Don Corleone

REPORT: FA WR Corey Coleman released by Patriots

20 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Pass on Josh Gordon for obvious reasons. He can't help you win the Super Bowl if he's suspended. You're also assuming the Browns would take a low pick for him.

Have to hope he’s not going to get suspended again. It’s a risk however it’s not like the eagles don’t take risks when value is right.  If I’m giving up a 4-5th is the only way i would do it. I am doubting the browns could get anything more for him to be perfectly honest with that risk and he’s a rfa at the end of the year. Again not saying they are for sure trading him. Just a name that could be out there  that is worth look into depending on the price 

Frankly the name to watch for is Parker from the dolphins. He’s falling out of favor with the regime and the eagles have a history of dealing with the dolphins GM. And we had interest in him the year he came out 

He's been both hurt and on a bad team, but I'd say his upside is higher than Gibson's at this point.  I'd also rather him over Perriman.  This could be move for the future as it's not 100% that Aggy returns since he might want some big FA money, possibly more than the Eagles could afford.  Coleman could be an insurance policy there.  Honestly, I'd be surprised if he had much to offer this season, if they do sign him, but his ceiling is higher than Gibson, Carter and any of the other WRs on the PS.

19 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Thanks. Had no idea who he was regarding the trade

lol Neither did I. Even just looking at the info on the draft, it looks like the Eagles weren't involved at all, until you dig into it a little and see the history of the pick trades.

I'll take him. My BiL, who is from Cleveland and a huge Cleveland fan, was pissed when they traded him. I trust his opinion on it, because he was a WR at Toledo and played arena ball a couple seasons....you don't have to trust his opinion, I'm just saying there's a reason I do.

This could be a sign that maybe both Alshon and Mack are a few weeks away. I'm still a big Gibson guy, would like to see him get more chances than he did last week... Wouldn't hate having Coleman come in for competition, though. 

The question I have is what do you do with Carter? Does he get sent to the practice squad? Is that even possible after he's been on the active gameday roster? I really don't know all the PS rules.

Just now, nipples said:

This could be a sign that maybe both Alshon and Mack are a few weeks away. I'm still a big Gibson guy, would like to see him get more chances than he did last week... Wouldn't hate having Coleman come in for competition, though. 

The question I have is what do you do with Carter? Does he get sent to the practice squad? Is that even possible after he's been on the active gameday roster? I really don't know all the PS rules.

Well Hollins is out until after the bye week due to IR rules if they use that on him. They get two guys they can do that with. 

Jeffery i think it says might not be as close as we think. However the guys they are looking at are speed guys in coleman and perriman. Add on Gibson only had 4 offensive snaps to carter’s 53 it might reflect on Gibson (however looked good in the preseason). It could just be those are the ones they see as the best available. However it could mean they aren’t as happy with Gibson and the position in general. Why i mentioned some guys who could be available for trade the closer we get to the deadline that could help

1 hour ago, Jordan629 said:

I actually really hope they add him over Perriman. 

Me too.  My Dad is a Ravens fan.  All he talks about is how Perriman can't stay healthy and when he is, he can't catch. 

Just now, westcoast_cj said:

Me too.  My Dad is a Ravens fan.  All he talks about is how Perriman can't stay healthy and when he is, he can't catch. 

He has bad hands. It was a knock on him coming out of the draft. It’s not good when your hands are questioned coming into the nfl. These were his weaknesses coming out 

B753ADD2-B552-471B-AF36-041384C1B329.jpeg

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but is anyone else kinda creeped out that we're putting out a casting call for WRs one game into the season? Alshon, we knew about. Mack Hollins caught us off guard, but he wasn't gonna be our savior anyway. Why are we now deciding we need help versus a few months ago? 

This is concerning me a bit that they are kicking the tires on all these guys.     Seems to indicate that Jeffrey might be out longer than expected and Wallace isn't coming along as they hoped.    Other teams are going to figure out quickly if Agholor is the only one catching the ball.      

