VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

56 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Haven't you heard?  They are the week 2 champions and Dak is september MVP.

Let's see, they beat the Giants then the Skins....yep, they're the champs.:lol:

What a career.  Eli (Along with Coughlin and Reese) took the majority of the blame for the failings of the past 7 years.  I don't think it was fair in the case of Eli or Coughlin...  I can't say the same for Reese but regardless of how you feel about Eli (or Coughlin) you cannot deny their two championships or the impact they had on Giants football.  20 years from now people won't remember what they didn't do, they will remember what they did.  Superbowl 42 will never be forgotten and 46 was also one of the better super bowl games.  If you're a Giants fan now is the time to say goodbye to Eli and get behind Daniel Jones because he's our future and I hope he's good... 

9 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Because Eli was on the team for 15 years, won two SBs, was the consummate professional and the Giants weren't going to the playoffs either way, so they gave him one last chance. I'm not sure why this even has to be explained. Like I said above, the kid was always going to get his opportunity. We'll be in position to draft a QB in the next draft and need to know if Jones has potential.  

The Giants have very young guys or rookies on D at every level as well. This is a multi-year rebuild. It takes time to fix what Reese destroyed. 

If the Giants pick a QB next year I'm going to lose my mind.  Gotta give this kid time to develop.  Gotta draft up other positions to finally strengthen this teams over all roster. 

2 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

If the Giants pick a QB next year I'm going to lose my mind.  Gotta give this kid time to develop.  Gotta draft up other positions to finally strengthen this teams over all roster. 

Agree. I still remember Eli's first year like it was yesterday. Looked like crap. His second year was ok, but he was criticized a lot. I remember that goon Tiki Barber calling him out. 

3 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I'm going to lose my mind.

You're a Giants fan, you don't have one to lose...

8 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Agree. I still remember Eli's first year like it was yesterday. Looked like crap. His second year was ok, but he was criticized a lot. I remember that goon Tiki Barber calling him out. 

I would say Eli didn't start to play really well until the 2007 post season.  He turned the corner at that time.

21 hours ago, GA4M said:

Last time your team did anything was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the early 90's. 

Funny considering in this century the giants have as many  SB appearances as the cowboys have playoff wins, 3 😭😭

23 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Truth!

I think we'll need to give Jones a few weeks before we can make any proclamations (although I'm sure it will happen after his first pass). He legit might be without his top 3 receivers this week and Tate is not back until game 5. I personally think the Giants have a good collection of weapons when whole. If he can't put up some points with those guys then we might be in trouble. 

Win, lose or lose by a lot, I think Giants fans are going to be rubbing their eyes when they see Jones run this offense.  Like somebody who finally switches out their 12 yr old TV and gets a cheap new one on sale and can't believe they didnt buy it before.  Jones will be more dynamic, will hang in the pocket and at the end of the day youll see that he makes the same damn mental mistakes that veteran Eli was already making for several years now.

It's going to be an awakening when you realize just how bad Eli Manning has been and for how long he has been that bad.

5 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I would say Eli didn't start to play really well until the 2007 post season.  He turned the corner at that time.

Throughout the entire career of Eli Manning, Giants fans have been wrong about him.  Eli was a franchise quality QB pretty much since the day he took over for Warner.  He continued to be that, and only that throughout his entire career all the way up until about 2016.  Yes he had streaks where he was bad and streaks where he was borderline elite, but at the end of the day he was always a franchise guy and not a superstar.

Meanwhile I have watched Giants fans say he was awful until 2007 (false) and claim he was elite every time he went on a hot streak (also false).  i have seen them defend his play as something other than awful the last 3 years (double false).

And now I'm going to watch many of you make his HoF case and let me tell you right now, if Eli makes the HoF, burn that useless building to the ground.

41 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Throughout the entire career of Eli Manning, Giants fans have been wrong about him.  Eli was a franchise quality QB pretty much since the day he took over for Warner.  He continued to be that, and only that throughout his entire career all the way up until about 2016.  Yes he had streaks where he was bad and streaks where he was borderline elite, but at the end of the day he was always a franchise guy and not a superstar.

Meanwhile I have watched Giants fans say he was awful until 2007 (false) and claim he was elite every time he went on a hot streak (also false).  i have seen them defend his play as something other than awful the last 3 years (double false).

And now I'm going to watch many of you make his HoF case and let me tell you right now, if Eli makes the HoF, burn that useless building to the ground.

The Hall of Fame is incredible. Disagree all you want with who gets in but don't you dare harm that building

44 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

It was actually his own teammates and the media calling him awful. 

His rookie year obviously wasn't good but people placed way too high expectations due to him being a Manning.

Looking back it was so dumb for some of those players to talk about his leadership out in the open. Eli had to put up with a lot of crap but you don't see him mope like McNabb

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Win, lose or lose by a lot, I think Giants fans are going to be rubbing their eyes when they see Jones run this offense.  Like somebody who finally switches out their 12 yr old TV and gets a cheap new one on sale and can't believe they didnt buy it before.  Jones will be more dynamic, will hang in the pocket and at the end of the day youll see that he makes the same damn mental mistakes that veteran Eli was already making for several years now.

It's going to be an awakening when you realize just how bad Eli Manning has been and for how long he has been that bad.

