Don Corleone

REPORT: FA WR Corey Coleman released by Patriots

Damn. I just saw his butt get traded to buffalo over this weekend. HBO had a Hard Knocks marathon. 

Wonder if we're going to have to clear some cap space for his shoe collection.

Frankly if it is down to coleman or perriman I’d rather have coleman. Both have had injuries. Perriman at least had a competent qb in Flacco (who with solid WRs yesterday looked good). Coleman has had the dysfunctional browns and the garbage QBs the bills had. 

11 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

:lol: You really are fast Don.

nah...i scooped don on this one. :whistle:

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Free agent Corey Coleman visited the Patriots on Monday and will visit the Eagles on Tuesday.

Related: Patriots, Eagles

Sep 10 - 3:55 PM

:worthy:  :lol:    

When you consider the Wentz trade, it would be hilarious seeing him play well here if they pick him up. 

Just now, Jordan629 said:

When you consider the Wentz trade, it would be hilarious seeing him play well here if they pick him up. 

I mentioned the same thing when the bills released him. Would be the funniest thing ever. 

I had to go back and refresh my memory on how Coleman fit into the 2016 trade for the #2 spot. In case anyone else doesn't remember: We gave the Browns the #8 pick in the draft, which they traded to the Titans and got their #15 pick, which they used to pick Coleman.

I don’t know what WRs would be available for trade closer to the deadline, but the fact Gibson got only 4 snaps last week and we are looking at a ton of WRs kind of tells me they aren’t happy with the position. Possibly even with Jeffery coming back. We have a plethora of picks in the upcoming draft. Wouldn’t be shocked if the eagles pull a ajayi type of trade if there’s a wr they like. 

Couple guys i could see being made available devante Parker, josh Gordon (browns might be willing to take a draft pick if they are out of contention) and Tyrell Williams. 

I think Doug should put Agholor back in the slot and Gibson outside. Atlanta's defense is fast, so I wouldn't overreact to game 1.  Our offense was rusty and Atlanta's fast defense was a recipe for what ended up happening.  If Coleman impresses, then sign him.  But, I doubt Coleman is just going to come in here and light it up.

I refuse to believe that Coleman is poop.  He was just too good in college and has been in the NFL for 2 years with nothing but garbage for coaches and qbs.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly if it is down to coleman or perriman I’d rather have coleman. Both have had injuries. Perriman at least had a competent qb in Flacco (who with solid WRs yesterday looked good). Coleman has had the dysfunctional browns and the garbage QBs the bills had. 

Evaluate the WR, not the QB.  The QB ain't trying out for the Eagles.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Couple guys i could see being made available devante Parker, josh Gordon (browns might be willing to take a draft pick if they are out of contention) and Tyrell Williams. 

What makes you think the Eagles would give up a draft pick for Josh Gordon.  They wouldn't sign him if he were a FA, let a lone trade for him.

56 minutes ago, Procus said:

Evaluate the WR, not the QB.  The QB ain't trying out for the Eagles.

Yeah the difference is perriman had a competent qb throwing to him coleman hasn’t. And perriman has bad hands. 

Hard to look good when you have QBs the browns have that have been god awful. So yes qb makes a difference when you are comparing Flacco to garbage when showing off as a wr 

so maybe you don’t think qb plays a role then in how they look are regardless of qb. I guess why amendola was solid with New England and not heard of with the dolphins yesterday has nothing to do with qb. 

31 minutes ago, Procus said:

What makes you think the Eagles would give up a draft pick for Josh Gordon.  They wouldn't sign him if he were a FA, let a lone trade for him.

First he wasn’t a unrestricted free agent. He was restricted. So they weren’t going to give up the pick that high of a pick that the browns placed on him. 

Second if you are trying to win a super bowl and your wide receivers are failing you on the way and can add someone like Gordon for a relatively cheap draft pick now later in the season it makes sense. 

By your logic the eagles wouldn’t sign ajayi as a free agent cause of the position he plays either so why would they trade a draft pick for him. Yet they did. 

If you can get a talent of josh Gordon’s ability for an ajayi type of draft pick (4th) the eagles are more inclined to do it especially if Wallace and the rest of the corps is not producing. Again I’m not giving up anythrhinf higher than maybe a 4th or maybe a 5th. If they want more i say no way. But to say if the WR corps was not playing well and he became available for a reasonable price they’d have no interest is not true. 

Pass on Josh Gordon for obvious reasons. He can't help you win the Super Bowl if he's suspended. You're also assuming the Browns would take a low pick for him.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I had to go back and refresh my memory on how Coleman fit into the 2016 trade for the #2 spot. In case anyone else doesn't remember: We gave the Browns the #8 pick in the draft, which they traded to the Titans and got their #15 pick, which they used to pick Coleman.

Thanks. Had no idea who he was regarding the trade