3 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but is anyone else kinda creeped out that we're putting out a casting call for WRs one game into the season? Alshon, we knew about. Mack Hollins caught us off guard, but he wasn't gonna be our savior anyway. Why are we now deciding we need help versus a few months ago? 

Yeah i kind of alluded to the fact i don’t think they are happy with the wr besides probably agholor. They had 1 catch of 10 yards last week. Gibson was outsnapped 53 to 4 by carter who’s been a journeyman wr. Wallace is going to need time. Hollins is out for a while and Jeffery maybe or maybe not be further away then we think  

like i said i wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an ajayi type of trade down the road if they are still unhappy. could be some options of some value that we like 

1 minute ago, snoopdogg88 said:

the sad reality is setting in that Mike Wallace isn't really that good anymore 

Too early too tell. So far doesn’t look good. However it didn’t look good with Torrey Smith last year either thru 4 games. 

Need jeffery back cause it sets everyone’s roles back in the spot they should be. 

100% would take a flyer on Coleman. Think the kid needs to get into a better situation. Plus itd be an absolutely hilarious troll of the Browns.

If I recall, and correct me if I'm wrong, but early in the season last year, nobody respected this team's long ball. Early on Wentz and Torrie couldn't connect (or Alshon for that matter). Then at some point they hit on a couple and things really started to open up. Nick underthrew Wallace on both of those throws the other evening. If he makes Wallace go after it, instead of coming back for it, I think it happens. Wallace and Nick need to get on the same page, which, IMO means Nick not underthrowing Wallace.

40 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Don't worry Lloyd. We have Mike Wallace.

55 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Well Hollins is out until after the bye week due to IR rules if they use that on him. They get two guys they can do that with. 

Jeffery i think it says might not be as close as we think. However the guys they are looking at are speed guys in coleman and perriman. Add on Gibson only had 4 offensive snaps to carter’s 53 it might reflect on Gibson (however looked good in the preseason). It could just be those are the ones they see as the best available. However it could mean they aren’t as happy with Gibson and the position in general. Why i mentioned some guys who could be available for trade the closer we get to the deadline that could help

Ah, so it does have to be after the BYE? Wasn't sure if there was a certain length of time they have to stay on IR before being pulled off.

EDIT: OK so he has to be on IR for 6 weeks, couldn't remember that detail

13 minutes ago, Irishshuck said:

Dez for cheap. There, I finally said it.

No. I'd rather roll out Thrash and Pinkston again than sign that cancer.

23 minutes ago, albertateal said:

Coleman had talent but has attitude problems. He just got over 3 million from the Bills for nothing. There is a risk unless he is cheap. 

I'd have an attitude problem too if I was wasting away in Cleveland only to then be sent to a team that may be even worse in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

By your logic the eagles wouldn’t sign ajayi as a free agent cause of the position he plays either so why would they trade a draft pick for him. Yet they did.

I can see you're either a kid or not the brightest bulb out there, so I'm not going to engage in an extended discussion with you.  If you can't see the difference between Jay Ajayi and Josh Gordon, you can't see.

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

Ah, so it does have to be after the BYE? Wasn't sure if there was a certain length of time they have to stay on IR before being pulled off.

EDIT: OK so he has to be on IR for 6 weeks, couldn't remember that detail

I thought it was 8 weeks to be honest. So if it’s six weeks He can come back after week 6 which would be week 7 vs. the panthers. I’m guessing if he doesn’t play week 7 he likely doesn’t play week 8 since the bye is right after and he gets a full 10 weeks of recovery 

55 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Final cutdowns just took place recently.  These players they're looking at weren't available before.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I thought it was 8 weeks to be honest. So if it’s six weeks He can come back after week 6 which would be week 7 vs. the panthers. I’m guessing if he doesn’t play week 7 he likely doesn’t play week 8 since the bye is right after and he gets a full 10 weeks of recovery 

Yeah you're right actually.

A player on injured reserve is eligible to return to practice if he has been on the IR list for at least six weeks from the date he was placed on IR. He is eligible to return to the active list if he has been on the IR list for at least eight weeks from the date he is placed on Injured Reserve.

So they can return to practice after 6 weeks, can't return to the active roster until 8.