Of course we'll be rubbing our eyes, we've been watching the same guy behind center for 15 years (which is all you can ask for from a QB). It's human nature. 

The most eye opening part of Jones' game will be his athletic ability. He can actually scramble, avoid sacks and run for first downs. I can't friggin wait!

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

This post is a mess. 

Eli has always been a polarizing figure. Some people love him, some hate him and quite frankly his play warrants mixed opinions. Giants fans have been spot on. It's outsiders, like Eagles fans on this board that flat out say he sucks, that have been dead wrong. We know exactly what we have/had in Eli and it has been appreciated. 

27 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

This post is a mess. 

Eli has always been a polarizing figure. Some people love him, some hate him and quite frankly his play warrants mixed opinions. Giants fans have been spot on. It's outsiders, like Eagles fans on this board that flat out say he sucks, that have been dead wrong. We know exactly what we have/had in Eli and it has been appreciated. 

HA!!  If I had a nickel for every time Ive walked a Giants fan back from the extremes on Eli in this very forum...Of course you'll deny it now, just like you are getting ready to deny you ever thought starting Eli in 2019 was a good idea.

8 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

HA!!  If I had a nickel for every time Ive walked a Giants fan back from the extremes on Eli in this very forum...Of course you'll deny it now, just like you are getting ready to deny you ever thought starting Eli in 2019 was a good idea.

Read what I wrote, I know there have been extremes. My point is that his style of play brings on those reactions. He's extremely inconsistent. 

I personally have never been the biggest Eli fan. I like QBs that can move around a little, but I appreciate everything he's done for us on the field and the way he's carried himself off it. 

I have no opinion on whether or not starting Eli in 2019 was a good idea. All I was hoping for was for Jones to play enough games to properly assess his upside. I think 10 starts would have been enough, but 14 will be even better. 

Eli just needs to do another SNL skit. have him in a wheelchair with long grey hair all wrinkled asking for Omaha over and over. he's had his time, go spend all that cash now.

19 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Superbowl 42 will never be forgotten and 46 was also one of the better super bowl games.  

Totally agree.

I usually sleep through the SB unless the Birds are in it. That one had me on the edge of my seat until the end. Great game.

15 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'd be ok with him getting in. I think he's done enough. In an era when qbs drop like flys, hes been out there, over and over. Despite some horrific Olines. Set the record for consecutive starts didnt he?

2 SB wins, at least 1 SB mvp (2?). You can argue if he earned the mvp, but the fact is he has it.

His overall numbers are good enough. Maybe not the greatest. But there are QBs in there with shaky numbers.

And he's got the Manning name. 

Now, maybe he's not 1st ballot, i dunno. But I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in. In fact, it'd be a bigger surprise if he didn't IMO. 

Of course, I won't lose any sleep over it if he doesn't either.

19 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Read what I wrote, I know there have been extremes. My point is that his style of play brings on those reactions. He's extremely inconsistent. 

I personally have never been the biggest Eli fan. I like QBs that can move around a little, but I appreciate everything he's done for us on the field and the way he's carried himself off it. 

I have no opinion on whether or not starting Eli in 2019 was a good idea. All I was hoping for was for Jones to play enough games to properly assess his upside. I think 10 starts would have been enough, but 14 will be even better. 

He has had an odd career. I always think of him as the most inconsistent good player I have ever seen. I think he will make the Hall, but the way I look at HOFers I do t think he should. And no, this has nothing to do with me being an Eagles fan.

I dont judge HOF "worthiness" by stats or rings. I alway look at if a guy was ever in the top 2 or 3 at his position for a decent stretch of time. To me, that means you were great and great player are who should be in the Hall. 

I think that Eli WILL get into the Hall of Fame.

I don't think that Eli SHOULD get into the Hall of Fame.

The two Super Bowl wins, especially the one over the undefeated Pats, will get him in. He was durable and has played for long enough to accumulate big numbers on passing yards, TDs, etc.

But he was never a top 5 QB in his era, has a career .500 record, never led the NFL in any notable QB categories ... except for interceptions, which he did three times.

He's look great at times, awful at others and has mostly been average to above average.  I don't think he's ever looked great for a sustained period of time, certainly not over any entire season.

I know that my opinion will come across as biased because I am an Eagles fans but I really don't hate Eli. He had a very good career. Very good is not great.

He should absolutely be in the NYG Hall of Fame. But not the Pro Football one. He is not an all-time great at his position.

No way is he a hall of famer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in because he's a Manning and has two SB wins.

1 hour ago, ckudrick said:

I think that Eli WILL get into the Hall of Fame.

I don't think that Eli SHOULD get into the Hall of Fame.

The two Super Bowl wins, especially the one over the undefeated Pats, will get him in. He was durable and has played for long enough to accumulate big numbers on passing yards, TDs, etc.

But he was never a top 5 QB in his era, has a career .500 record, never led the NFL in any notable QB categories ... except for interceptions, which he did three times.

He's look great at times, awful at others and has mostly been average to above average.  I don't think he's ever looked great for a sustained period of time, certainly not over any entire season.

I know that my opinion will come across as biased because I am an Eagles fans but I really don't hate Eli. He had a very good career. Very good is not great.

He should absolutely be in the NYG Hall of Fame. But not the Pro Football one. He is not an all-time great at his position.

The only difference between Eli and Joe Flacco is that Baltimore knew when to get rid of Flacco.