Don Corleone

REPORT: FA WR Corey Coleman released by Patriots

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

The Pats are a pretty good judge of talent.  If they don't feel Brady can make him better after Brady's success with lesser name WRs, then that says something.

Coleman was cut by the Patriots on Monday, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

Coleman's time with the Patriots is over after less than one week, as New England now needs his roster spot in order to bring in Josh Gordon, who the team acquired in a trade with the Browns on Monday.

There are plenty of organizations around the league that could still use Coleman's help at receiver, though, so the 2016 first-rounder may not be out of work for long. Prior to signing with the Patriots, Coleman reportedly worked out for a number of teams, including the Cardinals and Eagles.

The move was only made to clear a spot for Gordon. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Maybe, but to be fair Agholor looked like he was in that category for his first 2 seasons. 

And he was right on time...

There was a "rule of thumb” that most rookie  WRs need 3 years of the NFL (in a system) to catch on. Some how we all stop using that rule and assumed the WR should be a Star year one. Smh

4 minutes ago, Brotha2thaNite said:

And he was right on time...

There was a "rule of thumb” that most rookie  WRs need 3 years of the NFL (in a system) to catch on. Some how we all stop using that rule and assumed the WR should be a Star year one. Smh

That's true.  I think Philly got lucky with both DJax (Who had an immediate impact starting his rookie year) and Maclin, who also did well early on.

51 minutes ago, judunno said:

Looks like Coleman is the only guy out there Washington kicking tires on Perriman and Michael Floyd.

I'd rather have Coleman of those 3. Hope Howie gets something done. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

I think it's pretty much imperative now that we get something done. Wallace and Hollins out for a good amount of period forces us. That's our #3 and #4 WR which includes our #1 deep threat. 

8 hours ago, nipples said:

Jordan Matthews at the facility. Guess we won't get anyone that actually moves the bar until teams are out of it. Hopefully we can get through to trade deadline and grab someone once teams are out of it... hopefully we're not one of those teams.

15 minutes ago, judunno said:

Jordan Matthews at the facility. Guess we won't get anyone that actually moves the bar until teams are out of it. Hopefully we can get through to trade deadline and grab someone once teams are out of it... hopefully we're not one of those teams.

I don't know, I was always a JMatt fan. Yes he dropped passes but also caught a lot and had great chemistry with Wentz. 

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

I don't know, I was always a JMatt fan. Yes he dropped passes but also caught a lot and had great chemistry with Wentz. 

So? He's a slot receiver when we have Ag. Why go back to someone who limits the offense like he did? He has suspect hands, can't get separation and doesn't stretch the field. So what really does he bring to his team that we don't have? 

54 minutes ago, nipples said:

He was marginal when he was here before... after injury I suspect he'll be a shell of even that.

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So? He's a slot receiver when we have Ag. Why go back to someone who limits the offense like he did? He has suspect hands, can't get separation and doesn't stretch the field. So what really does he bring to his team that we don't have? 

I'm guessing experience in the system. That's the only thing I can think of. Wouldn't take him long to get up to speed.

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

He was marginal when he was here before... after injury I suspect he'll be a shell of even that.

He did have an 85 catch 997 yard season with 8 TDs. I feel like people aren't giving him enough credit. He wasn't a great receiver here, but he was solid and Wentz trusted him.

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

He did have an 85 catch 997 yard season with 8 TDs. I feel like people aren't giving him enough credit. He wasn't a great receiver here, but he was solid and Wentz trusted him.

He's years removed from that though with major injury issues. There's a reason he doesn't have a job right now.

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

He's years removed from that though with major injury issues. There's a reason he doesn't have a job right now.

I'm not disputing that. That's why I said if he's healthy, he'll help.

But if we're using that logic, then unless there is some receiver out there available for trade that we are unaware of, the same could be said about ANY receiver they sign right now. All these free agents, Coleman included, are free agents for a reason.

Just now, nipples said:

I'm not disputing that. That's why I said if he's healthy, he'll help.

A warm body that just goes to the right place on every play helps at this point lol. Moving the bar enough to solve our WR needs and lack of play making not so much. Hopefully they turn to the TEs and RBs to help with this until some real options open up near trade deadline time and Alshon returns.