VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

On 11/5/2019 at 10:53 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Danny Nickels is showing exactly why he was a controversial prospect.  Dude's got juice and accuracy, seems like a nice coachable guy.  But the instincts are...lacking.  It needs to be said that despite all the suck from both him and Eli, this is an ideal offense for a rookie.  Solid O-Line, veteran qb friendly coaching staff, GREAT Rb and plenty of possession weapons.

This would be true if the OL wasn't significantly under performing (our tackles are terrible) and the offensive play calling wasn't absolute garbage. 

It's been said a few times already, but if the kid can cut down on the turnovers (that's a big IF) he's going to be an above average starter in this league, maybe even top 10 (which is as high as I would rank Wentz right now based on his performance this year). 

3 hours ago, boogyman said:

I think it signifies Jones turns the ball over a whole lot, and the Giants defense is utter trash.

The entire NFC East consists of trash defenses except for the Cowboys. Three of the 4 in the bottom 10 in points allowed. 

10 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

This would be true if the OL wasn't significantly under performing (our tackles are terrible) and the offensive play calling wasn't absolute garbage. 

It's been said a few times already, but if the kid can cut down on the turnovers (that's a big IF) he's going to be an above average starter in this league, maybe even top 10 (which is as high as I would rank Wentz right now based on his performance this year). 

The entire NFC East consists of trash defenses except for the Cowboys. Three of the 4 in the bottom 10 in points allowed. 

cutting down the turnovers is doable, he has a lot of fumbles...Romo was a big fumbler and learned to better secure the ball after a season or two, in the Dallas game he really only threw one pass that was a poor decision. I think he has good instincts...or certainly not noticeably bad instincts and all the physical looks...he needs a playmaker on the outside and a few o-linemen OL...Saquaun is still obviously not 100%...so if the giants can add a WR and a OL or two, the offense will be good next year. They actually have decent talent now at WR

the defense is where the issue is with NY

50 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

cutting down the turnovers is doable, he has a lot of fumbles...Romo was a big fumbler and learned to better secure the ball after a season or two, in the Dallas game he really only threw one pass that was a poor decision. I think he has good instincts...or certainly not noticeably bad instincts and all the physical looks...he needs a playmaker on the outside and a few o-linemen OL...Saquaun is still obviously not 100%...so if the giants can add a WR and a OL or two, the offense will be good next year. They actually have decent talent now at WR

The defense is definitely the issue, but most of the starters are either first or second year players. They need a vet edge rusher and some friggin quality insight LBers! 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Eagles are not in the bottom 10 in points allowed. They are a little below middle of the back. For what it's worth they are also 10th in total defense. Not great, not nearly as good as dallas, but not complete trash either.

3 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Eagles are not in the bottom 10 in points allowed. They are a little below middle of the back. For what it's worth they are also 10th in total defense. Not great, not nearly as good as dallas, but not complete trash either.

Ahh I looked at total points and not points/game. Still nothing to write home about. But yes, the Giants are terrible. We need some friggin LBers that are capable of filling a gap or sticking with a 40 year old TE. We're using replacement level players right now. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ahh I looked at total points and not points/game. Still nothing to write home about. But yes, the Giants are terrible. We need some friggin LBers that are capable of filling a gap or sticking with a 40 year old TE. We're using replacement level players right now. 

I was actually shocked to see us at 10th in total D. Mostly because of how we play against the run but still. The eyeball test would have had me think we were closer to 20 than 10.

2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I was actually shocked to see us at 10th in total D. Mostly because of how we play against the run but still. The eyeball test would have had me think we were closer to 20 than 10.

I'm actually the opposite. I was shocked that the Birds let up that many points per game. I know there was a few teams that burned them deep, but like you said, they play the run well, they swarm to the ball and I feel raise their level of play when it counts. I think the Giants have some talent on the defensive side of the ball, but something is not clicking (some have said the scheme is too complex so players can't just react). 

57 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I'm actually the opposite. I was shocked that the Birds let up that many points per game. I know there was a few teams that burned them deep, but like you said, they play the run well, they swarm to the ball and I feel raise their level of play when it counts. I think the Giants have some talent on the defensive side of the ball, but something is not clicking (some have said the scheme is too complex so players can't just react). 

