Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Giants fans... Talk about the Giants

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, he took his shots, but as a Giants fan, that's to be expected. Bronx went apeish after Chip was fired.

Oh, haha. I miss those guys...and Mighty too. I hope that old SOB is ok. He fell off the map.  

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ha, no wasn't it Rich? He was always good for zinger at the Eagles expense. Bronx wouldn't have said that. 

No it was Bronx. I think it started a bit when we dumped Chip and got Pederson. He was going on about changing coaches and being the new Browns.

Rich was gone before then I think.

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Oh, haha. I miss those guys...and Mighty too. I hope that old SOB is ok. He fell off the map.  

Yeah, last I heard of Mighty, his wife wasn't doing well, I believe. Hope all is well there, but his absence has given me concern otherwise.

18 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

There's been some really lazy reporting around the league recently (mostly from ESPN) and it started with the Raiders. Talking heads just bash a team for trading away or letting go of star players without looking at the full picture. Mack and Cooper are great players, but the Raiders sucked both with them and without him, so why not trade them and use the draft capital to build a more well-rounded team? Now the Raiders have 4 picks in the first 35! That's a proper rebuild. 

The Giants moves haven't been as dramatic, but they held back from making a one-dimensional safety the highest paid player at his position, traded an under performing DE for an above average G and then traded a WR for three valuable assets. Yes the Giants need a QB, but I'm sure that's part of the plan. How can it not be, this is Eli's last year in NY regardless of what happens in the draft. So they either draft his successor this year and use Eli as a mentor (I like Daniel Jones in that scenario) or draft a slightly more talented player next year and give him the keys right away. In the mean time they're building other areas of the team so when the new QB arrives the cupboard isn't bare. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like the worst plan. The biggest mistake they made so far was signing OBJ in the first place and paying his bonus. Oh well, ish happens. If they let him walk they would have got bashed for that as well. Oh and they also got bashed for signing a WR to a contract of that size. How can ya win? 

Couldn't agree more (outside of DJ. I'm lukewarm on him at best). Talking heads want clicks and bashing gets them just that. It's fun and easy.

That last part is dead on. Since his headbutting of Josh Norman, the very same media that has ripped the Giants all day everyday for not disciplining OBJ enough and supposedly being stupid for daring to sign him longterm is now ripping the Giants to shreds and is painting OBJ as a wonderful guy on and off the field.

It's just irritating to say the least.  Whole lot of piling on 

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, last I heard of Mighty, his wife wasn't doing well, I believe. Hope all is well there, but his absence has given me concern otherwise.

He kept the pot stirring to say the least. Yeah, definitely concerned especially since the last 2 years would have been an absolute paradise for him with what has happened and now. 

Hope all is well with him.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:03 PM, Quiet Boy said:

Giants can take a QB high or acquire really good prospects in the trenches now. They'll probably be bad this year, but they are on the right track in terms of building a competitive team going forward.

Yeah, right.  Image result for doh!

3 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

He kept the pot stirring to say the least. Yeah, definitely concerned especially since the last 2 years would have been an absolute paradise for him with what has happened and now. 

Hope all is well with him.

Yeah, given the state of the 2 franchises the last 2 years, (not intended as trash talking BTW), Mighty has enough ammo to have a field day. I hope all is well too.

49 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Not sure why everyone is so hell-bent on Eli getting cut. It's the final year of his contract and the Giants are already leading the league in dead money. There's really little to gain from getting rid of him now. To me, it's wiser to keep him one final year to perhaps if nothing else, mentor Haskins if they take him or someone else and then let his contract expire after the season.

Agree with all of that . . . and the man has certainly earned the right to go out on his own terms.

Not that anyone will be rushing to sign him after next year . . .

but at least he gets to decide if he retires a Giant . . . or not.

55 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Not sure why everyone is so hell-bent on Eli getting cut. It's the final year of his contract and there isn't any real major FAs out there that warrant freeing up immediate cap space. 

Giants are already leading the league in dead money. There's really little to gain from getting rid of him now. To me, it's wiser to keep him one final year to perhaps if nothing else, mentor Haskins if they take him or someone else and then let his contract expire after the season.

FB_IMG_1552676557177.jpg

1 minute ago, boogyman said:

FB_IMG_1552676557177.jpg

Nerd alert, but I cannot wait for End Game. 

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, given the state of the 2 franchises the last 2 years, (not intended as trash talking BTW), Mighty has enough ammo to have a field day. I hope all is well too.

