AlpineEagle

Week 1: Jets @ Lions

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

All you need to know about this game is written all over their faces...

Lions.thumb.jpg.d01c505f125cf2243a2150e17e75fae5.jpg

Lions actually may be worse then the Browns if you look at their whole team history. 

Somewhere right now BB is smiling.  I laughed too when I found out they hired him.  He won't make it out of October... lol

4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Lions fans are going to file a petition to fire Patricia after this game

827B0B9A-E6D9-4AAD-8D31-9FC25A2DC28B.jpeg

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i think todd bowles deserves credit for being a good defensive mind. when he has had some defensive talent he always gets the most out of it since he left us.

who is the jets OC?

Jeremy Bates. 

Bowles didn't get a fair shot here at all that whole season was disaster

Hey, remember when Darnold threw a pick 6 on his first career pass?

That's the Lions highlight of the game thus far.

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Jeremy Bates. 

Bowles didn't get a fair shot here at all that whole season was disaster

i actually hated that we didnt keep him on as DC when that season went to crap. i dont blame him for taking the job elsewhere.

doing a fantastic job with his play calling and darnold especially after that first play

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hey, remember when Darnold threw a pick 6 on his first career pass?

That's the Lions highlight of the game thus far.

give credit to darnold. takes a lot for that to happen then the rest of the game look like a pro. i remember at the 2017 combine adam schefter was on the radio saying a ton of GMs wanted to wait on darnold the following draft cause they felt like he had andrew luck type of talent. his season at usc like watson got nitpicked to the point where it made his stock drop

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

What the record for shortest HC tenure? Not including interim coaches.

As far as getting fired, I don't know, but back in 2007, the guy Atlanta hired quit after 6 or 7 games I believe, (name slips my mind).

Belichick as the Jets coach would be shorter at 1 day if you don't count actually coaching in a game.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

As far as getting fired, I don't know, but back in 2007, the guy Atlanta hired quit after 6 or 7 games I believe, (name slips my mind).

Belichick as the Jets coach would be shorter at 1 day if you don't count actually coaching in a game.

was it petrino?

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

What the record for shortest HC tenure? Not including interim coaches.

Bill Belichick? I know he was the hc for a day

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Petrino. He is a dbag. Then he got in trouble in Arkansas for having relations with an intern or something

1 minute ago, westcoast_cj said:

I hope they switch to the Rams/Raiders game soon.  This is brutal. 

I hope so. I'm curious about Wittens commentary

I know it is week one, so far too early to overreact, but...

I always questioned how good of a coach Patricia actually is. BB is the defensive mastermind in New England. Same reason I was skeptical about McDermott, because to me that was Rivera's D.

Just now, nipples said:

I know it is week one, so far too early to overreact, but...

I always questioned how good of a coach Patricia actually is. BB is the defensive mastermind in New England. Same reason I was skeptical about McDermott, because to me that was Rivera's D.

hard to know, cause you couldve said andy reid was the mastermind behind the chiefs offense as well when we hired doug pederson.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

hard to know, cause you couldve said andy reid was the mastermind behind the chiefs offense as well when we hired doug pederson.

Oh I get that, which is why I thought DP was a risk. I wasn't crying about it like some, I was willing to give him a chance, but coordinators coming from a team with a head coach who is known as a great coach on the same side of the ball always makes me hesitant. 

Just now, nipples said:

Oh I get that, which is why I thought DP was a risk. I wasn't crying about it like some, I was willing to give him a chance, but coordinators coming from a team with a head coach who is known as a great coach on the same side of the ball always makes me hesitant. 

honest question how many times was a head coach was hired from the side of the ball where the head coach didnt play a huge influence? pat shurmur this year is about the only one i can think of.

Just now, Dawkins 20 said:

Just like we all predicted. 

you just know next week there is going to be a huge letdown game for both. more so for the jets cause they are a young team