I was speaking as to being 10 in total defense. Middle of the pack for points made sense for me, that's why I looked it up after your initial post.

We have been better the last couple games but the competition may have something to do with it.

Page 3 guys.  That's how far this thread has fallen.  I'm disgusted with this team.  I'm kind of glad I can finally say that people can't blame Eli anymore for this crap roster and crap culture.  I didn't see him out there during this EIGHT game losing streak.  I also don't think Daniel Jones has played awful.  There have been games where I felt like he played well enough to win.  I think he has a bright future but am scared that sooner than later people will start to blame him for this teams troubles, as it is always "one" person according to the media.  Right now Shurmur is next man to get fired.  The honest to god's truth is the first issue this team has is the culture.  Losing has become "okay" as long as they are "getting better".  They need to be told it's not okay.  Teams with a lot less talent then the Giants have right now are managing to win games here and there.  There is no excuse for this team to be 2-10.  Coaching is awful, that is true and Shurmur does need to be shown the door but instead of replacing him with a "yes" man maybe Mara should finally hire a man who will stand up to him behind closed doors?  A Parcells type maybe?  Crap I would settle for Rex Ryan at this point.  I can't say enough at how disappointed I am with this team because they are bad, but they are NOT 2-10 bad.  This BS runs deep now. 

Reminds me of another team when we had a QB from Duke at the wheel.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, Stephen1 said:

Yeah, but all that might, could, maybe is getting old.

4 minutes ago, GA4M said:

Yeah, but all that might, could, maybe is getting old.

He hasn't played a full season in the NFL....

39 minutes ago, GA4M said:

Reminds me of another team when we had a QB from Duke at the wheel.

Then you obviously were not old enough to be watching back then.  Jones throws a really nice ball, has really good mobility and a ton of upside.  Dave Brown couldn't hit a moving target to save his life.  But as I said in my previous post.  It is only a matter of time before people turn on Jones because obviously it's always "one" person's fault. 

1 hour ago, Happyfoosball said:

Then you obviously were not old enough to be watching back then.  Jones throws a really nice ball, has really good mobility and a ton of upside.  Dave Brown couldn't hit a moving target to save his life.  But as I said in my previous post.  It is only a matter of time before people turn on Jones because obviously it's always "one" person's fault. 

Since when did another team become one person? 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

He hasn't played a full season in the NFL....

Same as above.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:34 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

At least Giants fans have a future to look forward to

I feel they've regressed if anything. giving Manning that last contract was a mistake, then telling Coughlin to hit the road. clearly Mara is just playing with the toy daddy left him and knows very little about what it takes. 

High ankle sprain for Daniel Jones (which is probably why some of his throws were off in the second half). Eli rolling into Philly hot! Hope we give him a proper send off and he lights the Birds up one last time before riding off into the sunset. 

What do you Giants fans think about Eli starting this Monday night? Good thing, bad thing? Better shot at a Giant win/loss?

18 minutes ago, madriver said:

What do you Giants fans think about Eli starting this Monday night? Good thing, bad thing? Better shot at a Giant win/loss?

John Moxon would beat this eagles secondary.  

4 hours ago, madriver said:

I’m not happy that Jones is hurt (season might be over), but I am happy that I’ll get to see Eli play at least one more time. A loss helps our draft position, but puts us under .500 against the Eagles all time. I’m torn. A loss with Eli lighting it up might be best. 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:23 AM, BKLYNYG said:

High ankle sprain for Daniel Jones (which is probably why some of his throws were off in the second half). Eli rolling into Philly hot! Hope we give him a proper send off and he lights the Birds up one last time before riding off into the sunset. 

Well then you can kiss Chase Young goodbye.

You should be hoping for the best draft pick possible and not a meaningless win for Eli. 

With the loss to the Eagles tonight, Eli's career w/l record is 116-117. He may still win a game or two before retiring though, so we'll see.

I really thought that it wasn't the right time to bench him, when they did. Maybe the Giants could have actually contended in this NFC East, had he played more of the season.