VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Going up against the best defense in the league, on the road, without Barkley, Shepard, Gallman and maybe Engram. This should be a fun. :-)

Why couldn't this be one of those 9AM London games? 

Engram and Shepard are hurt AGAIN?

34 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Engram and Shepard are hurt AGAIN?

Engram is a little banged up. Normally he would be fine, but this is a short week. Shep has another concussion. He'll be out for a while. 

If you're placing bets, take the Pats. 

On 10/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I’m in one work league. Play it casually. It’s good water cooler talk. The two guys that do the best every year don’t even watch games. They look at cheat sheets right before the draft. I watch the most football of anyone and consistently come in last. Go figure, ha. 

Doesn’t help that my starting QB (Wentz) is a scrub. 😎

10 TDs (league lead is 12) and a rushing TD with only 2 picks.

He's 8th in fantasy points even with the 2 huge TD drops.

If he is a scrub in your league than you must be playing in a 6 team league. 

Its not trolling if its just plain stupid.:smoke:

You know who has 12.3 and 6.5 fantasy points the last 2 weeks?

The 💩 that the Giants are throwing out there at QB.

11 hours ago, skippyx said:

10 TDs (league lead is 12) and a rushing TD with only 2 picks.

He's 8th in fantasy points even with the 2 huge TD drops.

If he is a scrub in your league than you must be playing in a 6 team league. 

Its not trolling if its just plain stupid.:smoke:

Remember that guy I talked about that doesn't watch games and just uses fantasy cheat sheets....that's you. You're that guy. 

The Patriots almost never lose at Foxborough. 

Fuh-get about it.

#Blowout

On 10/9/2019 at 7:58 AM, BKLYNYG said:

Remember that guy I talked about that doesn't watch games and just uses fantasy cheat sheets....that's you. You're that guy. 

I watched every play of the Tampa NY game and I saw a routine throw to  TE who made a great play and a couple TD runs against a D that was ignoring the QB (or a contain guy spinning and looking at the goal post)

Jones has done nothing in the NFL so far.

He is a complete phony drafted at #6 until proven otherwise.

Career ANY/A 

• Christian Ponder 4.60
  • Daniel Jones 4.61

Your GM is a fool. Your QB is bad. Your team is bad. 

Your hot takes suck worse than all of them.

I am THRILLED that your team picked Daniel Jones just like I was on draft day. 😄

I watched every play on Thursday night and I saw a clown at QB.

The TD pass was a nice throw but very lucky with the bobble catch.

He had 3 picks because they dropped pick number 4. He was lucky to have a 35 rating. It should have been worse.

People that make fun of my favoritist player and quote their actual statistics don't watch the games when my hero is really great on Earth 741! 

waaaaa!  Poor Baby!

7 teams have to play both Minnesota and New England this year. We will see if anyone else fills their diapers like Danny Ducks.

You want to talk tough competition?

Buffalo gives up the 3rd lowest passer rating on D and Dallas the 8th.

New England is a clear #1 but Minnesota is 14th, Tampa is 15th, and DC is 29th.

They clearly benched Eli way too soon because he is the better QB right now.

1 hour ago, skippyx said:

I watched every play of the Tampa NY game and I saw a routine throw to  TE who made a great play and a couple TD runs against a D that was ignoring the QB (or a contain guy spinning and looking at the goal post)

Jones has done nothing in the NFL so far.

He is a complete phony drafted at #6 until proven otherwise.

Career ANY/A 

• Christian Ponder 4.60
  • Daniel Jones 4.61

Your GM is a fool. Your QB is bad. Your team is bad. 

Your hot takes suck worse than all of them.

I am THRILLED that your team picked Daniel Jones just like I was on draft day. 😄

I watched every play on Thursday night and I saw a clown at QB.

The TD pass was a nice throw but very lucky with the bobble catch.

He had 3 picks because they dropped pick number 4. He was lucky to have a 35 rating. It should have been worse.

People that make fun of my favoritist player and quote their actual statistics don't watch the games when my hero is really great on Earth 741! 

waaaaa!  Poor Baby!

7 teams have to play both Minnesota and New England this year. We will see if anyone else fills their diapers like Danny Ducks.

I can't tell if the person that wrote this is an intoxicated adult or a clueless child. Either way it reads the same. Good job posting the same comment in three different threads. I'm sure you'll drum up a ton of support from your fellow Eagles fans (as you usually do). 

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, your use of statistics is down right criminal. Posting "career" numbers for a rookie that's had three starts? Oye...

Pretty much anyone that's watched the games can see the Giants have a player in Jones. I'm not sure any QB in the league would play well with zero running game and one legit passing threat against the Pat's D. It was clear the kid was trying to do a little too much. But hey, why let facts interfere with cherry picked stats. 

Great job as always. :thumbsup:

Anyone want to guess Dave Brown's ANY/A in 1994 as a first time starter for the Giants?

You know. Tall guy and a 1st round pick from Duke (supplemental).    4.61 baby!

Dude is statistically most like Dave Brown and Christian Ponder.  You must be so proud.

But he looks good (to you) and has an arm (as do all QBs) and you think its strength is special because you are smarter than an NFL scout. (typical NY arrogance)

Plus he is a favorite for rookie of the year because he plays in New York and he got 2 rushing TDs against horrific defense (1 back 7 ignore the QB play call and 1 absolute contain fail)

• No one with eyes who is not a liar thinks these were difficult plays to score on.
  • No one with eyes who is not a liar thinks the TD to Engram was anything special by the QB.

Sure, hes  made a few nice throws to go along with his 9 turnovers in 165 plays.

I am sure he can continue his growth and become a career .500 QB with a playoff win or 2 if he gets the right matchup in the wildcard round.

He was not worth the 6th pick and you now know it. Your anger is real.

Feel free to lash out with as much toddler-tantrum insults as you want. It's just more lies from a liar.

My pointing out reality and stats > your name calling.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:22 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I can't tell if the person that wrote this is an intoxicated adult or a clueless child. Either way it reads the same. Good job posting the same comment in three different threads. I'm sure you'll drum up a ton of support from your fellow Eagles fans (as you usually do). 

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, your use of statistics is down right criminal. Posting "career" numbers for a rookie that's had three starts? Oye...

Pretty much anyone that's watched the games can see the Giants have a player in Jones. I'm not sure any QB in the league would play well with zero running game and one legit passing threat against the Pat's D. It was clear the kid was trying to do a little too much. But hey, why let facts interfere with cherry picked stats. 

Great job as always. :thumbsup:

Always remember that this is the same guy who went on and on about how it was absolute blasphemy that Dallas took Zeke at 4th overall for no other reason than that hes a RB.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:52 PM, skippyx said:

Anyone want to guess Dave Brown's ANY/A in 1994 as a first time starter for the Giants?

You know. Tall guy and a 1st round pick from Duke (supplemental).    4.61 baby!

Dude is statistically most like Dave Brown and Christian Ponder.  You must be so proud.

But he looks good (to you) and has an arm (as do all QBs) and you think its strength is special because you are smarter than an NFL scout. (typical NY arrogance)

Plus he is a favorite for rookie of the year because he plays in New York and he got 2 rushing TDs against horrific defense (1 back 7 ignore the QB play call and 1 absolute contain fail)

• No one with eyes who is not a liar thinks these were difficult plays to score on.
  • No one with eyes who is not a liar thinks the TD to Engram was anything special by the QB.

Sure, hes  made a few nice throws to go along with his 9 turnovers in 165 plays.

I am sure he can continue his growth and become a career .500 QB with a playoff win or 2 if he gets the right matchup in the wildcard round.

He was not worth the 6th pick and you now know it. Your anger is real.

Feel free to lash out with as much toddler-tantrum insults as you want. It's just more lies from a liar.

My pointing out reality and stats > your name calling.

Its literally been 4 starts. 4. 4 starts and 3.5 of his games, hes been without his best offensive player. Eli had one of the worst 3 first starts in NFL history. Nobody cares.

Its not secret that there was a major disconnect between actual NFL scouts and the draftnik experts you see on TV. The same people clamored that teams might have had to trade up for Haskins.

Theres been zero anger towards him or the pick since preseason.

Calm down.

43 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Its literally been 4 starts. 4. 4 starts and 3.5 of his games, hes been without his best offensive player. Eli had one of the worst 3 first starts in NFL history. Nobody cares.

Its not secret that there was a major disconnect between actual NFL scouts and the draftnik experts you see on TV. The same people clamored that teams might have had to trade up for Haskins.

Theres been zero anger towards him or the pick since preseason.

Calm down.

Yeah, its too early to tell on Jones. One the one hand, his confidence is there. But maybe too much. He made a lot throws were Favre-like in a gunslinger kinda way. But, he's not Favre. 

I'm sure missing top 2 WRs didnt help. If his name was Wentz, my fellow Eagles fans would be crying about that.

