Don Corleone

REPORT: FA WR Corey Coleman released by Patriots

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

I can see you're either a kid or not the brightest bulb out there, so I'm not going to engage in an extended discussion with you.  If you can't see the difference between Jay Ajayi and Josh Gordon, you can't see.

Lol riiight. If you can’t see a guy who was considered a locker room cancer with the dolphins and has bad knees as a risk with a 4th round pick like Gordon being suspended for off the field stuff but if your wr are really lacking can help you dramatically is a risk then clearly you aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed. They were both risk and if the value is right and your wr still underperforming a risk you potentially take  

Both would be guys who can help you win if you are lacking at a position for minimal cost of a 4th or 5th and both are considered high risk for their individual reasons. But hey being called a locker room cancer and having concerning knee issue isn’t a risk at all. So instead of trying to think you’re smarter than everyone else cause seen some of your brilliant posts on here. I’d not run my mouth about who’s smart and who isn’t . 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol riiight. If you can’t see a guy who was considered a locker room cancer with the dolphins and has bad knees as a risk with a 4th round pick like Gordon being suspended for off the field stuff is a risk then clearly you aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Both would be guys who can help you win if you are lacking at a position for minimal cost of a 4th or 5th. So instead of trying to think you’re smarter than everyone else cause seen some of your brilliant posts on here. I’d not run my mouth. 

Uh duh, yeah.  Guys with multiple suspensions for substance abuse are the exact same of a guy coach wants to get rid of because he's a "locker room cancer"  Why couldn't I get that?

doofus.jpg

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Uh duh, yeah.  Guys with multiple suspensions for substance abuse are the exact same of a guy coach wants to get rid of because he's a "locker room cancer"  Why couldn't I get that?

doofus.jpg

Yup cause giving up a 5th for a guy who potentially puts you over the top if wr corps is struggling at midseason is just too much of a risk especially when he’s getting paid next to nothing (790k and a rfa at year’s end so you could recover that pick). Not the 4th or fifth rounder that is way too risky. 

Again showing great brilliance here of worrying about a mid round pick for potentially a guy who can get you over the top and make you even more dangerous if your WRs are struggling. And he’s a rfa at the end of the year so you potentially could get that pick back. But hey that fourth or fifth round pick isn’t worth that potential that he balls out like a no. 1 wr and potentially for one season gets you to where you want to go and as a rfa brings you that pick back. could he get suspended again? yeah. just like ajayi's knees could give out at any moment and he could have disrupted a locker room based off the things you were hearing. so risk of getting suspended vs.  getting guy who may potentially have changed his life (played last 5 regular season games last year and so far this year hasnt gotten into any trouble, we have a locker room that can help keep his head on straight and get production. Yup clearly just too much risk that fourth or fifth rounder.

nothng like insulting people's intelligent or calling them a kid then using a lame picture trying to make a point... ?

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah i kind of alluded to the fact i don’t think they are happy with the wr besides probably agholor. They had 1 catch of 10 yards last week. Gibson was outsnapped 53 to 4 by carter who’s been a journeyman wr. Wallace is going to need time. Hollins is out for a while and Jeffery maybe or maybe not be further away then we think  

like i said i wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an ajayi type of trade down the road if they are still unhappy. could be some options of some value that we like 

I think Carter got the snaps because Doug felt he was better in the slot than Gibson.  They need to put Agholor back in the slot and Gibson outside, IMO.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

I think Carter got the snaps because Doug felt he was better in the slot than Gibson.  They need to put Agholor back in the slot and Gibson outside, IMO.

Don’t disagree agholor’s best suited for the slot. I said that when we drafted him. However 53 to 4 is a huge discrepancy. If it were somewhat closer i think you’d be 100 percent correct but 4 plays? That tells me they might not be as confident in Gibson as people on the boards are. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t disagree agholor’s best suited for the slot. I said that when we drafted him. However 53 to 4 is a huge discrepancy. If it were somewhat closer i think you’d be 100 percent correct but 4 plays? That tells me they might not be as confident in Gibson as people on the boards are. 

Both Gibson and Wallace arent' guys that are going to make a living working the middle.  Carter was willing to work the middle in preseason, but I don' t think he's a starter and he's a fringe player at best. The Eagles may need to go more 2 TEs to work the middle, but it makes the offense more predictable. Another possibility is that maybe Agholor wanted to play the outside and Doug let him.  

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Both Gibson and Wallace arent' guys that are going to make a living working the middle.  Carter was willing to work the middle in preseason, but I don' t think he's a starter and he's a fringe player at best. The Eagles may need to go more 2 TEs to work the middle, but it makes the offense more predictable. Another possibility is that maybe Agholor wanted to play the outside and Doug let him.  

