VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The only difference between Eli and Joe Flacco is that Baltimore knew when to get rid of Flacco.

Just a few games sooner with their next QB already on the roster. :wacko:

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Just a few games sooner with their next QB already on the roster. :wacko:

Flacco was let go when he was 33 yrs old, with Lamar Jackson right there.  Eli is finally hitting the bench at 38 but has sucked yak arse since he was 35.

Anybody who says Eli doesn't belong in the NFL, here is my challenge.  Tell the story of the last 15 years of the NFL without mentioning Eli Manning.  I'll wait. 

2 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Anybody who says Eli doesn't belong in the NFL, here is my challenge.  Tell the story of the last 15 years of the NFL without mentioning Eli Manning.  I'll wait. 

Tell the same story without mentioning Micheal Vick. You cant if you are honest. Doesnt mean he belongs in the HOF.

Eli should have retired at the end of last season. It’s good they are letting the rookie play now so you can get his rookie season out of the way and not wait until another whole year to do that.

4 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Once upon a time, there was a football league. During one 15 year stretch, 15 Super Bowls were won. 14 of those teams were just...meh. One exception was the super awesome 2017 Philadelphia Eagles who were the greatest Super Bowl winner ever. No one else mattered.

The end.

:-) 

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Once upon a time, there was a football league. During one 15 year stretch, 15 Super Bowls were won. 14 of those teams were just...meh. One exception was the super awesome 2017 Philadelphia Eagles who were the greatest Super Bowl winner ever. No one else mattered.

The end.

:-) 

:worthy:

On 9/17/2019 at 12:01 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

It’d really be funny if the Jets picked him up. He wouldn’t have to sell his house or anything. 

That would be houses.

His main residence is in Jersey across the river from Noo Yawk . . . Hoboken, I think.

But he also has his 'Party Pad' on the south shore of Long Island in the Hamptons.

He has his own private beach and everything . . . nice. 

21 hours ago, ckudrick said:

He should absolutely be in the NYG Hall of Fame. But not the Pro Football one. He is not an all-time great at his position.

Neither was Joe Namath . . . discuss.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:03 AM, McNabbIsGone said:

A follow up question,

Other then QB Rating what stat does Eli not have for the HOF?  Seriously?  He checks every box except that one.  I think he's at 84 something.  Farve was in the 80's.  So is Farve not a hall of famer?  Was he just a compiler?  Give me a break.  Eli is going to get in and he should get in. 

5 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

A follow up question,

Other then QB Rating what stat does Eli not have for the HOF?  Seriously?  He checks every box except that one.  I think he's at 84 something.  Farve was in the 80's.  So is Farve not a hall of famer?  Was he just a compiler?  Give me a break.  Eli is going to get in and he should get in. 

I don't think he should get in actually. I don't think he's actually ever truly compiled year after year of elite level play. He's been a good QB but I wouldn't consider him elite. 

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think he should get in actually. I don't think he's actually ever truly compiled year after year of elite level play. He's been a good QB but I wouldn't consider him elite. 

Being in the hall of fame isn't about being elite anymore. It's become a thing that is for the money and revenue of the hall of fame enshrinement. So even though I agree, because he's never really posted good stats consistently at all, in almost any category, and in a league where QBs are getting more and more accurate, he's continued to not be, except in the playoffs, he'll get in simply because he's worth more to the NFL financially, in the hall of fame. 

That's all there is to it.

I don’t know how HOF voters think. Personally I don’t like attributing things like Super Bowls and even regular season win/loss records to QBs. That said, HOF voters likely do, and outside of two seasons where the Giants did win the Super Bowl with Eli, I don’t believe they’ve ever won a playoff game outside of 07 and 11. Over a 15 year career, they’ve either gone one and done, or missed the post season all together, often times, being one of the worst teams in football. Even with two Super Bowl wins, I believe there should be some other post season success on your resume. 

I will give Eli this, in a league with a high injury rate, and often times having a sheety O-Line, dude never missed a game due to injury. That’s impressive in today’s league. 

4 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Other then QB Rating what stat does Eli not have for the HOF?  Seriously?  He checks every box except that one. 

His won/loss record is right at .500 through 2 games this year . . . and, like Favre, his ints. go nuts every now and again. Although his overall TD / INT ratio is 362 / 241.

I think he's at 84 something.  Farve was in the 80's.  So is Farve not a hall of famer? 

You have to remember: the HOF is a popularity contest as much as anything else.

Eli is going to get in and he should get in.

He likely will . . . his last name is Manning. 

6 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

You have to remember: the HOF is a popularity contest as much as anything else.

Technically, fame and popularity are one in the same.   If Manning had not won the SB twice, there would be a 0% chance his name would even be in the conversation for HOF.

3 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Last time I checked there were 22 starters on a football team.  QB's don't win and lose on their own despite the main stream media trying to create that illusion.

24 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

Last time I checked there were 22 starters on a football team. 

WOW !!!  No kidding?!?

What gave it away ???

6 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Last time I checked there were 22 starters on a football team.  QB's don't win and lose on their own despite the main stream media trying to create that illusion.

Which is why I hate attributing won/loss records to QBs.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, boogyman said:

Tell the same story without mentioning Micheal Vick. You cant if you are honest. Doesnt mean he belongs in the HOF.

What did Vick ever do?

Btw excited about Daniel Jones!  Great game 1!

Well that went about as good as any Giants fan could hope, against a pretty good defense. Sucks that Barkley sprained his ankle, but ya know what, it’s cool. Save the kid some wear and tear and let Jones run the show. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Well that went about as good as any Giants fan could hope, against a pretty good defense.

He looked pretty good 2nd half. Threw a few nice deep balls and showed command on the field.

Scored the winning TD on a 10 yd. run. You definitely have hope for the future.

The real test comes after the DCs have film on him and learn to defense him properly.

Sucks that Barkley sprained his ankle, but ya know what, it’s cool. Save the kid some wear and tear and let Jones run the show.

Agree. I've been waiting for him to get hurt the way they use him. He'll heal . . . he's young.

Fun to watch, too. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Well that went about as good as any Giants fan could hope, against a pretty good defense. Sucks that Barkley sprained his ankle, but ya know what, it’s cool. Save the kid some wear and tear and let Jones run the show. 

I was happy to see the Jones kid play today, and get that win, even if he got a break in the process. Beats having to 'suffer' through another Eli-depressing-face show. Good for you guys to finally pull the trigger.

Eli in the HOF? No, it took a string of defensive miracles for the Giants to even be in the SB 07 & 11.  Favre voted into the HOF? I would have put his bust in a corner and put a sign over it - 'The most selfish player in the history of the NFL'.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:03 AM, McNabbIsGone said:

If Namath wasn't great, he was famous: the Super Bowl guarantee, the fur coats, commercials, etc. Eli couldn't step out from behind his brother's coattails, despite winning 2 Super Bowls and playing in New York. After all it is the Hall of "Fame", not the Hall of "Greatness".

26 minutes ago, toolg said:

If Namath wasn't great, he was famous: the Super Bowl guarantee, the fur coats, commercials, etc. Eli couldn't step out from behind his brother's coattails, despite winning 2 Super Bowls and playing in New York. After all it is the Hall of "Fame", not the Hall of "Greatness".

The point is: getting into the  NFL  HOF  is determined by an ambiguous, non-logical process.

And you left out two of Eli's Super Bowl accomplishments:  Two Time Super Bowl MVP. 

You don't like Eli, we 'get' it.

But, since you're not part of the process that puts people in the NFL HOF, you're a moot point.