VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

19 minutes ago, boogyman said:

This is all true. You guys may finally get a win against us this season.

That would suck if it's the first game we play. For the first time ever, the Birds can take the all time series lead with a win over the Giants.

5 hours ago, boogyman said:

This is all true. You guys may finally get a win against us this season.

I agree. It will be one of the 5 wins I expect us to get this year. I have you guys for 7, maybe 8 if things break right. 

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I agree. It will be one of the 5 wins I expect us to get this year. I have you guys for 7, maybe 8 if things break right. 

We both can only hope.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I guess the Eagles D is exactly what those "up and coming" Jets need to get on track too. They've given up more points than the Giants, give up about the same amount of yards per game and have pressured the QB less often  (Philly is last in the league in sacks). 

Good call bro

24 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Good call bro

Ha! You must have been sitting on that comment waiting to hit submit all weekend. Literally posted at 4:01. Guess you didn’t get the sarcasm memo, bro. Dawk4Prez thinks the Jets are on the rise. I don’t. 

9 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ha! You must have been sitting on that comment waiting to hit submit all weekend. Literally posted at 4:01. Guess you didn’t get the sarcasm memo, bro. Dawk thinks the Jets are on the rise. I don’t. 

Yup. Sarcasm. Got it.

Dawk is high. Jets are awful. Either way 10 sacks are 10 sacks. NY couldnt get 10 sacks vs Rutgers.

1 minute ago, boogyman said:

Yup. Sarcasm. Got it.

Dark is high. Jets are awful. Either way 10 sacks are 10 sacks. NY couldnt get 10 sacks vs Rutgers.

Did the Birds get 10 sacks? Nice. That tells me they had absolutely zero fear of Faulk beating them downfield and just went after him. 

Did Wentz play the full game? He’s my fantasy QB and has been absolute dog crap this season. Is he still good or permanently hobbled? I need my QB to put up more points. 

50 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Did the Birds get 10 sacks? Nice. That tells me they had absolutely zero fear of Faulk beating them downfield and just went after him. 

Did Wentz play the full game? He’s my fantasy QB and has been absolute dog crap this season. Is he still good or permanently hobbled? I need my QB to put up more points. 

Wentz has been absolutely great if you watch games and not stats. That's why I stopped playing fantasy football a few years ago. I'd rather talk real football with the guys than FF points.

50 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Wentz has been absolutely great if you watch games and not stats. That's why I stopped playing fantasy football a few years ago. I'd rather talk real football with the guys than FF points.

I stopped playing fantasy football back around 1999 or 2000. I'm an Eagles fan, I hate all 31 other teams and all of their players. So I could never bring myself to draft any non-Eagles... and drafting players from only a single team, just isn't a smart way to play fantasy. So I'd rather not do it than to have to root for players of other teams, so that my fantasy team will do well.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I stopped playing fantasy football back around 1999 or 2000. I'm an Eagles fan, I hate all 31 other teams and all of their players. So I could never bring myself to draft any non-Eagles... and drafting players from only a single team, just isn't a smart way to play fantasy. So I'd rather not do it than to have to root for players of other teams, so that my fantasy team will do well.

I didnt care much about that. I stopped because I found it was hard to talk real football without talking FF points and such. A lot of players have big impacts without scoring fantasy points. Look at our running stats with Goedert blocking. 

17 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I’m in one work league. Play it casually. It’s good water cooler talk. The two guys that do the best every year don’t even watch games. They look at cheat sheets right before the draft. I watch the most football of anyone and consistently come in last. Go figure, ha. 

Doesn’t help that my starting QB (Wentz) is a scrub. 😎

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m in one work league. Play it casually. It’s good water cooler talk. The two guys that do the best every year don’t even watch games. They look at cheat sheets right before the draft. I watch the most football of anyone and consistently come in last. Go figure, ha. 

