VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

2 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

But, since you're not part of the process that puts people in the NFL HOF, you're a moot point.   

Are you a HOF voter? If not, then your point is moot too. You said "discuss" and so I did.

42 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

The point is: getting into the  NFL  HOF  is determined by an ambiguous, non-logical process.

And you left out two of Eli's Super Bowl accomplishments:  Two Time Super Bowl MVP. 

You don't like Eli, we 'get' it.

But, since you're not part of the process that puts people in the NFL HOF, you're a moot point.   

That's like saying if you take 40,000 yards from Farve he isn't in.  You don't get to do that.  He won those MVP's.  It's done.  

27 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

That's like saying if you take 40,000 yards from Farve he isn't in.  You don't get to do that.  He won those MVP's.  It's done.  

I feel like I'm in "The Twilight Zone" here . . . I'm agreeing with you.

I was merely pointing out to 'Eli Hater' Tool that he left off Manning's two Super Bowl MVPs. 

On 9/19/2019 at 4:23 PM, Happyfoosball said:

Anybody who says Eli doesn't belong in the NFL, here is my challenge.  Tell the story of the last 15 years of the NFL without mentioning Eli Manning.  I'll wait. 

The Pro Bowl, is a pretty low f'ing bar.  4 Pro Bowls in 16 years and zero first team all pros.  The dude is football's Jack Morris.

Some more food for thought on this topic:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939283/article/2004-nfl-draft-qbs-who-has-enjoyed-most-skillposition-talent

Eli was part of the QB Class of 2004 along with Roethlisberger & Rivers. 

It's a forgone conclusion that Big Ben is headed to the  NFL  HOF.  Of these three QBs Big Ben had the most offensive talent around him as well as some very good defenses to keep them in games. Eli won two Super Bowls with lesser talent, lesser defenses and was also Super Bowl MVP twice. Rivers had one legit shot at a Super Bowl appearance but was stymied by a key fumble at the worst possible time.

You Make The Call. 

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The Pro Bowl, is a pretty low f'ing bar.  4 Pro Bowls in 16 years and zero first team all pros.  The dude is football's Jack Morris.

Who cares about Eli and the HOF. 

Are the Giants still behind the Jets in their development? Still want Rosen over Jones?

It's one game and the kid could still bomb, but it looks like he has the makings of a solid QB. He's certainly showed more in 2 pre season games and 1 NFL start than Rosen has in a year plus. 

sux about Barkley. the kid is a special player

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Who cares about Eli and the HOF. 

Are the Giants still behind the Jets in their development? Still want Rosen over Jones?

It's one game and the kid could still bomb, but it looks like he has the makings of a solid QB. He's certainly showed more in 2 pre season games and 1 NFL start than Rosen has in a year plus. 

Oh hell yes I still think Rosen is the better prospect.  Completely outmanned he gave the Cowboys some fits, that arm talent is electric.  As for Jones, again, you are rubbing your eyes because you were lied to about how bad the O-Line was.  It isn't, its actually pretty good and the problem was Eli all along.

As for the Jets, tough break obviously with Darnold getting mono, but their defense is way ahead of the Giants so again, yes, sticking to my guns.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Oh hell yes I still think Rosen is the better prospect.  Completely outmanned he gave the Cowboys some fits, that arm talent is electric.  As for Jones, again, you are rubbing your eyes because you were lied to about how bad the O-Line was.  It isn't, its actually pretty good and the problem was Eli all along.

As for the Jets, tough break obviously with Darnold getting mono, but their defense is way ahead of the Giants so again, yes, sticking to my guns.

Ha, ok cool. You stick to those guns.

BTW, the Giants OL is better because it’s been completely rebuilt in the past two seasons. Three new starters from just last year. But yes, Eli is shot and Jones has some wheels. 

8 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Actually Jones was pressured on over 40% of his drop backs and was sacked 5 times.  Jones just has a different skill set because of his mobility he is able to function when the OL isn't playing well.  That's the main reason Shurmur made the change.  Eli is not mobile and needs an OL to function.  It's not like the Giants didn't know this for the past 6 years.   Tom Brady is the same way, the difference is his coach and GM has made sure he's always had one or he'd be on his way out of the NFL too.  Eli is extremely clutch in the playoffs and plays well in games where other QB's fold.  That book hasn't been written on Daniel Jones yet.  We HOPE he responds as well to playoff pressure but he could always end up being a bum like McNabb that pukes on the field and throws a bunch of interceptions in the big game.  Time will tell. 

