VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

On 10/14/2019 at 8:09 AM, jfluke said:

Yeah, its too early to tell on Jones. One the one hand, his confidence is there. But maybe too much. He made a lot throws were Favre-like in a gunslinger kinda way. But, he's not Favre. 

I'm sure missing top 2 WRs didnt help. If his name was Wentz, my fellow Eagles fans would be crying about that.

I do think the Giants would have had a legit shot at winning if Barkley was healthy. The run threat, plus added receiver skills might just have been enough.

It's just one thing after another for the Giants. But even with the mistakes Jones made against the Vikings and Patriots, they had many chances to win both of those games. you can't play like that and win against most teams.....people need to return and stay healthy to even have a chance. 

4 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

It's always sucked

Suck is an understatement.

1 hour ago, GA4M said:

It's just one thing after another for the Giants. But even with the mistakes Jones made against the Vikings and Patriots, they had many chances to win both of those games. you can't play like that and win against most teams.....people need to return and stay healthy to even have a chance. 

A lot of teams have that issue. The league should expand the active rosters so teams can coach up players to take over for injury.

1 hour ago, jfluke said:

A lot of teams have that issue. The league should expand the active rosters so teams can coach up players to take over for injury.

Guess you could do something like that, but then teams would find ways to cheat the system somehow. …..Patriots, Jerry Jones.

10 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

It's always sucked

I've only been there a couple of times, but BBI didn't seem like it was a bad board. I assume it's still around.

Have nothing good to say about the Giants, looked like a bunch of clowns yesterday. Jones is looking like a rookie now, he pretty much lost the game.

lmao at Eagles fans daring to poke fun at the Giants. The Giants have such great potential for their team. And you know they'll be gifted a Superbowl win soon just because the football gods seem to give it to them each decade.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, GA4M said:

Have nothing good to say about the Giants, looked like a bunch of clowns yesterday. Jones is looking like a rookie now, he pretty much lost the game.

Of course he’s looking like a rookie, he is one! Give him some time. He’ll get better. He just needs to get the turnovers under control. 

Jones has a better arm than I thought and is pretty accurate. But he seems to have no idea where the safeties are on any given play. Even for a rookie he seems to lose the safeties and  just throw it up. He might fix it. And if he does he will be pretty good.

Jones looks a helluva lot better than Haskins anyway.

To be honest, I think Giants fans have to be encouraged by what Jones has shown thus far. He's not a complete clusterf like some rookies. And you can see that he has a good arm and is mobile. The real bugaboo has been the turnovers, which is not necessarily unexpected for a rookie. The key will be whether he can reduce them in future years. If so, he could be a good one. If not, then, well, he'll be mediocre.

3 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

Do us a favor and beat the girls.

If Jones would stop giving up free and easy TD's and we could borrow a better defense from another team......this could happen. rookie or not, QB's are taught to get rid of the ball in bad situations. but I'd still have him than Manning.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

lmao at Eagles fans daring to poke fun at the Giants. The Giants have such great potential for their team. And you know they'll be gifted a Superbowl win soon just because the football gods seem to give it to them each decade.

Good, because we're due real soon then:smoke:

3 minutes ago, GA4M said:

If Jones would stop giving up free and easy TD's and we could borrow a better defense from another team......this could happen. rookie or not, QB's are taught to get rid of the ball in bad situations. but I'd still have him than Manning.

Wanted to ask you somthing. I've heard some people say trade for Janoris Jenkins. Dont know anything about him. 

2 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

Wanted to ask you somthing. I've heard some people say trade for Janoris Jenkins. Dont know anything about him. 

They'd be crazy to at this point, but I'm not sure about it either.

Danny Nickels is showing exactly why he was a controversial prospect.  Dude's got juice and accuracy, seems like a nice coachable guy.  But the instincts are...lacking.  It needs to be said that despite all the suck from both him and Eli, this is an ideal offense for a rookie.  Solid O-Line, veteran qb friendly coaching staff, GREAT Rb and plenty of possession weapons.

Giants fans, here is the highlight of your 2019 season:

A black cat walking across the Giants stadium field, then the Giants turn into crap. It has to mean something.

20 hours ago, toolg said:

Giants fans, here is the highlight of your 2019 season:

A black cat walking across the Giants stadium field, then the Giants turn into crap. It has to mean something.

I think it signifies Jones turns the ball over a whole lot, and the Giants defense is utter trash.