would put TE ahead of RB and WR. And I would slide safety ahead of CB, and put DT even with edge rusher. Speaking simply of what position I would want top 3 talent that is.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

To be fair Andy Reid was pretty much the first guy to devalue Rbs drastically so it's something that's been ingrained around here for a while.

Again you need competent players at the position. And having a great RB is a plus to an offense obviously. I just seen to many teams win a lot of games and rings without a great RB and too many offenses be among the top of the league using RBBC to put a big draft or cap priority on the position.

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Eagles also won a super bowl and went to another without an elite running back. The last elite running back the eagles had was McCoy and they didn't win anything with him. So it's not just because Zeke and Barkley are in the division. 

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Eagles also won a super bowl and went to another without an elite running back. The last elite running back the eagles had was McCoy and they didn't win anything with him. So it's not just because Zeke and Barkley are in the division. 

We were second or third in the league in rushing in 2017 with Blount and Ajayi. The next year neither did squat. 2 years are either even on a roster?

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Oh and it cant be coincidence that a Giants fan is overplaying the value of an elite running back when their best player is a running back. 

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Well, I don't de-value it. I did NOT want the Giants to take Barkley. As for Elliott, when he was drafted, I'd never heard of him (as far as I remember).

I don't follow college football, even a little.

17 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Oh and it cant be coincidence that a Giants fan is overplaying the value of an elite running back when their best player is a running back. 

Read my earlier post, I said I’m clearly biased. But I also ranked RB no higher than fourth and also don’t think SB can not be looked at as just a RB. There’s 4 maybe 5 backs that fit in this category and deserve to be paid for the value they bring. 

FYI you also said you would put TE ahead of RB and WR. Guess who’s arguably the best player on the Eagles? 🤔

20 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Read my earlier post, I said I’m clearly biased. But I also ranked RB no higher than fourth and also don’t think SB can not be looked at as just a RB. There’s 4 maybe 5 backs that fit in this category and deserve to be paid for the value they bring. 

FYI you also said you would put TE ahead of RB and WR. Guess who’s arguably the best player on the Eagles? 🤔

Ertz. As Gronk was probably the 2nd best Pat for quite a while and quite a few rings. Both got rings.

Looking around the league it just seems easier to find a stud WR than a TE.

Meanwhile the APs, Mccoys, Bells, ect...got squat.

Not saying a team with top RB cant win, that would be silly. I would not be shocked if Dallas won a ring the the next 3 or so years. But in recent history they have not.

The arguement is mostly a bang for buck one, and about longevity. Elite backs do not stay elite for a long time except in very rare instances, and it's been proven over the last 15 years or so you can win with a collection of competent RBs. 

The position takes a pounding so putting a lot of your eggs in the RB basket seems risky to me. Maybe this year a team does it and you can say told you so, but even then I would put my money on that being an aberration.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

We were second or third in the league in rushing in 2017 with Blount and Ajayi. The next year neither did squat. 2 years are either even on a roster?

Nope I don't believe so

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Ertz. As Gronk was probably the 2nd best Pat for quite a while and quite a few rings. Both got rings.

Looking around the league it just seems easier to find a stud WR than a TE.

Meanwhile the APs, Mccoys, Bells, ect...got squat.

Not saying a team with top RB cant win, that would be silly. I would not be shocked if Dallas won a ring the the next 3 or so years. But in recent history they have not.

The arguement is mostly a bang for buck one, and about longevity. Elite backs do not stay elite for a long time except in very rare instances, and it's been proven over the last 15 years or so you can win with a collection of competent RBs. 

The position takes a pounding so putting a lot of your eggs in the RB basket seems risky to me. Maybe this year a team does it and you can say told you so, but even then I would put my money on that being an aberration.

That's not a pleasant thing to read less than 15 minutes after eating. 

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That's not a pleasant thing to read less than 15 minutes after eating. 

The have a good defense and a great O line. Teams with those can win. They will probably screw it up, but I cant count out teams with those 2 things. Luckily for us their coach sucks.

2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

The have a good defense and a great O line. Teams with those can win. They will probably screw it up, but I cant count out teams with those 2 things. Luckily for us their coach sucks.

He can clap like no one's business lol.

I don't get the running back argument here.  If it's to devalue Squadron I would point out he's not just a "running back".  He transcends the position.  He impacts the game in ways a typical running back, even a good one doesn't.  You have to account for him as a receiver, as a runner, and as a home run threat.  He is a very unique talent.  But yes in general an offense can be incredibly successful without a great running back.  Two good running backs is often plenty to win with, especially if you have great players at other positions. 

