AlpineEagle

Week 1: Jets @ Lions

After his pick 6 Darnold has been pretty impressive for being only 21 and his first ever start. Jets may finally have a QB 

3 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

After his pick 6 Darnold has been pretty impressive for being only 21 and his first ever start. Jets may finally have a QB 

It was fun to make fun of the jets for that one play. Now he he does look good lol. 

5 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Stafford looks like the rookie. 3 picks and this last one went for 6 

i dont know if you were in the gameday thread where i brought up stafford being more overrated than matt ryan. i still believe that. stafford was the no. 1 overall pick and he has more arm talent then ryan. i get he hasnt had the best  running game since he has come into the league nor the best defense. but he has also had megatron and good WRs. his 6- and like 50 something record against good teams is partially his team and partially him not elevating guys

i see stafford eventually being dealt by the lions closer to the end of his career going to a team that is a qb away

frankly i think both are overrated to be honest. just stafford to me has more talent that hes failed to live up too

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

from how they are checking stafford looks like a sternum injury

im surprised they didnt call the helmet rule on that

Yeah I have no idea what the refs are doing. They were throwing flags left and right all preseason for hits like that.  

Just now, manz2821 said:

Poor Lions. Now that we have a superbowl I feel sorry for them ?

i actually feel worse for browns fans. they love that team regardless of how good or bad they are. and their ownership has been horrible since coming back. plus the ravens have won twice since.

the lions have had talent they have just wasted it for years. dont get me wrong they have drafted some bad players in the past. the browns just continue to have dumb picks and screw over the fans

Not only are we fortunate to get a win in week 1, but we're also very fortunate to get out of week 1 with no major injuries in the game. Lot of injuries in week 1 it seems.

Punt return for a TD Jets. Up 3 TDs now.

im actually happy for bowles. i thought he got a raw deal here and the jets i thought were a dumpster fire when he took over. he seems to have his guys playing hard and found a qb.

I’m totally surprised that a former Bill Belichick assistant isn’t doing well as a head coach.  They’re always successful. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i actually feel worse for browns fans. they love that team regardless of how good or bad they are. and their ownership has been horrible since coming back. plus the ravens have won twice since.

the lions have had talent they have just wasted it for years. dont get me wrong they have drafted some bad players in the past. the browns just continue to have dumb picks and screw over the fans

I agree on the Browns as well but these lions just have been really unlucky on the field.