Giants fans...

3 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Since you guys are trading talent.... How much ya want for Barkley?:lol:

Wentz and L Johnson. 😁

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

Wentz and L Johnson. 😁

:roll:At least not all of you are crazy

23 minutes ago, skippyx said:

The Giants are having a great off-season and I am not being sarcastic.

• The OBJ contract was an anchor.
  • The money Collins got was obscene.
  • They improved their line which absolutely had to happen.

Getting a 1st, a 3rd, and Peppers for an overpaid prima donna turd is wonderful for them.

They should cut Eli now and use that cap space to extend some of their younger players.

I would also see if some idiot will give you the farm for the #6 pick if Haskins or Murray are still on the board.

100% agree.

This offseason has a '1 step back, 2 steps forward feel' to it.

Giants can take a QB high or acquire really good prospects in the trenches now. They'll probably be bad this year, but they are on the right track in terms of building a competitive team going forward.

So, Giants fans, what are your feelings about trading Beckham and then signing Tate to the contract that he got?

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, Giants fans, what are your feelings about trading Beckham and then signing Tate to the contract that he got?

IdealisticLankyIndigowingedparrot.webp

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Ask again after the draft. 

FYI the money is fine. The Giants are looking at over $100M in cap space next year with few, if any, significant contracts to hand out. 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:07 AM, brainstormsounds said:

We’ve rapidly entered the "bargaining” stage, eh Giants fans?

Good news, from that point self-esteem should be on the rise! :thumbsup:

stages_of_change.png

4 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

IdealisticLankyIndigowingedparrot.webp

Lol, we need someone, but I see the risk too.

On 3/13/2019 at 9:13 AM, boogyman said:

20190313_081152.jpg

Boogy, was the couch too crowded with Eagles fans for ya?

I feel fine with Eli this year.  I'd love to get Murry if there is a way, I'm not sold on anyone else in this draft.  The OBJ trade had to happen he was divisive and he was hurting the team.  Plus you don't win with receivers you win with OL, DL, QB.  The OL is already looking a lot better and we haven't even gotten to the draft yet.  Honestly, I'm feeling pretty good about the Giants right now.  I am mostly worried about the Giants and the long term forecast of life after Eli.

1 hour ago, Happyfoosball said:

I feel fine with Eli this year.  I'd love to get Murry if there is a way, I'm not sold on anyone else in this draft.  The OBJ trade had to happen he was divisive and he was hurting the team.  Plus you don't win with receivers you win with OL, DL, QB.  The OL is already looking a lot better and we haven't even gotten to the draft yet.  Honestly, I'm feeling pretty good about the Giants right now.  I am mostly worried about the Giants and the long term forecast of life after Eli.

Not sure why everyone is so hell-bent on Eli getting cut. It's the final year of his contract and there isn't any real major FAs out there that warrant freeing up immediate cap space. 

Giants are already leading the league in dead money. There's really little to gain from getting rid of him now. To me, it's wiser to keep him one final year to perhaps if nothing else, mentor Haskins if they take him or someone else and then let his contract expire after the season.

1 minute ago, SD_Eagle said:

8BEA539C-D2A5-48A4-BBEA-524582668685.png

I still laugh to myself a bit at the guy who called us the new Browns right before we won the superbowl almost every time I log onto this site.

30 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Not sure why everyone is so hell-bent on Eli getting cut. It's the final year of his contract and there isn't any real major FAs out there that warrant freeing up immediate cap space. 

Giants are already leading the league in dead money. There's really little to gain from getting rid of him now. To me, it's wiser to keep him one final year to perhaps if nothing else, mentor Haskins if they take him or someone else and then let his contract expire after the season.

There's been some really lazy reporting around the league recently (mostly from ESPN) and it started with the Raiders. Talking heads just bash a team for trading away or letting go of star players without looking at the full picture. Mack and Cooper are great players, but the Raiders sucked both with them and without him, so why not trade them and use the draft capital to build a more well-rounded team? Now the Raiders have 4 picks in the first 35! That's a proper rebuild. 

The Giants moves haven't been as dramatic, but they held back from making a one-dimensional safety the highest paid player at his position, traded an under performing DE for an above average G and then traded a WR for three valuable assets. Yes the Giants need a QB, but I'm sure that's part of the plan. How can it not be, this is Eli's last year in NY regardless of what happens in the draft. So they either draft his successor this year and use Eli as a mentor (I like Daniel Jones in that scenario) or draft a slightly more talented player next year and give him the keys right away. In the mean time they're building other areas of the team so when the new QB arrives the cupboard isn't bare. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like the worst plan. The biggest mistake they made so far was signing OBJ in the first place and paying his bonus. Oh well, ish happens. If they let him walk they would have got bashed for that as well. Oh and they also got bashed for signing a WR to a contract of that size. How can ya win? 

5 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I still laugh to myself a bit at the guy who called us the new Browns right before we won the superbowl almost every time I log onto this site.

BronxEagle?

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

There's been some really lazy reporting around the league recently (mostly from ESPN) and it started with the Raiders. Talking heads just bash a team for trading away or letting go of star players without looking at the full picture. Mack and Cooper are great players, but the Raiders sucked both with them and without him, so why not trade them and use the draft capital to build a more well-rounded team? Now the Raiders have 4 picks in the first 35! That's a proper rebuild. 

The Giants moves haven't been as dramatic, but they held back from making a one-dimensional safety the highest paid player at his position, traded an under performing DE for an above average G and then traded a WR for three valuable assets. Yes the Giants need a QB, but I'm sure that's part of the plan. Howe can it not be, this is Eli's last year in NY regardless of what happens in the draft. So they either draft his successor this year and use Eli as a mentor (I like Daniel Jones in that scenario) or draft a slightly more talented player next year and give him the keys right away. In the mean time they're building other areas of the team so when the new QB arrives the cupboard isn't bare. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like the worst plan. The biggest mistake they made so far was signing OBJ and paying his bonus. Oh well, ish happens. 

This years moves have been on point. Mostly focused with the exception of Tate, and we discussed the reasons they may have grabbed him. 

They still will be teased for lack of talent but another good draft will fix that. Drafting will be especially key for NY. Last years was good but the few years before that were awful. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

BronxEagle?

Yeah I knew it started with a B. He went off on that tangent for quite a while before his ban. It's really funny to me now.

2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

This years moves have been on point. Mostly focused with the exception of Tate, and we discussed the reasons they may have grabbed him. 

They still will be teased for lack of talent but another good draft will fix that. Drafting will be especially key for NY. Last years was good but the few years before that were awful. 

Yeah I knew it started with a B. He went off on that tangent for quite a while before his ban. It's really funny to me now.

Yeah, that prediction didn't age well lol.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

BronxEagle?

Ha, no wasn't it Rich? He was always good for zinger at the Eagles expense. Bronx wouldn't have said that. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

Ha, no wasn't it Rich? He was always good for zinger at the Eagles expense. 

Yeah, he took his shots, but as a Giants fan, that's to be expected. Bronx went apeish after Chip was fired.