7 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I don't get the running back argument here.  If it's to devalue Squadron I would point out he's not just a "running back".  He transcends the position.  He impacts the game in ways a typical running back, even a good one doesn't.  You have to account for him as a receiver, as a runner, and as a home run threat.  He is a very unique talent.  But yes in general an offense can be incredibly successful without a great running back.  Two good running backs is often plenty to win with, especially if you have great players at other positions. 

Having a great RB is...well great. I think the arguement is using a high first round pick, or in Zekes case a big extension on a player who the odds say will have a prime shelf life of 5 or so years. If you win a championship during that time, then yeah, worth it. But that has not happened in a very long time in the NFL and that's where the questions and arguements come from.

Or maybe the questions from all the different people that feel the same way about RBs come from the fact I am an Eagles fan. Maybe BKLYNYG can better answer that.

I still stand by my belief that the Giants were smart in drafting Barkley. Barkley is Marshal Faulk mixed with Gayle Sayers. He's that good and I truly think the Giants could win it all with him one of these years.

However I did not agree with how they went about the draft this year. But honestly I think the Giants know they can't waste any of Barkley's prime years so they were forced to draft QB in a weak class. The Giants just need a competent, efficient, and young arm at QB and Barkley can take care of the rest.

And Pat Shurmer is a decent coach who I don't think will try to outsmart himself.

A few dump offs vs prevent and yet another fumble = 75% of nothing Matt Leinart style (4.3 per attempt)

• Eli - 46 drop backs and 1 fumble
  • Jones - 5 drop backs and 1 fumble.
    • 💩 That's a 16 game pace of 120 fumbles lost. 💩
    • The Cowboys were not even really trying to stop him. They just wanted the clock to run.

They should save him for garbage time against Miami's backups. Then we can really pretend he is a legit high first round pick... or he will just fumble again.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:44 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Eagle fans...”Dak is trash and only puts up top 10 ish #’s and is 2nd in the NFL in wins because is Zeke”

also eagle fans "there is no reason to take a RB early”

which is it? 

1 hour ago, skippyx said:

A few dump offs vs prevent and yet another fumble = 75% of nothing Matt Leinart style (4.3 per attempt)

• Eli - 46 drop backs and 1 fumble
  • Jones - 5 drop backs and 1 fumble.
    • 💩 That's a 16 game pace of 120 fumbles lost. 💩
    • The Cowboys were not even really trying to stop him. They just wanted the clock to run.

They should save him for garbage time against Miami's backups. Then we can really pretend he is a legit high first round pick... or he will just fumble again.

My god you're an idiot. 

Dead serious question, do you watch the games or look only at box scores? 

Another serious question. Are you really trying to judge a kid based on one drive in a blowout game with under two minutes left? 

On 9/5/2019 at 1:46 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

And were arguably a dropped pass (that turned into an INT) away from making the NFCC game last year with one of the worst rushing offenses in the NFL.

1 hour ago, PhillyMG said:

And were arguably a dropped pass (that turned into an INT) away from making the NFCC game last year with one of the worst rushing offenses in the NFL.

But you lost to a team with a top rushing offense and they lost to a team with an even better rushing attack and when you guys won the SB, you were 3rd in rushing...you can still win in the NFL running the ball 

To win a superbowl in the NFL you need a lot of things to go right. While teams with elite RBs haven't won it recently, the teams that win still have a good running game. There's many different ways to build your roster.

The Giants absolutely made the right choice in drafting Barkley. While it's only been about a season, he is clearly the best player of that draft. 

With the Cowboys and Elliot where he was drafted.. I think they made the right choice at the time as well with the power of hindsight. Only player better than him at that point is Ramsey, which is debatable, but he would of been another solid choice.

We always talk about taking the BPA available and I think that's what the Giants and Cowboys did.

But on the flipside, RBs don't have a long shelf life. Elliot and Barkley won't be elite for long. Elliot is in a good spot, Dallas is in a win now mode and the team around him to support it. Barkely not so much, it's likely his best years will be wasted if the Giants can't figure it out in time. But at the same time Elliot I feel was the catalyst for the Cowboys in going from average to good/great, and likewise with Barkley if the Giants do turn it around, he'll be the reason. 

The teams that are consistently good in this league are the ones that draft well. I don't think you should pass up on a position because it's a RB when there is an elite talent there. I think there are plenty of other things to harp on about both the Cowboys and Giants, but in this guys opinion them having and paying elite RB talent isn't one of them.