igglesfan2

planned get together before/after the London game?

Snared two great seats to the game in London and decided to make it a week long visit. But obviously the big focus is the Eagles game!!

Does anyone know of any planned Eagles fans events the night before or after the game in London, near Wembley or elsewhere?   I'm assuming the events that are part of the ridiculously expensive package deals are not open to others. Not looking for anything crazy, even just a bunch of crazy Eagles fans bending elbows in a pub... (I know there's a Philly cheesesteak themed place, but that seems an odd thing to do in London when we can do that every day here!!) And obviously it'll be easy to find impromptu partying around the stadium, just looking for something more organized...

Go birds!

green legion is selling their pregame party separate

definitely worth it as it includes unlimited Guinness ?

im interested in the halloween factor in london, should I wear a costume friday night out?

I'll be there, and would love to meet up before the game.  I'm staying in the center of the city, so will be taking the train from Moorgate station all the way in to Wembley.  Looks like a long ride, but we should try to fill up a whole car with rowdy Eagles fans!

Let me know if you find something happening or want to start something.

We are staying in Trafalgar Square but I haven't figured out which route we'll be taking to get to Wembley. I'm hoping there are places near the stadium to hang out before and after the game. I'd definitely be up for getting together with a bunch of Eagles fans in London!

We'd be interested in meeting up with people as long as it's a kid-acceptable place [in our experience, most pubs in London are pretty family-friendly].

And are we the only ones who will also be doing museums etc. on this trip? ?️?

I'd be up to meet other traveling Eagles fans before or after the game... From what I have been reading in other forum posts, it's best to hang out near the stadium for a while after the game before heading out of the area. Rail queues are said to be worse than the Broad Street line if you can believe that! 

I was thinking of hanging out at one of the convenient spots right at the stadium complex or across the street to the north, but I would actually prefer something  smaller scale, less swamped...

Does anyone know the Wembley area well enough to recommend a local pub where a group of happy Eagles fans can eat and meet and drink?
I did spot a place called Green Man Pub... how coincidental! 

An obvious place would be "Passyunk Ave" - it's a cheesesteak place just south of Regency Park.  Run by a Philly native, now in London.

They're hosting a HUGE watch party the day of, but maybe we could all meet there Saturday afternoon/evening? 

"Passyunk Ave"

80 Cleveland St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 6NE, UK

https://www.passyunk.co.uk

I also like the idea of the "Green Man Pub" after the game.

We are definitely planning to swing by the Green Man Pub after the game because the owner promised to buy me an ale! Very cool... And besides he said you'll stand in line forever waiting for a train if you leave right away. Better to bend few elbows while the crowds disperse. See other Iggles fans there hopefully! 

Not sure about Friday or Saturday yet... Let me know if anybody is planning anything specific for those days.