9 hours ago, NCTANK said:

sux about Barkley. the kid is a special player

It's fine we'll get a higher draft pick.  Giants have their QB and RB, and a ton of cap space.  A top 10 pick will just make things that much better next year. 

3 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

It's fine we'll get a higher draft pick.  Giants have their QB and RB, and a ton of cap space.  A top 10 pick will just make things that much better next year. 

It's very strange, but I'm not upset about SB at all (as long as there's no long term damage). This is not a playoff team, so get the young QB some reps and save the superstar RB some wear and tear. 

Just go ahead and shut Barkley down. No need to push your F1 car if you're in the back of the pack. 

Next year Giants will draft another electric WR and it'll piss me off because Eagles can't get lucky

12 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

That book hasn't been written on Daniel Jones yet.  We HOPE he responds as well to playoff pressure but he could always end up being a bum like McNabb that pukes on the field and throws a bunch of interceptions in the big game.  Time will tell. 

Don't forget all his  'WORM-BURNERS'  . . . and he openly lied about puking in the Super Bowl.

And now he campaigns for himself to get in the HOF.       :facepalm:     :blink:     :nonono:

With his public drunkenness & sex harrassment he's become a complete embarrassment.

I was just looking through some of the NFL's "100 Greatest" lists and in their photo section I saw this photo, I'm sure the photographer had a camera that would take multiple shots per second and they were specifically focused on Bill just for this shot, but it's a good photo.

Dunk.thumb.JPG.5e70d7261886001958bc032382fd15f6.JPG

All of the 100 photos are at: https://www.nfl.com/100/greatestphotos

My biggest concern about Jones going into the draft was what I believed to be suspect arm strength. I’ve seen no sign of that being an issue, at all

Before the comments about "arm strength is overrated” start, I’ve seen more McNowns, Kafkas, Leinarts, and Matt Barkleys than I can count. Drew Brees is a major outlier.

Playing against an offense like the Skins is exactly what the Giants defense needed. Let's see if they will keep up that performance.

As for Jones, it was a decent game but it's good that he's learning to shoulder some of the load. Pat Shurmer will be good for the kid.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Playing against an offense like the Skins is exactly what the Giants defense needed. Let's see if they will keep up that performance.

As for Jones, it was a decent game but it's good that he's learning to shoulder some of the load. Pat Shurmer will be good for the kid.

So I'm watching the game hearing how much the defense has improved the last two games. the Skins are terrible, people....knock it off. now I want to see how Jones responds to a pissed off team needing a win badly. that and if the defense can play against a better team. but I'm happy in what Jones has shown, he does seem to lift the team...…...something Manning hasn't done in a very long time.

I think the Vikes are going to curb stomp New York.  That defense is back to its top 5 status and the Giants D is exactly what the doctor ordered for their out of sync offense.  This is going to be Jones' welcome to the NFL party.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I think the Vikes are going to curb stomp New York.  That defense is back to its top 5 status and the Giants D is exactly what the doctor ordered for their out of sync offense.  This is going to be Jones' welcome to the NFL party.

I guess the Eagles D is exactly what those "up and coming" Jets need to get on track too. They've given up more points than the Giants, give up about the same amount of yards per game and have pressured the QB less often  (Philly is last in the league in sacks). 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I guess the Eagles D is exactly what those "up and coming" Jets need to get on track too. They've given up more points than the Giants, give up about the same amount of yards per game and have pressured the QB less often  (Philly is last in the league in sacks). 

Oh I agree!  I think the eagles will somehow, someway manage to find themselves in a shootout against Luke friggin' Falk.  I got us winning 41-24. 

I haven't watched a lot of Jones as the Giants starter, how are you Giants fans feeling about him so far?

On 10/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, BKLYNYG said:

This is all true. You guys may finally get a win against us this season.