VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

To win a superbowl in the NFL you need a lot of things to go right. While teams with elite RBs haven't won it recently, the teams that win still have a good running game. There's many different ways to build your roster.

The Giants absolutely made the right choice in drafting Barkley. While it's only been about a season, he is clearly the best player of that draft. 

With the Cowboys and Elliot where he was drafted.. I think they made the right choice at the time as well with the power of hindsight. Only player better than him at that point is Ramsey, which is debatable, but he would of been another solid choice.

We always talk about taking the BPA available and I think that's what the Giants and Cowboys did.

But on the flipside, RBs don't have a long shelf life. Elliot and Barkley won't be elite for long. Elliot is in a good spot, Dallas is in a win now mode and the team around him to support it. Barkely not so much, it's likely his best years will be wasted if the Giants can't figure it out in time. But at the same time Elliot I feel was the catalyst for the Cowboys in going from average to good/great, and likewise with Barkley if the Giants do turn it around, he'll be the reason. 

The teams that are consistently good in this league are the ones that draft well. I don't think you should pass up on a position because it's a RB when there is an elite talent there. I think there are plenty of other things to harp on about both the Cowboys and Giants, but in this guys opinion them having and paying elite RB talent isn't one of them.

It will take another 2-3 years to really be able to say the Giants did right or wrong.  But I should be here and my prediction is still that the Giants would have been better drafting Rosen and Josh Allen than Barkley and Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Giants truly believe Jones is their guy going forward, then in a season of probably 3 or 4 wins anyway, they should start him pretty soon. Might as well start getting over the inevitable bumps in the road sooner rather than later. If they're right, they'll have their pick of the litter at any position they want in the draft. If they're wrong, they'll have their pick of the litter at QB. That's a win-win when you're rebuilding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Barkley!  Has to play for this losing team for at least 3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Eagle fans...”Dak is trash and only puts up top 10 ish #’s and is 2nd in the NFL in wins because is Zeke”

also eagle fans "there is no reason to take a RB early”

which is it? 

You've never seen me call Trash, Dak… err... I mean Dak, Trash. I think Carson is better, and I might call the entire Cowboys roster 'trash', in the 'I'm an opposing, rival fan so I hate all Cowboys' sense, but I've said that I think that the Carson-Dak narrative/rivalry will be around for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You've never seen me call Trash, Dak… err... I mean Dak, Trash. I think Carson is better, and I might call the entire Cowboys roster 'trash', in the 'I'm an opposing, rival fan so I hate all Cowboys' sense, but I've said that I think that the Carson-Dak narrative/rivalry will be around for a long time.

Yeah, other than tricking me into voting for Wentz for various weekly awards, you’re a good guy .....you always give Dak his due.

i think carson is better too, I just think Dak is pretty good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

To win a superbowl in the NFL you need a lot of things to go right. While teams with elite RBs haven't won it recently, the teams that win still have a good running game. There's many different ways to build your roster.

The Giants absolutely made the right choice in drafting Barkley. While it's only been about a season, he is clearly the best player of that draft. 

With the Cowboys and Elliot where he was drafted.. I think they made the right choice at the time as well with the power of hindsight. Only player better than him at that point is Ramsey, which is debatable, but he would of been another solid choice.

We always talk about taking the BPA available and I think that's what the Giants and Cowboys did.

But on the flipside, RBs don't have a long shelf life. Elliot and Barkley won't be elite for long. Elliot is in a good spot, Dallas is in a win now mode and the team around him to support it. Barkely not so much, it's likely his best years will be wasted if the Giants can't figure it out in time. But at the same time Elliot I feel was the catalyst for the Cowboys in going from average to good/great, and likewise with Barkley if the Giants do turn it around, he'll be the reason. 

The teams that are consistently good in this league are the ones that draft well. I don't think you should pass up on a position because it's a RB when there is an elite talent there. I think there are plenty of other things to harp on about both the Cowboys and Giants, but in this guys opinion them having and paying elite RB talent isn't one of them.

Great f’n post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

To win a superbowl in the NFL you need a lot of things to go right. While teams with elite RBs haven't won it recently, the teams that win still have a good running game. There's many different ways to build your roster.

The Giants absolutely made the right choice in drafting Barkley. While it's only been about a season, he is clearly the best player of that draft. 

With the Cowboys and Elliot where he was drafted.. I think they made the right choice at the time as well with the power of hindsight. Only player better than him at that point is Ramsey, which is debatable, but he would of been another solid choice.

We always talk about taking the BPA available and I think that's what the Giants and Cowboys did.

But on the flipside, RBs don't have a long shelf life. Elliot and Barkley won't be elite for long. Elliot is in a good spot, Dallas is in a win now mode and the team around him to support it. Barkely not so much, it's likely his best years will be wasted if the Giants can't figure it out in time. But at the same time Elliot I feel was the catalyst for the Cowboys in going from average to good/great, and likewise with Barkley if the Giants do turn it around, he'll be the reason. 