Doesn’t help that my starting QB (Wentz) is a scrub. 😎

I know you are being sarcastic. But the idea that Wentz is a scrub in FF is exactly why I dont play anymore. 

I want to talk real football on mondays at work. Not FF points.

Wentz is playing great football this season. He has had 1 bad half this season and the rest has been exactly what the Eagles have needed to win games.

Golden Tate already unhappy about his role with Giants after quiet return from PED suspension

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/10/golden-tate-already-unhappy-about-his-role-with-giants-after-quiet-return-from-ped-suspension.html

Golden Tate scowled and offered a stark assessment, when asked if his light workload in his Giants debut Sunday, his first game back from a PED suspension, is what he should expect the rest of the season.

"You know, I hope not,” Tate said. "I hope not.”

The Giants opened the game in a three wide receiver stack, hit Tate with a bubble screen pass that went for five yards, and then essentially went away from him for much of the rest of the game.

Tate was targeted six times, the fourth-highest total among Giants receivers, and caught three passes for 13 yards.

Afterwards, the former Eagles, Detroit Lions and Seattle Seahawks wide receiver wasn’t shy about his desire to be a more active participant in the Giants’ offense.

"I want to be out there as much as possible," Tate said. "We’ll see. It’s the first week back for me. I hope my role increases. But, we’ll see.”

The Giants signed Tate this offseason in hopes that he would give the offense a boost with Yards After the Catch, and improve a culture that in the front office’s eyes had deteriorated around Odell Beckham Jr.

It took all of one game for Tate to question how the coaches used him. After he put the coaching staff, his teammates, and the franchise at large behind the eight ball as he served his four game suspension.

With only four days between Sunday’s 28-10 loss and a trip to Foxborugh to take on the undefeated New England Patriots, Tate says that he’s going to do some soul-searching during the truncated week.

Buy Giants gear: Fanatics, NFL Shop, Lids, Champs Sports, D's Sporting Goods

"I wish I had a few more opportunities to help us win,” Tate said. "I’ll get with [Daniel Jones], my coach, and see what I can do better, to help us win and move the chains a little bit more.

"All around, we have to be a better offense. I don’t think you can point the finger at any one person, we just have to be better. We’ve shown that we can put up points on anybody. We’ve shown that we can move the ball, against a top-10 defense, so we just got to be more complete.”

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ha! You must have been sitting on that comment waiting to hit submit all weekend. Literally posted at 4:01. Guess you didn’t get the sarcasm memo, bro. Dawk4Prez thinks the Jets are on the rise. I don’t. 

:lol: :lol: 

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

You play them in November, we will settle this on the field mate.  Danny Nickels got rocked today, I'm sure you were harboring "quite confidence" for a playoff run...

39 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

You play them in November, we will settle this on the field mate.  Danny Nickels got rocked today, I'm sure you were harboring "quite confidence" for a playoff run...

The Giants were missing 4 LBers and got gashed in the middle of the field on defense. Minnesota won the battle in the trenches against our offense line and we were missing 3 RBs. Even at full strength they are clearly the better team. Despite that, Jones stood in there and made great throws. I’m more confident in him today than I was last week. 

Playoffs?? Look back in this thread, I have the Giants down for 5 wins, but it doesn’t matter. We have a franchise QB. 

On 9/22/2019 at 7:33 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

WOW !!!  No kidding?!?

What gave it away ???

What about special teams?

17 hours ago, pencil face said:

I had the Giants for 6 wins, Thursday gonna be and epic beat down, will the Pats punt?

I hope it is an epic beatdown. I hate the Patriots.

10 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Can Daniel Jones play? Yup

Call that a successful season imo

That’s all we’re trying to get out of this season. Maybe some development from the young defense. But playoffs, PLAYOFFS! No shot. 

Going up against the best defense in the league, on the road, without Barkley, Shepard, Gallman and maybe Engram. This should be a fun. :-)

Why couldn't this be one of those 9AM London games?