Ugh yea that was my fear as well. Fingers crossed. 

7 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Nerd alert, but I cannot wait for End Game. 

Ugh yea that was my fear as well. Fingers crossed. 

I miss Rich for the same reasons. The past few years would have been glorious. I still remember him using PFF to show that Larry Donnel was better than Ertz but as soon as anyone else referenced PFF they were idiots for using PFF.

24 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I miss Rich for the same reasons. The past few years would have been glorious. I still remember him using PFF to show that Larry Donnel was better than Ertz but as soon as anyone else referenced PFF they were idiots for using PFF.

If you hang around the board long enough everyone gets their time in the sun. I joined in 2004 and got my butt kicked. Then we had a few years where Giants fans were running wild. There were a few years in between where no one really had bragging rights and now the pendulum has swung back to the Eagles and to a lesser extent the Cowboys. It's been fun. 

50 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

If you hang around the board long enough everyone gets their time in the sun. I joined in 2004 and got my butt kicked. Then we had a few years where Giants fans were running wild. There were a few years in between where no one really had bragging rights and now the pendulum has swung back to the Eagles and to a lesser extent the Cowboys. It's been fun. 

Oh I hear you. I just was remembering the pages of back and forths I had with him and it would have been nice. The Ertz thing sticks out...and 2 years later a ring and TE catch record. I've gotten my butt kickings and will get more. But he stuck to his guns bigtime on a few issues that were dead wrong and I love a chance to rub it in.

3 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

💯  Signing Tate was dumb. I was on board until then.

Us signing him last year or letting him go to the Giants?

42 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Us signing him last year or letting him go to the Giants?

Could be wrong but probably replacing OBJ with Tate

18 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

💯

Signing Tate was dumb. I was on board until then.

They gave him entirely too much guaranteed money for being a 30 year old, middle of the road WR

I liked passing on Collins (Archuletta 2.0, or Roy Williams 2.0)

• Linebacker/Safety hybrids (in the box safeties) never age well and this is a passing league

I loved the the OBJ trade, and the trade for Zeitler.

They were doing so well.

Keeping Eli at that salary (make him restructure to 10+ incentives or walk away) and paying Tate that much were bad decisions.

5 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

They gave him entirely too much guaranteed money for being a 30 year old, middle of the road WR

I agree that they gave him too much but at the same time I think we're putting to much into his coffee break in Philly.

He was on pace for 90+ 1000+ 7+ line before the trade. 

Also, there's a need for savvy veterans during a mass roster turnover

Way too much money though. Especially guaranteed money.

33 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I agree that they gave him too much but at the same time I think we're putting to much into his coffee break in Philly.

He was on pace for 90+ 1000+ 7+ line before the trade. 

Also, there's a need for savvy veterans during a mass roster turnover

Way too much money though. Especially guaranteed money.

He is there to help along a youngster at QB. A solid vet and perfect skillset to aid a young passer.

Its not a terrible deal for year 1, but its likely a not great 2-year deal with a 5 million dead cap in year 3.

17 hours ago, boogyman said:

He is there to help along a youngster at QB. A solid vet and perfect skillset to aid a young passer.

Oh I agree. I see the reasons why he was signed unlike the majority of Twitter 

My lone real issue with it was too much money. 

Time to move on to the draft. Setting aside the obvious fact that the Giants need a QB, if they don’t take one this year I’m starting to get behind the idea of using both first rounders on D front 7 players OR the number 6 on DL and the number 17 on the TE from Iowa (if he’s even there). Two TE sets are all the rage these days and that formation would help our two most important players (Barkley and a young QB). 

If they pass on a QB, id want them to stay in the trenches as much as possible. If they go skill position early, I’ll explode 

1 minute ago, Gmen4ever said:

If they pass on a QB, id want them to stay in the trenches as much as possible. If they go skill position early, I’ll explode 

Do you mean with the #6 pick? We have 12 draft choices. At least one should be spent on receiver (maybe 3rd round). I wouldn’t mind a well rounded TE in the early rounds because he helps both the running and passing game. If you think about the current roster, there’s one opening on the OL (right tackle). That should be addressed early. Then take another OL in later rounds to develop for depth. On defense we need 1 EDGE (maybe 2 if Carter is not ready) and a DE. That should be the target with #6 if it’s not a QB. We have Hill, Tomlinson and McIntosh. Three young, promising players on the DLine. Just need a few more pash rushers.