The teams that are consistently good in this league are the ones that draft well. I don't think you should pass up on a position because it's a RB when there is an elite talent there. I think there are plenty of other things to harp on about both the Cowboys and Giants, but in this guys opinion them having and paying elite RB talent isn't one of them.

Barker may very well end up like Stephen Jackson was for the Rams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 7:42 PM, skippyx said:

A few dump offs vs prevent and yet another fumble = 75% of nothing Matt Leinart style (4.3 per attempt)

  • Eli - 46 drop backs and 1 fumble
  • Jones - 5 drop backs and 1 fumble.
    • 💩 That's a 16 game pace of 120 fumbles lost. 💩
    • The Cowboys were not even really trying to stop him. They just wanted the clock to run.

They should save him for garbage time against Miami's backups. Then we can really pretend he is a legit high first round pick... or he will just fumble again.

This might be one of the worst takes Ive ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

This might be one of the worst takes Ive ever seen.

No way. The post has bullet points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

It will take another 2-3 years to really be able to say the Giants did right or wrong.  But I should be here and my prediction is still that the Giants would have been better drafting Rosen and Josh Allen than Barkley and Jones.

Time will tell I guess. I'm not entirely sold on Jones but I do think Barkley is the real deal.

13 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

Barker may very well end up like Stephen Jackson was for the Rams

It's possible (I think Barkley will be better), but what I was driving at was anyone really faulting the Rams for getting Steven Jackson? Using the power of hindsight he definitely looks to be the BPA when the Rams drafted him late in the first that year.

All that being said, I still think the Giants stink and will stink, but I'm not going to fault them for drafting Barkley. We'd probably be laughing at them if he was running wild for another team and they had a shot at him. There's plenty of things to poke fun of at the Giants, I don't think this is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say I would take Barkley over any back I  the league and it's not really close. Zeke is really good, but will always have the possible off the field stuff lurking. But even if you ignore that and just go by the on the field ability, Barkley can do anything Zeke can but also is a much bigger big play threat than Elliott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Giants Fans, ready for Shurmur to be gone or is it too soon?

No way, they have a really good running back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Shurmur's 15-36 has a head coach so far.

That’s great news for us. He’s the reason the eagles beat the giants the second time around for bottling up Barkley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Giants Fans, ready for Shurmur to be gone or is it too soon?

Why should he be gone? Because rookie defensive backs are missing assignments or because the offense can’t move the ball with 3 of their top 4 WRs out of the game and the 4th playing injured? This was never going to be a playoff year. Just lose a few more games, get Jones in there and get the young defense some reps. 

Also the Giants played two really good defensive teams to start the season. I’m not surprised the offense is struggling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Why should he be gone?

That's for Giants fans to answer. I'm just curious to know if there's any 'factions' of fans who are ready to move on yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Why should he be gone? Because rookie defensive backs are missing assignments or because the offense can’t move the ball with 3 of their top 4 WRs out of the game and the 4th playing injured? This was never going to be a playoff year. Just lose a few more games, get Jones in there and get the young defense some reps. 

Also the Giants played two really good defensive teams to start the season. I’m not surprised the offense is struggling. 

 

I don't know how Giants fans can keep calm here.  The Cardinals drafted their Qb and 2 weeks into their rebuild are clearly showing progress across the board.  Giants are in year 2 of the rebuild, have the worst defense in the conference and their future Qb has 4 pass attempts.  The Jets and Bills are CLEARLY ahead of them in their rebuilds. 

 

The Bills.  And the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

 

I don't know how Giants fans can keep calm here.  The Cardinals drafted their Qb and 2 weeks into their rebuild are clearly showing progress across the board.  Giants are in year 2 of the rebuild, have the worst defense in the conference and their future Qb has 4 pass attempts.  The Jets and Bills are CLEARLY ahead of them in their rebuilds. 

 

The Bills.  And the Jets.

We're calm because we're rational. The kid is going to play plenty of games this year and we'll get a good feel for his potential by the end of the season. No need to thrust him into the game with all of his receivers injured or suspended. If he's not playing by mid season then I'll start to worry. 

The Bills are starting to look ok (they beat the Giants and Jets so far, whoohoo!), but what have the Jets done to make you think they are CLEARLY ahead of the Giants? They had a worse record last year and will probably be 0-2 after tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, birdman said:

🤣🤣🤣

 

 

What was the point of wasting two weeks?  Whatever.

 

16 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

We're calm because we're rational. The kid is going to play plenty of games this year and we'll get a good feel for his potential by the end of the season. No need to thrust him into the game with all of his receivers injured or suspended. If he's not playing by mid season then I'll start to worry. 

The Bills are starting to look ok (they beat the Giants and Jets so far, whoohoo!), but what have the Jets done to make you think they are CLEARLY ahead of the Giants? They had a worse record last year and will probably be 0-2 after tonight.

 

The Jets have got their core studs at every level of the D.  The QB getting mono is an awful break, but he's ahead of Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s time. Eli is done. He can retire with two Super Bowl MVP awards and be happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now