I do think the Giants would have had a legit shot at winning if Barkley was healthy. The run threat, plus added receiver skills might just have been enough.

3 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Always remember that this is the same guy who went on and on about how it was absolute blasphemy that Dallas took Zeke at 4th overall for no other reason than that hes a RB.

Anyone that determines a rookie QB is either good or bad after 4 games is certifiable. I personally think the Giants have a player in Jones (i.e., has the physical and mental makeup to play the position), but that doesn't mean it will translate into wins. There's been plenty of guys with physical tools that failed miserably. Jones will never be a Russell Wilson type (can basically win a game on his own). He'll need a good supporting cast and coaching to succeed. 

I was thinking, if Lawrence and Jones switched draft positions, would the Giants have received any scrutiny? Lawrence is a friggin beast. 

35 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Anyone that determines a rookie QB is either good or bad after 4 games is certifiable. I personally think the Giants have a player in Jones (i.e., has the physical and mental makeup to play the position), but that doesn't mean it will translate into wins. There's been plenty of guys with physical tools that failed miserably. Jones will never be a Russell Wilson type (can basically win a game on his own). He'll need a good supporting cast and coaching to succeed. 

I was thinking, if Lawrence and Jones switched draft positions, would the Giants have received any scrutiny? Lawrence is a friggin beast. 

Lawrence is a beast, a rare nose tackle type that's already reminding me of Vince Wilfork.  It's criminal how undervalued he was draft day just because he will never get more than 4-6 sacks/yr.  Dude is a rock.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Lawrence is a beast, a rare nose tackle type that's already reminding me of Vince Wilfork.  It's criminal how undervalued he was draft day just because he will never get more than 4-6 sacks/yr.  Dude is a rock.

He's a rare breed. Plays DE on first and second down and moves inside on third downs. He's actually more disruptive when he plays nose tackle. I wish he could spend some time with Cox learning the position. With BJ Hill and Dalvin Thomlinson the DL is pretty much set. They just need to fine tune their technique. We have a few developing OLBs (Carter and Ximines) and one good ILB (Connelly - on IR), but could use more talent at that level. 

Gettleman get's a ton of crap, but he's put together a few good drafts in a row. The OBJ and Vernon trades were great. He just needs Jones to pan out. I think there's a 50/50 chance that happens (before camp I would have given it a 10% chance).  

7 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

According to those close to him, most notably his college coaches, hes a film room/playbook junkie by nature with insane work ethic that cant be taught to go along with his physical gifts.

The scrutiny was due to talking heads. The same talking heads that have since admitted to never really watching him because he was at Duke. Just an incredibly lazy year by the draftniks who also bashed the Baker and Dexter picks.  Dexter didnt rack up a bunch of sacks in college outside of his freshman year and so they just labeled the big guy a 2 down run stuffer and ripped Baker pick because they could have waited for Greedy.

To me, if you didnt love the QB enough to secure him at 6 then you probably dont love him enough and should pass on him regardless.

I dont think its a coincidence that a lot of sports media has become more show than entertainment. Hot takes and personality have replaced logic and insight.

2 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

I dont think its a coincidence that a lot of sports media has become more show than entertainment. Hot takes and personality have replaced logic and insight.

Well said. I’m desperate for a sports talk show that actually talks sports. I’m tired of the standard formats: some clueless bimbo surrounded by three dopey ex players, a nerdy white guy surrounded by three jocks or the fan favorite, one white and one black guy yelling into the camera (although I admittedly watch PTI religiously). 

56 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Well said. I’m desperate for a sports talk show that actually talks sports. I’m tired of the standard formats: some clueless bimbo surrounded by three dopey ex players, a nerdy white guy surrounded by three jocks or the fan favorite, one white and one black guy yelling into the camera (although I admittedly watch PTI religiously). 

Hey woah woah woah! Take it easy. If there's going to be ridiculous talk going on, nothing wrong with at least having some eye candy.

15 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

GMFB is the best right now.  The bimbo really knows her football and Kyle Brandt is hilarious.

56 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

GMFB is the best right now.  The bimbo really knows her football and Kyle Brandt is hilarious.

What's that? 

37 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

What's that? 

Good morning football.  NFl Network, you can youtube most of it.

16 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Good morning football.  NFl Network, you can youtube most of it.

The chicks ok. The 2 white dudes are irritating.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, skippyx said:

They clearly benched Eli way too soon because he is the better QB right now.

Eli was being hot garbage and Giants need to see what they have in Daniel Jones.