Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've never had any, but have wondered about them. Are they just fries with Old Bay on them?

Basically, yes.  With a side cup of white cheese sauce.  Not really sure what kind of cheese it is though. 

8 hours ago, Captain F said:

Basically, yes.  With a side cup of white cheese sauce.  Not really sure what kind of cheese it is though. 

Supposedly there's crab meat in the cheese sauce. Who cares? They're nice affordable and go well with a Bud light tower

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:20 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm just curious, how much more time do you want Eli to hang in there? Are you in for the long haul or are you about ready to have him retire?

Now that another season has come and gone, any new thoughts on Eli, Giants fans?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Now that another season has come and gone, any new thoughts on Eli, Giants fans?

Eli is done. He can still play but his days of being a true franchise QB are behind him. I've been on the Haskins bandwagon since October. I'm ready to.move on.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

Eli is done. He can still play but his days of being a true franchise QB are behind him. I've been on the Haskins bandwagon since October. I'm ready to.move on.

Move on in which way, a free agent or in the draft? Do you think that they missed a great opportunity last year or are you satisfied with the Barkley pick vs. a QB pick?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Move on in which way, a free agent or in the draft? Do you think that they missed a great opportunity last year or are you satisfied with the Barkley pick vs. a QB pick?

Draft. As I said, I've been on the Haskins bandwagon since October. Honestly, I felt that last year's class was overrated. Talked up by draftniks and pushed up due to demand.

Outside of Darnold, who I wasn't sold on, I wasnt in love with any of the prospects.

I'm ok with Saquon. There really wasnt a bad pick up there last year. Between Chubb, Nelson, Ward Saquon, etc at the top. All studs.

12 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Haskins bro, Haskins. The next overrated Ohio State QB to enter the draft this year. Will gladly see NY take him instead of going after Foles. They'll shoot themselves in the foot for it.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Mine remain the same: Thanks for everything, Eli, but be gone. Its over

That being said, there is zero doubt in my mind that he'll start every game in 2019. This front office is too blind and stupid to see that he can no longer get it done, no matter how many "weapons" you give him

Let me add that I dont think they need to go after one of the top QB prospects. Personally, with the offensive threats they've already got, I think they really only need a mid tier game manager who protects the football. Grab him(whoever it may be, I dont follow college ball) in between building the trenches up on both sides. Majority of problems solved

16 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

You’re going to have to trade up to get him. If the Giants really like him they can’t sit back and wait until the 6th pick. Jacksonville, Denver or whoever could easily jump ahead of them. 

3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Haskins bro, Haskins. The next overrated Ohio State QB to enter the draft this year. Will gladly see NY take him instead of going after Foles. They'll shoot themselves in the foot for it.

Nah. What next overrrated Ohio State QB? He's not anything like the "dual threat" Cardale Jones Terrell Pryor types. Dude can play. I went into the season watching Herbert but Haskins quietly turned heads. Guy was breaking records and getting better every week. He also rises to the occasion. Go watch him against the nation's best defense in Michigan. Absurd.

I still stand by my opinion on Foles. Philly faithful have a far higher opinion on him than any other fanbase. 

Even Eagles fans arent hesitating on who to keep. Him or Wentz. 

8 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

You’re going to have to trade up to get him. If the Giants really like him they can’t sit back and wait until the 6th pick. Jacksonville, Denver or whoever could easily jump ahead of them. 

Very possible. I'd have no issue with that.

If you love a QB, go and get him. Giants traded up for Eli. Eagles traded up for Wentz.

17 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

If you love a QB, go and get him. Giants traded up for Eli. Eagles traded up for Wentz.

Agreed with this. If you like a guy regardless of what others say you go out there and get him. 

5 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Since the Eli trade which was quite a while ago...how often have the Giants maneuvered the draft? I cant remember many times, if any, they traded up or down. Even in the later rounds where a lot of teams move all over using trades they always seems to stay put and just make a pick.

I do have a poor memory and have not done any research so I may be off base. 

6 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

We’re on different sides on this one. I don’t mind drafting Haskins, but I do mind giving up additional assets to get him. I don’t see him as a can’t miss prospect. Just the best of a weak bunch. 

4 hours ago, boogyman said:

Since the Eli trade which was quite a while ago...how often have the Giants maneuvered the draft? I cant remember many times, if any, they traded up or down. Even in the later rounds where a lot of teams move all over using trades they always seems to stay put and just make a pick.

I think they maneuvered to pick Landon Collins at the top of the second round a few years ago. But other than that, yeah, they pretty much sit still. The Bengals are like that too.

14 hours ago, boogyman said:

Quarterbacks are different. The one issue with moving up is that you better be in love with him because if you don't, it's gonna be your arse

14 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

We’re on different sides on this one. I don’t mind drafting Haskins, but I do mind giving up additional assets to get him. I don’t see him as a can’t miss prospect. Just the best of a weak bunch. 

Yeah we are. I love the guy. I wasn't enamored with last year's group outside of maybe Darnold who I had issues with.

That being said, if they can't get Dwayne, then don't bother with a QB. Lock and Jones don't do anything for me. 

4 hours ago, boogyman said:

Saw a Rosen to NY trade rumor earlier today

Saw that, weird and funny. There's a lot of rumors swirling around though.

Another rumor is that the Browns are potentially looking to trade for Beckham.

I don't put any stock in either rumor.

13 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Another rumor is that the Browns are potentially looking to trade for Beckham.

The Browns being the Browns, they'd make the blockbuster trade and not read the fine print, then find out that the Giants traded Odell Beckham, Sr. to them.

2 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Let’s discuss Landon Collins, wtf are the Giants thinking 

Probably that although he has played very well in stretches and had some gaudy numbers, that he still gets lost in coverage very often and his name and stats dictate he is going to be overpaid.

3 hours ago, boogyman said:

Probably that although he has played very well in stretches and had some gaudy numbers, that he still gets lost in coverage very often and his name and stats dictate he is going to be overpaid.

Bingo. Also, it's a saturated safety market and Landon is probably the 3rd or 4th best overall safety in it. Not only did he say he would hold out if tagged, his level of play wouldnt justify the tag.

He's coming off down season and his reputation is a bit overblown because of his 2016 season. 

12 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Bingo. Also, it's a saturated safety market and Landon is probably the 3rd or 4th best overall safety in it. Not only did he say he would hold out if tagged, his level of play wouldnt justify the tag.

He's coming off down season and his reputation is a bit overblown because of his 2016 season. 

Yep. He's capable of being a great player, but he doesn't put it into practice nearly often enough to justify a huge payday.

10 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Yeah. I personally changed my mind about him 2 or 3 times. When they drafted him I thought he was taken too high. Then he had a really good year in 2016 and I said to myself, well you missed that one lol. But as time went on monster I realized that even with the picks and other stats he still got picked on a bunch in coverage. Gave up what seemed to me a ton of first downs and lots big plays to tight ends and RBs. 

His best position is probably being that 3rd safety a lot of teams use now, but he is going to get a ton of money so he will be a starter.