VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

2 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

100% agree with this post.

You can ruin a QB by putting them in before they are ready.  You want a guy like that to sit for a year or two at least before they see the field.  If you want to shake it up sign Webb off the Jets practice squad and see what he can do.  He's actually ready.  He's had his year. 

All due respect, but that’s just another damn cliche. The fans don’t know jack as to whether he can play or not because they’re not at practice. They can’t keep trotting this same ish out there every week and expect fans to remain quiet about it. 

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

… like to bump your own threads.

Thank you for helping me with my evil plan by bumping it for me. Now be a good child and reply to this and bump it again.

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Thank you for helping me with my evil plan by bumping it for me. Now be a good child and reply to this and bump it again.

Bump...cause I know you need this. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

All due respect, but that’s just another damn cliche. The fans don’t know jack as to whether he can play or not because they’re not at practice. They can’t keep trotting this same ish out there every week and expect fans to remain quiet about it. 

And you are at practice and you know this?

25 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Bump...cause I know you need this. :thumbsup:

Good job little buddy! Now, bump this one too and you can have a cookie!

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

I've always hated these cliches 

"Defense wins championships"

"Can't start a rookie QB"

"High draft picks are reserved for (insert positions)"

And so on...

8 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Throw Lauletta in there, whats the worst that can happen? Might as well lose and figure out what you've got with the kid, at least it'll be somewhat productive

Barkley for Foles, straight up. Deal?

54 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll counter that offer with Barkley and Eli and whatever the hell else you want for Wentz.

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

I'll counter that offer with Barkley and Eli and whatever the hell else you want for Wentz.

Just be aware that Sudfeld's middle name is Wentz...

17 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

And you are at practice and you know this?

Of course I dont know, but thats not the point. "He's not ready".....how do you know he's "not ready"? And really, at this point, they can't keep putting this crap on display, so whether he's ready or not, I think they've got to throw him out there. There is no other way to determine where he's at, and whether he's capable of handling the pressure of the job.

Something has to change with the offense, and while I'm not at all putting 100% of the blame on Eli, he is not doing anything to help the situation either. Mara made a huge mistake last season by caving to the fanbase who demanded that Eli remain the starter after he decided to sit out the Raiders game. Webb should have been starting the rest of the season, or at least he should have been given a shot. They blew it, and if they keep Eli out there, they're gonna blow it again. Its a waste of time. I've never been a huge Eli guy, but I respect him highly, and I'm thankful for what he did for the team, but enough is enough already

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Throw in a lifetime supply of crabfries and we're good:rock:

34 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Of course I dont know, but thats not the point. "He's not ready".....how do you know he's "not ready"? And really, at this point, they can't keep putting this crap on display, so whether he's ready or not, I think they've got to throw him out there. There is no other way to determine where he's at, and whether he's capable of handling the pressure of the job.

Something has to change with the offense, and while I'm not at all putting 100% of the blame on Eli, he is not doing anything to help the situation either. Mara made a huge mistake last season by caving to the fanbase who demanded that Eli remain the starter after he decided to sit out the Raiders game. Webb should have been starting the rest of the season, or at least he should have been given a shot. They blew it, and if they keep Eli out there, they're gonna blow it again. Its a waste of time. I've never been a huge Eli guy, but I respect him highly, and I'm thankful for what he did for the team, but enough is enough already

Well I'm an Eli guy and I've always had the respect for him that he deserves for being a guy who lead our team to two super bowls.  But I'm not naive.  He didn't do it alone.   Everybody talks about the defense lines we had back then and that was a huge part of it, but the other part of it was that we had a GREAT offensive line in 07 and a very good pass blocking line in 11.  If the Giants were going to win with Eli they needed to improve the OL dramatically.  They didn't do it.  Eli's time is in NY is up.  He's not going to be on the team next year.  The cap savings is significant.  I think 16.5 million or so.  Had they kept Webb I'd be infavor of putting him in now because he looked ready in the preseason.  Kyle L. didn't look ready.  I don't feel comfortable putting him in just in case he has some kind of future with the team.  I don't want him to be ruined.  I also have an another objective.  Why risk bad press?  Seriously?  What's wrong with losing right now?  This team is 1-5 and going nowhere.  Let them finish between 4-12 and 5-11.  Look at the other teams that stink in the standings.  The only other team that MAYBE MIGHT look at a QB is IND.  We are in great shape going in to this draft and there are a few really good prospects.  We'll get our QB in this years draft, he'll compete with Kyle to start next year.  (And hopefully win).  We'll move on from there. 

We are either the 89 Cowboys or the 89 Lions.  Hopefully we'll end up like the 89 Cowboys... 

I still think with an O line investment Foles would fit really well in NY. Play action deep balls to Odell and deep seam passes to Ingram, passes Foles throws very well.

Also Foles is one of the better "ball handling" QBs in the league and is very good at the various fakes and screen throws. Barkley would feast. Wouldn't work with the current o line play, but pretty much nothing will anyway.

43 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I still think with an O line investment Foles would fit really well in NY. Play action deep balls to Odell and deep seam passes to Ingram, passes Foles throws very well.

Also Foles is one of the better "ball handling" QBs in the league and is very good at the various fakes and screen throws. Barkley would feast. Wouldn't work with the current o line play, but pretty much nothing will anyway.

Stop it. I’m not going from one doofus to another. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Stop it. I’m not going from one doofus to another. 

Being short sighted and unimaginative in roster and team building like that is why the Giants have been a laughing stock.

5 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Throw in a lifetime supply of crabfries and we're good:rock:

I've never had any, but have wondered about them. Are they just fries with Old Bay on them?

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've never had any, but have wondered about them. Are they just fries with Old Bay on them?

Not exactly, but they are awesome

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Potatoe wedges, olive oil, and most homemade recipes call for old bay. But most restaurants call for a secret blend of spices in place of old bay. 

https://chickiesandpetes.com/what-are-crabfries/

7 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Potatoe wedges, olive oil, and most homemade recipes call for old bay. But most restaurants call for a secret blend of spices in place of old bay. 

Old may, Morton season salt, olive oil and grated parm together on baked potato wedges are pretty good.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:09 AM, madriver said:

I fully expect the entire east to be revitalized this season. Eli has suffered greatly from poor playcalling and no run game the last few years. Fix those and this is an 8 or 9 win team easy. When eli is on he's an elite qb. 

Is that Nostradamus?!

E5B18FAD-E951-4B60-95E7-AA9D90BAD639.jpeg

22 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

I'll have to make some and see how they are.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll have to make some and see how they are.

You’ll probably want to blanch or soak potatoes before baking. Let us know how it goes ?