Happyfoosball

All those people that said Kirk Cousins sucks are gonna get real quiet now.

But I thought the Vikings offense was revitalized after firing DeFilippo?! Even in the game that the Vikings scored over 40 points, Cousins barely had over 200 yards passing.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:02 PM, CaliEagle said:

I don't think Kirk Cousins teammates are going to put up with him calling them out on live tv. Theilen and Cook are both important pieces on offense and Cousins was basically calling them out about their route running on TV with his animated tirade on the sidelines.  I'm not sure how Cousins contract is structured, but they are probably already regretting it now that they didn't make the playoffs.  

Three years fully guaranteed.  The Vikes are stuck with him for two more years. 

wonder why he doesn't get 1/2 the heat Romo got for lack of playoff success, he is a higher draft pick and makes a hell of a lot more money....

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

wonder why he doesn't get 1/2 the heat Romo got for lack of playoff success, he is a higher draft pick and makes a hell of a lot more money....

There's a bigger spotlight on the Cowboys, in part, because of the crypt keeper.

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

Well.... You do have that whole America's team thing going on lol. 

11 hours ago, Havenless said:

Kirk Cousins sucks.

Fun fact! For about 10 minutes Kirk Cousins was the highest paid player in NFL history on a per season basis. The Matt Ryan surpassed him only for Aaron Rodgers to take the crown which he currently owns.

All three had woefully disappointing seasons and missed the playoffs. Average out his bonuses and salaries over a per game basis, and they paid him about 2 million dollars to stink up the joint against the Bears today. He had 80 total passing yards in the first half.

Yeah. It scares me giving these large contracts to QBs. It hampers the other pieces. You just have to draft really well if you spend so much $$ on the QB. I mean look at the Colts. They hit the jackpot with Nelson and Leonard and that's a big part they made the playoffs this year.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There's a bigger spotlight on the Cowboys, in part, because of the crypt keeper.

Yup, that’s why playing QB in Dallas is harder than playing anywhere else from a criticism standpoint....Aikman won 3 rings and got boo’d late in his career.

4 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Yup, that’s why playing QB in Dallas is harder than playing anywhere else from a criticism standpoint....Aikman won 3 rings and got boo’d late in his career.

I don't know if it's the hardest place, but it's in the top 3. I think New York and Philadelphia both have pretty tough media markets also.

The Wentz/Foles debate is a current example in Philadelphia. Carson Wentz, by all rights, should have been league MVP last season (even with the injury and final 3 games missed). This season, people want to trade him.

Of course, that really has more to do with Nick Foles than it does Carson Wentz. So that's a bit of a special situation.

And in 2016 they came to the Linc 5-0 and looking unbeatable. Then we took em behind the woodshed. They were exposed and finished the season going 3-7 in their last 10. 

So you can make an argument for 3 straight years :lol:

4 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

If memory serves me correctly Cousins, Foles and Wilson were all picked in the 3rd rd of the 2012 draft. He is the only one to yet win a SB. Foles isn't even the starter for the Eagles on a daily basis . I'm not sure if he was picked ahead of Wilson that year but I do know he was picked ahead of Foles. 

Having spent 17 yrs living in Va.I got to see quite a bit of Cousins over the years,once he was inserted as the starting QB...and he never really impressed me . 

I never understood why the Vikings thought he was worth so much money. Because he never seemed to raise his level of play when it counted most in games.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know if it's the hardest place, but it's in the top 3. I think New York and Philadelphia both have pretty tough media markets also.

The Wentz/Foles debate is a current example in Philadelphia. Carson Wentz, by all rights, should have been league MVP last season (even with the injury and final 3 games missed). This season, people want to trade him.

Of course, that really has more to do with Nick Foles than it does Carson Wentz. So that's a bit of a special situation.

It’s definitely harder, not because of the local markets, philly and NY are tougher on their players mainly because they are more passionate 

what makes Dalllas tougher is the national media. Wentz has had bad games....nationally it barely gets a mention, same with Mcnabb...but let Romo or Dak have a bad game and it leads sportscemter for 2-3 days with 50 panels discussing rather they were holding the team back..

In retrospect; fair to say those people certainly did get quiet.  Who knows how long it's gonna take them to recover from their diaphragms collapsing after having laughed non-stop for over 24 hours.   Not Millen-esque, but serious medical stuff going on there.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:19 PM, Happyfoosball said:

It's a 16 game season.  I'm sure barring injuries he'll have a good year over and all and come playoff time the Vikings will be a team to contend with.  If they aren't I will be very surprised. 

Guess you are very surprised huh ...or not.

20 minutes ago, back2nj said:

If memory serves me correctly Cousins, Foles and Wilson were all picked in the 3rd rd of the 2012 draft. He is the only one to yet win a SB. Foles isn't even the starter for the Eagles on a daily basis . I'm not sure if he was picked ahead of Wilson that year but I do know he was picked ahead of Foles. 

Having spent 17 yrs living in Va.I got to see quite a bit of Cousins over the years,once he was inserted as the starting QB...and he never really impressed me . 

I never understood why the Vikings thought he was worth so much money. Because he never seemed to raise his level of play when it counted most in games.

Wilson (3rd round, #75) was picked ahead of Foles (3rd round, #88) and Cousins (4th round, #102). Reid wanted Wilson, but Seahawks took him before Eagles could. Seeing what has happened since then, it was a good thing Eagles, particularly Reid, didn't get their way that day. Reid likely would have stayed years after 2012 and possibly still be slightly above mediocre without a Super Bowl (not saying Reid is horrible)

9 minutes ago, back2nj said:

Guess you are very surprised huh ...or not.

I'm not really surprised. Cousins had these meltdowns throughout his career as starting QB. I was pretty confident Eagles would make Playoffs.

31 minutes ago, back2nj said:

Kirk was a 4th rounder

On 12/30/2018 at 4:46 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This is the thing. I've argued with my friend for a long time that he's average. He's not terrible. He's not even bad. But he's average. And he got paid big! And that's where the mistake was. He posts nice stats but you need your QB to deliver big wins. Coupons doesn't do that. 

Someone I know is making excuses for Cousins, saying it's not all his fault. This person says there 21 other players on field that play with him. And coach takes blame as well.

On 9/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, Happyfoosball said:

Now that he's on a real team, he's finally showing what he can do.   I'd like to personally thank Dan Snyder for making his stay in Washington a non issue for us.

Foos, need to eat some humble pie. Cousins is a mediocre QB. He proved it this year.

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yes and no.  Don't discount the A-hole factor of Eagles fans notwithstanding Foles' play.

8 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

It’s definitely harder, not because of the local markets, philly and NY are tougher on their players mainly because they are more passionate 

what makes Dalllas tougher is the national media. Wentz has had bad games....nationally it barely gets a mention, same with Mcnabb...but let Romo or Dak have a bad game and it leads sportscemter for 2-3 days with 50 panels discussing rather they were holding the team back..

Actually, Wentz' bad games have been few and far between.

3 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Someone I know is making excuses for Cousins, saying it's not all his fault. This person says there 21 other players on field that play with him. And coach takes blame as well.

And that's actually kind of true. It's not all on Kirk but he can't play for two different teams, two pretty good teams and have that bad a record against teams with a winning record and it not be mostly on him. He's a choker that's what he is. 

9 hours ago, Procus said:

Actually, Wentz' bad games have been few and far between.

So we’re Romo’s, the national media cares pays far more attention to Dallas and their players. Opposing fans always complain that Dallas players get overhyped...and they do for that reason. But  It’s a double edged sword though....have a bad game and criticism is much more intense as well.