VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans, Talk About The Giants

17 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

This past 5 years has been very un-Giants like indeed, but I think this is the exact type of coach you bring in. A guy that’s young and will grow along with the young roster. You don’t bring in a guy with past experience that’s already set in his ways. He may not be the right guy, but he’s definitely the right type of guy. It was a fresh take from an organization that doesn’t usually have them. McCarthy or someone similar would have been the Hail Mary move. This is the complete opposite. 

I’m not worried About the other coaches in the division. McCarthy is washed. Doug P caught lightening in a bottle one year. The Eagles have been pretty average the other years. Rivera is doomed. He went to the Skins. It’s not like we’re trying to catch 13 win teams. 

I dunno, usually when you bring in a young guy like  that it's coupled with a new GM that has a nice long leash and they go out and pick their Qb together.  Your guy is coming into an already fluid situation and clearly another 5-11 season isn't acceptable.  That does not seem ideal to me.

The Eagles are in pretty good shape, relatively speaking.  They got their Qb, the HC and GM are cemented, they know that even in a year where things go badly they can still compete.  They are also not going to sit complacent and they admitted that they failed to counter the brain drain they suffered after the SB and then need to get more young players.

Rivera is picking his GM, the Skins at least are all in on organizational rebuild.  their direction seems clear.

Pokes are just going in circles.  they will win games as long as they keep drafting well, but seem dedicated to the root causes of their mediocrity.

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

I dunno, usually when you bring in a young guy like  that it's coupled with a new GM that has a nice long leash and they got out and pick their Qb together.  Your guy is coming into an already fluid situation and clearly another 5-11 season isn't acceptable.  That does not seem ideal to me.

The Eagles are in pretty good shape, relatively speaking.  They got their Qb, the HC and GM are cemented, they know that even in a year where things go badly they can still compete.  They are also not going to sit complacent and they admitted that they failed to counter the brain drain they suffered after the SB and then need to get more young players.

Rivera is picking his GM, the Skins at least are all in on organizational rebuild.  their direction seems clear.

Pokes are just going in circles.  they will win games as long as they keep drafting well, but seem dedicated to the root causes of their mediocrity.

GM, Coach, QB coming in together is definitely the ideal situation, but just because Judge didn’t pick Jones doesn’t mean they won’t mesh. Gettleman is the outlier here. I would have liked a fresh start at GM as well, but he hasn’t drafted all that badly and I like most of the trades he’s made (OBJ, Vernon, plus the decision not to sign Collins, etc). He just sucks in free agency, which is scary when you consider we might have $90M in cap space after some logical cuts. 

10 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m not sure how a Philly fan can say that. How the coach deals with the media is very important, especially in this market. I wanted Rhule, but I’m happy the Giants went for the fresh start rather than a retread. 

Cause our 2 most successful coaches had absolutely horrible press conferences. Chip Kelly had eagles fans cheering in PC turned out to be a lying joke. 

4 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Cause our 2 most successful coaches had absolutely horrible press conferences. Chip Kelly had eagles fans cheering in PC turned out to be a lying joke. 

lol some of it is true, but I don't consider coach Reid or Pederson horrible with PCs. 

It's just that Chip was overly sarcastic and charismatic. He really didn't exude a humble but confident demeanor like say a Joe Judge.

4 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

lol some of it is true, but I don't consider coach Reid or Pederson horrible with PCs. 

It's just that Chip was overly sarcastic and charismatic. He really didn't exude a humble but confident demeanor like say a Joe Judge.

Well horrible was over exaggerated but, I know we got tired of the same tired (reid) or dorky responses (pederson) . 

Chips PC'S were great till he started getting rid of players and losing then those same press conferences just pissed us off lol

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

We’ve had the opposite experience. Awkward opening pressers have led to awkward relationships with the media and in McAdoos case, the players. I still think Shurmur is a good guy, just not a program builder. 

15 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

We’ve had the opposite experience. Awkward opening pressers have led to awkward relationships with the media and in McAdoos case, the players. I still think Shurmur is a good guy, just not a program builder. 

I would agree, shurmur is a good guy and coach but, can't be the main guy

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:51 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Vrabel actually isn't part of Belichick's tree though. Maybe that's why he's had some success lol.

That's true, a coaching tree doesn't include who a coach played for as a player, a coaching tree starts with who a coach has coached under. An example is Doug, he's part of the Reid Tree, not the Shula or Holmgren trees. Yes, he played for Andy for a year, but that wouldn't be enough to consider him part of Andy's tree (if playing was part of the equation).

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:26 PM, BKLYNYG said:

How was Ray Handley with the media? I've always thought that he should be given another shot with the Giants.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's true, a coaching tree doesn't include who a coach played for as a player, a coaching tree starts with who a coach has coached under. An example is Doug, he's part of the Reid Tree, not the Shula or Holmgren trees. Yes, he played for Andy for a year, but that wouldn't be enough to consider him part of Andy's tree (if playing was part of the equation).

Right. I often times forget Doug played for Reid for a year here. 

On 12/24/2019 at 5:27 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Has @Gmen4ever been around lately? Haven't seen him post for a while.

That rat bastich probably got himself thrown in jail...

Whats up fellas. Hope everyone is well

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

That rat bastich probably got himself thrown in jail...

Whats up fellas. Hope everyone is well

Glad to see you, and that you aren't 6 feet under!  

Once you're over 50, you start thinking about that stuff more. :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, pencil face said:

This has Mara written all over it, i highly doubt Judge wanted Garret..

When you hire a coach that isn't on other team's radar, it gives the FO more opportunity to make them a puppet. So, you are probably right.  Judge probably would just accept it vs. arguing with a FO that give him his big break.

3 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

When you hire a coach that isn't on other team's radar, it gives the FO more opportunity to make them a puppet. So, you are probably right.  Judge probably would just accept it vs. arguing with a FO that give him his big break.

What?  😂

next year the NFCE is gonna be interesting, if nothing else 

33 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Tip of the cap to the 2X champion. 

Very glad he retired a Giant. 

Seeing as he didn't want to be a backup, I don't think he had any other choice. I don't think any team was going to give him a starting job.

15 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Does he make the hall?

A .500 record as a starting QB would support him not making it. 2 Super Bowl rings will help his argument, though.

20 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Seeing as he didn't want to be a backup, I don't think he had any other choice. I don't think any team was going to give him a starting job.

Ryan Tannehill and Jimmy G were in the conference finals. One guy stinks and one threw 8 passes to get into the SB. I would not be surprised if Eli got a chance to start again. 

That said, retirement was the right choice. He had a great career. 

While I was contractually obligated to hate him as a NY Giant being an Eagle fan, ( :whistle:)  I can't say I ever heard of him being a bad guy. Good luck in your retirement ya big goof ball.