AlpineEagle

Week 1: Bears @ Packers

Talk about a quick trip from the penthouse to the outhouse...

At the end of the first half, the Bears were a Super Bowl contender.

Now they look like a 8-8 team at best.

4 minutes ago, Kalmyr said:

Thought it was #53. 

I thought they said it was Matthews, but I wasn't paying that close attention to who it was.

Just now, Cthulhu said:

NY should smack Dallas down next sunday

I think the Cowboys could steal that one. I don't think Dallas wins more than 6 games, but they could win an ugly one against the Giants. Flowers is pretty bad at OT and Dallas has a good DL.  The Giants are more talented, but Eli can wilt under a good pass rush.

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I thought they said it was Matthews, but I wasn't paying that close attention to who it was.

Perry if i remember correctly. 

7 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I think the Cowboys could steal that one. I don't think Dallas wins more than 6 games, but they could win an ugly one against the Giants. Flowers is pretty bad at OT and Dallas has a good DL.  The Giants are more talented, but Eli can wilt under a good pass rush.

Either way, an NFC East team loses.

It feels like the Packers always wins these close games on very low percentage plays. A WR on any other team would have been tackled shortly after the catch, but no it's the Packers, so incoming 75 yard TD. Just a few weeks ago I told my brother-in-law, who's a Packers fan, that they're the luckiest team when it comes to winning like this.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah what is it with that guy... I can't stand him either. 

Steelers fans love him though. They tell me they hope he never retires ...... Ben is really good but, never thought of him as a top 5 guy

Khalil Mack has this much impact as a DE: Chicago is now a wildcard contender.

By attrition, if the Vikes can’t take care of the QB, the Bears may go NFC-WC and play either LA or NO W18. That depends on Truby. But Mack will make it possible for Truby to play them into the hunt. That puts a lot more pressure on Truby to earn the franchise ticket.

The VIkings clown-car OL cannot keep Cousins clean, let alone protect a QB from the monsters coming his way. Cousins is probably hung out by W5, Trevor Siemian is probably done W11, and Kyle Sloter will try to survive to W16.

Looking at the whole season, Khalil Mack and da Bears are going to have a go at Wilson W2 (no OL needed), Sadford W3(weak OL), Brownbeard Fitzpatrick W4, then Tannehill W6(well-guarded), Tom Brady W7,(damn, that LT/LG side is weak now), Sam Darnold W8, Josh Allen W9(weak OL), Stafford W10 &12, Kirk Vikey W11(weak OL), Eli W13(weak OL), Jared Goof W14, A Rodgers againW15(weak OL?), Jimmy G W16, and Minnesota QB3-4 W17(weak OL).  Not a stretch to say Mack the Bear is crossing some franchises’ paths this year.

You can’t even use JAG players to double-team him. If you dare, you can trap him, ride him down by the stern, and just run away from him on the way to the play. Teams better lock up their china and rely on the run and bootleg pass game on Bears week.

17 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Steelers fans love him though. They tell me they hope he never retires ...... Ben is really good but, never thought of him as a top 5 guy

He's good but yeah I've never been as high on him as a lot are. And 3 INTs yesterday? Yikes. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's good but yeah I've never been as high on him as a lot are. And 3 INTs yesterday? Yikes. 

He tries to hard to be like Brady and Rodgers wanting to sling it all over the field all the time. 

31 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

He tries to hard to be like Brady and Rodgers wanting to sling it all over the field all the time. 

Thing is... If he's not slinging it then what can he bring? He's got a big arm and he's tough to bring down. But ultimately that buys time for him to end up slinging it. 

13 hours ago, krash said:

Talk about a quick trip from the penthouse to the outhouse...

At the end of the first half, the Bears were a Super Bowl contender.

Now they look like a 8-8 team at best.

Regardless, the Bears do look to be improved. Hopefully for them they can move on from this game and not dwell on giving up a huge lead to the Rodgers led Packers. To me this team can go as far as Trubisky takes them. The defense overall looks solid to great and a potential top 5 finisher. The offense has a steady run game with Howard, a change up player and mismatch guy in Cohen, a WR with great body control and hands in Robinson, and then Burton who I think is a servicable TE for them. I'm not overly familiar with their offensive line guys enough to comment.

At first I thought it was pretty foolish for them to trade for Mack and the picks they gave up, but I do think they will be better sooner rather than later. Unless Trubisky is a bust.. then this team will be in ruins for a long time.

having opened this for the first time today, it was funny reading the progression of the game when Mack was killing and Rodgers was dead to AR coming back out and winning the game :lol: