VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s time. Eli is done. He can retire with two Super Bowl MVP awards and be happy. 

He's not done yet!  Elway is on the phone as we speak!  🤣

5 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

What was the point of wasting two weeks?  Whatever.

The Jets have got their core studs at every level of the D.  The QB getting mono is an awful break, but he's ahead of Jones.

Because Eli was on the team for 15 years, won two SBs, was the consummate professional and the Giants weren't going to the playoffs either way, so they gave him one last chance. I'm not sure why this even has to be explained. Like I said above, the kid was always going to get his opportunity. We'll be in position to draft a QB in the next draft and need to know if Jones has potential.  

The Giants have very young guys or rookies on D at every level as well. This is a multi-year rebuild. It takes time to fix what Reese destroyed. 

16 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

What was the point of wasting two weeks?  Whatever.

I had him penciled in as the starter by week 5, so Giants are ahead of schedule...

I hope Saquon's body is ready. 

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Because Eli was on the team for 15 years, won two SBs, was the consummate professional and the Giants weren't going to the playoffs either way, so they gave him one last chance. I'm not sure why this even has to be explained. Like I said above, the kid was always going to get his opportunity. We'll be in position to draft a QB in the next draft and need to know if Jones has potential.  

The Giants have very young guys or rookies on D at every level as well. This is a multi-year rebuild. It takes time to fix what Reese destroyed. 

This is the NFL brah.  Rebuilds = 3 years.

With the Jets down to a 3rd stringer now, Darnold out for another what 6-7 weeks, wouldn't be shocked if they looked to Eli and it would make sense. Eli wouldn't have to move his family, will stay in the same stadium. NYG have been without their top 2 WR these first two games. Good luck to the rookie. 

1 hour ago, birdman said:

🤣🤣🤣

So who is that a photo of, Eli or Jones? I still cant tell

Interesting to see if the Giants can work a trade for Eli. Or does Eli wait it out holding the clipboard for Jones this year, becomes UFA, and chooses his next job after the season is over?

1 minute ago, toolg said:

Interesting to see if the Giants can work a trade for Eli. Or does Eli wait it out holding the clipboard for Jones this year, becomes UFA, and chooses his next job after the season is over?

I think he falls in line and plays the mentor, he has to after YEARS of coddling his legacy.  Heck, I think the only reason they benched him was to keep his career record from falling below .500.

And what is with the Giants, is stupid face some high priority scouting tool for them?

jones.jpg

dumber.jpg

47 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

This is the NFL brah.  Rebuilds = 3 years.

The Giants need another high pick and and some strategically selected FAs to fill in gaps. They'll be in position for both next year. If Jones can play, they'll be right in line with all the other rebuilding teams. If not, we'll be using next years first on a QB and that will suck. 

3 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

And what is with the Giants, is stupid face some high priority scouting tool for them?

Have you looked at Wentz? I'm not sure human beings get any uglier. He looks like Ed Sheeran. 

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

He's not done yet!  Elway is on the phone as we speak!  🤣

It’d really be funny if the Jets picked him up. He wouldn’t have to sell his house or anything. 

24 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Giants need another high pick and and some strategically selected FAs to fill in gaps. They'll be in position for both next year. If Jones can play, they'll be right in line with all the other rebuilding teams. If not, we'll be using next years first on a QB and that will suck. 

You really think they’d take a QB again after taking Jones at 6 overall?

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’d really be funny if the Jets picked him up. He wouldn’t have to sell his house or anything. 

No chance he gets traded. 

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You really think they’d take a QB again after taking Jones at 6 overall?

I don't think they will if Jones shows something, anything. But if he's a total bust and Tua is sitting there they would have to consider it, right? 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

No chance he gets traded. 

I don't think they will if Jones shows something, anything. But if he's a total bust and Tua is sitting there they would have to consider it, right? 

I can’t speak on Tua. I don’t follow college. Speaking in general terms though, I would think no reasonable team would quit on a first round QB after their rookie season. Especially when the team is a bigger mess than just the QB. 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I can’t speak on Tua. I don’t follow college. Speaking in general terms though, I would think no reasonable team would quit on a first round QB after their rookie season. Especially when the team is a bigger mess than just the QB. 

The Cards just did it and it looks like a good move. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

The Cards just did it and it looks like a good move. 

I know they did it, but they’re not my standard of ‘’reasonable’’ lol. We’ll see how that plays out, especially since Larry Fitz is much closer to the end than the beginning. That’s a good veteran and leadership that’s going to be gone. 

1 hour ago, DakZekeDez said:

The Giants is a dump. This what coaches do when they are in panick mode, deflect.  

Last time your team did anything was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the early 90's. 

8 minutes ago, GA4M said:

Last time your team did anything was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the early 90's. 

Haven't you heard?  They are the week 2 champions and Dak is september MVP.

35 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I know they did it, but they’re not my standard of ‘’reasonable’’ lol. We’ll see how that plays out, especially since Larry Fitz is much closer to the end than the beginning. That’s a good veteran and leadership that’s going to be gone. 

Truth!

I think we'll need to give Jones a few weeks before we can make any proclamations (although I'm sure it will happen after his first pass). He legit might be without his top 3 receivers this week and Tate is not back until game 5. I personally think the Giants have a good collection of weapons when whole. If he can't put up some points with those guys then we might be in trouble. 

Interesting. Didn't expect this so soon. Thought they'd wait until they were eliminated from post-season possibilities.

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Interesting. Didn't expect this so soon. Thought they'd wait until they were eliminated from post-season possibilities.

They are. :-)