I think the eagles have confidence in him now to play the outside. I think he’s a guy like a doug Baldwin where he’s mainly working the slot but at times you can get mismatches on the outside and utilize him when you do. (I think agholor has more athletic ability and speed than Baldwin, but right now Baldwin is the more polished receiver/finished product). 

Agree the two tight end formation makes them predictable. I thought the first half the offense was predictable 

4 hours ago, SinCityEaglesFan said:

Wonder if we're going to have to clear some cap space for his shoe collection.

:roll:   

Looks like they are trying different WR combinations in early season.  With injuries, they can't really use all the pieces and get to the best formations.  The injuries may take longer to recover, hence they need to bring in FAs.  With the right signing, that could also spell new ideas and formations.   Don't know much of Coleman's game and abilities.  If he is as good as guys here are saying, he can be a very nice addition.  That would settle the other outside WR position.  Agholor can just focus on the slot. 

And if he’s given a contract he’ll break his hand for a third time and we’ll be looking for another WR

2 hours ago, snoopdogg88 said:

the sad reality is setting in that Mike Wallace isn't really that good anymore 

That’s a pretty harsh judgment considering the small sample size.

Hard to believe they sign 3 WRs to the PS on the same day...and schedule workouts with 2-3 more WRs.  This is a shot across the bow to Mike Wallace.  He had a poor training camp and pre season then didn't catch a ball in the 1st game.  If he has a bad 2nd/3rd game he could be released.  Maybe they trade Gibson or release Wheaton.  All options have to be considered in play.  You can be sure a move is going to be made within a few weeks.

1 hour ago, weko said:

Hard to believe they sign 3 WRs to the PS on the same day...and schedule workouts with 2-3 more WRs.  This is a shot across the bow to Mike Wallace.  He had a poor training camp and pre season then didn't catch a ball in the 1st game.  If he has a bad 2nd/3rd game he could be released.  Maybe they trade Gibson or release Wheaton.  All options have to be considered in play.  You can be sure a move is going to be made within a few weeks.

Look, the opportunity came up with post-training camp cutdowns to upgrade the WR corps.  Why wouldn't the team take advantage of that?

6 hours ago, Hank_TheBody_Fraley said:

I'll take him. My BiL, who is from Cleveland and a huge Cleveland fan, was pissed when they traded him. I trust his opinion on it, because he was a WR at Toledo and played arena ball a couple seasons....you don't have to trust his opinion, I'm just saying there's a reason I do.

Hank Fraley just became a client of mine and I was a Rocket lol. Small world. UT had a lot of great WRs over the years. Moore, Hawkins, Page, Roberts, Ford... 

He’s here for a workout. Well know more soon enough. The scouting depo and gm already have done their diligence on him since he was a recent draft pick. So they’ve got all the info. Regardless of speculative statements about our current guys, they have said from the onset, that they are ALWAYS looking to upgrade the roster. No surprise, given he was a top guy, and can be on special teams as well. So, low risk high reward in simple terms here. 

Hahahaah... Wentz would be throwing to the 1st guy the Browns got in that trade with the Eagles... Hahahahahah.... roflmao.....

3 hours ago, morphius1281 said:

He’s here for a workout. Well know more soon enough. The scouting depo and gm already have done their diligence on him since he was a recent draft pick. So they’ve got all the info. Regardless of speculative statements about our current guys, they have said from the onset, that they are ALWAYS looking to upgrade the roster. No surprise, given he was a top guy, and can be on special teams as well. So, low risk high reward in simple terms here. 

I just want him here for pettiness reasons only.  If he ever scores a TD for us, hell any big play, I’m jumping on Browns message boards and being an a-hole. 

54 minutes ago, Jordan629 said:

I just want him here for pettiness reasons only.  If he ever scores a TD for us, hell any big play, I’m jumping on Browns message boards and being an a-hole. 

I literally said the same thing about pettiness after he was released by buffalo. Lol 

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I literally said the same thing about pettiness after he was released by buffalo. Lol 

Wouldn't be the only thing we have to throw at Browns fans either would it! :roll:

9 hours ago, Born_Green said:

And if he’s given a contract he’ll break his hand for a third time and we’ll be looking for another WR

I'm sure if any of these guys they are look at are given a contract it will be a low risk type of deal with minimal money involved. 

51 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'm sure if any of these guys they are look at are given a contract it will be a low risk type of deal with minimal money involved. 

Absolutely! I think in the case of Coleman it would be a PS type move. If not then it would be more with a view to next year and beyond rather than an immediate impact on the team.