VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

On 3/6/2019 at 6:21 AM, boogyman said:

Yeah. I personally changed my mind about him 2 or 3 times. When they drafted him I thought he was taken too high. Then he had a really good year in 2016 and I said to myself, well you missed that one lol. But as time went on monster I realized that even with the picks and other stats he still got picked on a bunch in coverage. Gave up what seemed to me a ton of first downs and lots big plays to tight ends and RBs. 

His best position is probably being that 3rd safety a lot of teams use now, but he is going to get a ton of money so he will be a starter. 

We're on the same page here. Miracles apparently do happen.

While I love Landon and all due to his aggressive nature and leadership role on defense, it's no secret that he's a liability and now entered a saturated free agent safety market so paying him top dollar just wouldnt have been smart.

He's coming off a 60 tackle, 0 int, and 1 pass defensed season. That's not even half of the production he had in his absurd 2016 season.

Ive compared him to Roy Williams of the Cowboys. Hybrid safety who quickly became a big name after a  monster year(rookie season) and always seems to make plays on primetime Still, it was no secret that offensive coordinators looked to him as the weak link in the Cowboys pass defense and went at him. 

It was never more apparent than that Sunday night game against the Redskins when Brunell hit Santana Moss on back to back touchdown passes burning Roy Williams badly on both.

Roy then went off to Cincy where he pretty much faceplanted.

19 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

While I love Landon and all due to his aggressive nature and leadership role on defense, it's no secret that he's a liability and now entered a saturated free agent safety market so paying him top dollar just wouldnt have been smart.

He's coming off a 60 tackle, 0 int, and 1 pass defensed season. That's not even half of the production he had in his absurd 2016 season.

Ive compared him to Roy Williams of the Cowboys. Hybrid safety who quickly became a big name after a  monster year(rookie season) and always seems to make plays on primetime Still, it was no secret that offensive coordinators looked to him as the weak link in the Cowboys pass defense and went at him. 

It was never more apparent than that Sunday night game against the Redskins when Brunell hit Santana Moss on back to back touchdown passes burning Roy Williams badly on both.

Yeah. He could be an asset to any team, but his value is not worth top safety money because of his liabilities. Especially in a pass happy league.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

Listening to Giants beat writers it like they either haven’t watched the team play or have no clue how the cap works. Maybe both. If we can get a S and an OLB for the price it would cost to sign Collins it would be a huge win. 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Listening to Giants beat writers it like they either haven’t watched the team play or have no clue how the cap works. Maybe both. If we can get a S and an OLB for the price it would cost to sign Collins it would be a huge win. 

They, and many fans, fell in love with Landon following the 2016 season. He became a big name and there was pride with him since he was one of the only big names on defense that wasn't a free agent. 

Because of that, it seemed like everyone looked the other way as he didn't come close to matching his 2016 season in either of the last 2 years.

I'd like for him to stay but I don't want the Giants allocating that much of the cap to a guy who is a liability in the passing game.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

They, and many fans, fell in love with Landon following the 2016 season. He became a big name and there was pride with him since he was one of the only big names on defense that wasn't a free agent. 

Because of that, it seemed like everyone looked the other way as he didn't come close to matching his 2016 season in either of the last 2 years.

I'd like for him to stay but I don't want the Giants allocating that much of the cap to a guy who is a liability in the passing game.

What about moving Collins to a Hybrid LB role like the Cardinals with Deone Buchanon?

14 minutes ago, Utebird said:

What about moving Collins to a Hybrid LB role like the Cardinals with Deone Buchanon?

Not for $11 mill. Mark Barron is a FA, will probably cost less, and already has experience in that role.

Giants pretty quiet on the first two days of FA. Most of the top guys have signed or made commitments. I'm wondering if Gettleman is going to just continue building through the draft, ride out Eli's contract and then find a new QB next year when the team has more cap space. As currently constructed this is a 5-6 win team at best. All three NFC East rivals are better, and in the Cowboys and Eagles case, much better. Could be in position to draft a QB high again next year. 

Giants won't do a lot in this FA, without this year's rookie class or their own FA they resigned, Giants will have $85m in cap space, factor in the rookie cap and their signings, they still looking at $70m plus in cap space next season, they gonna be busy next year.

9 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Giants pretty quiet on the first two days of FA. Most of the top guys have signed or made commitments. I'm wondering if Gettleman is going to just continue building through the draft, ride out Eli's contract and then find a new QB next year when the team has more cap space. As currently constructed this is a 5-6 win team at best. All three NFC East rivals are better, and in the Cowboys and Eagles case, much better. Could be in position to draft a QB high again next year. 

I like this approach from Gettleman. This year's FA class is a little overrated. A lot of guys may have been available, but the players are getting overpaid. However I can't root too much against players getting paid because teams will cut corners any place they can.

The Giants will be fine.

5 hours ago, pencil face said:

Giants won't do a lot in this FA, without this year's rookie class or their own FA they resigned, Giants will have $85m in cap space, factor in the rookie cap and their signings, they still looking at $70m plus in cap space next season, they gonna be busy next year.

Welp I guess you and me were wrong my friend. I thought Giants would be quiet.

Odell going to the Browns and Giants getting Jabrill Peppers. Pretty interesting.

1 minute ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Welp I guess you and me were wrong my friend. I thought Giants would be quiet.

Odell going to the Browns and Giants getting Jabrill Peppers. Pretty interesting.

Landon Collins 2.0 for a fraction of the $$ and a couple picks. Giants should have received more. 

Just now, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Damn you guys are gonna suck 

All worth it for this guy

Image result for justin herbert

‘Tank for Tua’

...but that’s a pretty good haul when you consider Brown went for a 3 and 5.

The Browns are LOADED.  

18 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Landon Collins 2.0 for a fraction of the $$ and a couple picks. Giants should have received more. 

How much more? They wanted 2 firsts. They got a first, a first round talent and a third. 

6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

How much more? They wanted 2 firsts. They got a first, a first round talent and a third. 

I think an extra 2nd would have done it for me.

Unlike many, I'm not too upset by this. Ive grown tired of him. Unbelievable player but he's just so much drama. Only a matter of time before he goes turns into Antonio Brown.

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

I think an extra 2nd would have done it for me.

Unlike many, I'm not too upset by this. Ive grown tired of him. Unbelievable player but he's just so much drama. Only a matter of time before he goes turns into Antonio Brown.

Now that I’ve accepted the fact that we will suck next year, I think it’s a great trade. 

The Giants are having a great off-season and I am not being sarcastic.

• The OBJ contract was an anchor.
  • The money Collins got was obscene.
  • They improved their line which absolutely had to happen.

Getting a 1st, a 3rd, and Peppers for an overpaid prima donna turd is wonderful for them.

They should cut Eli now and use that cap space to extend some of their younger players.

I would also see if some idiot will give you the farm for the #6 pick if Haskins or Murray are still on the board.

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Now that I’ve accepted the fact that we will suck next year, I think it’s a great trade. 

You're most positive than I.

5 minutes ago, skippyx said:

The Giants are having a great off-season and I am not being sarcastic.

• The OBJ contract was an anchor.
  • The money Collins got was obscene.
  • They improved their line which absolutely had to happen.

Getting a 1st, a 3rd, and Peppers for an overpaid prima donna turd is wonderful for them.

They should cut Eli now and use that cap space to extend some of their younger players.

Agreed. A lot of people are giving them grief but they are doing things the right way. Beckham was constantly going to drag them down. 

Only thing is that I think they should have traded Beckham last year before the contract.

Beckham missed more than 25% of his games as a Giant.

They went 25-34 when he did play and he was invisible in the Miami Boat Boyz playoff game.

Getting a decent player and 2 very good draft picks for the right to pay him 15+ million a year is highway robbery.