Happyfoosball

All those people that said Kirk Cousins sucks are gonna get real quiet now.

20 hours ago, Procus said:

Actually, Wentz' bad games have been few and far between.

I wouldn't say he really has "bad" games. His stats always look pretty good but there's been a lot of times this year where even though he piled up his yards, the offense was fairly ineffective.

I don’t remember a lot of talking heads making a huge deal about bad regular season games for romo, however during his tenure they were largely irrelevant. However Dak gets more scrutiny not because he’s the cowboys QB but because he was the  rookie of the year and people talked about him being the next great QB and he’s a 4th round pick. Lots of talking heads over looking the fact that Elliot is the only reason his QB win/loss is >.500

Deadspin nailed the perfect description of Kirk Cousins

The Vikings, who the Eagles violently dismantled en route to a Super Bowl win last season, looked nearly as lifeless against a stout Bears defense, falling 24-10. Intense weenie Kirk Cousins just couldn’t find his top wideouts for large enough chunks of yardage, with the backsliding Adam Thielen corralling just three of four targets for 38 yards. It’s a game that will probably be remembered more for Cousins lecturing his star players on the sidelines than for producing any meaningful result. 

:lol: 

This thread is like a fine wine - it gets better with age.

9 hours ago, paco said:

The Vikings, who the Eagles violently dismantled en route to a Super Bowl win last season, looked nearly as lifeless against a stout Bears defense, falling 24-10. Intense weenie Kirk Cousins just couldn’t find his top wideouts for large enough chunks of yardage, with the backsliding Adam Thielen corralling just three of four targets for 38 yards. It’s a game that will probably be remembered more for Cousins lecturing his star players on the sidelines than for producing any meaningful result. 

Absolutely true. Cousins looked like an utter **** the way he handled that. I know Brady can get in his teammates face, but I never saw Brady do all sorts of obnoxious hand gestures about the "proper" way of running routes.

58 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Absolutely true. Cousins looked like an utter **** the way he handled that. I know Brady can get in his teammates face, but I never saw Brady do all sorts of obnoxious hand gestures about the "proper" way of running routes.

Did you ever see this?  I think it was a charity flag football thing or something:

cousinsshove_2417.gif

cousinsshove2_2417.gif

Edit: It was.  

2 hours ago, Procus said:

This thread is like a fine wine - it gets better with age.

Kirk Cousins is the next Brees doesnt get enough ridicule, IMO

On 12/30/2018 at 4:46 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This is the thing. I've argued with my friend for a long time that he's average. He's not terrible. He's not even bad. But he's average. And he got paid big! And that's where the mistake was. He posts nice stats but you need your QB to deliver big wins. Coupons doesn't do that. 

What team is that friend a fan of?

1 minute ago, gameshowfan91 said:

What team is that friend a fan of?

He's a SF fan and he said before they traded for Jimmg G that he would have happily had Coupons. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's a SF fan and he said before they traded for Jimmg G that he would have happily had Coupons. 

:roll: Jimmy G can easily be better than Cousins. We know what Cousins is. Was he disappointed 49ers traded for Garopollo instead of getting Cousins?

4 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

:roll: Jimmy G can easily be better than Cousins. We know what Cousins is. Was he disappointed 49ers traded for Garopollo instead of getting Cousins?

No no he wasn't disappointed... He just liked Coupons. Said he was worth the big money and that he would take the Vikings to the next level when they signed him. 

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

How many people/teams liked Cousins better than Foles on draft day?

i might as well own this. hell, i didn’t even know who Nick Foles was. 

On 1/1/2019 at 12:53 AM, McMarc said:

Foos, need to eat some humble pie. Cousins is a mediocre QB. He proved it this year.

Read back.  I ate a whole bird weeks ago.   I can't believe I thought he was something other than a choke artist. 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, NCTANK said:

i might as well own this. hell, i didn’t even know who Nick Foles was. 

Were either of them highly rated though?

5 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Were either of them highly rated though?

For some reason, the board added the Cousins profile to the bottom of the Foles profile, and I couldn't edit it out. So that's why Cousins is on there twice.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-foles?id=2532842

Nick Foles

QB  Arizona

Photo of Nick Foles

Grade

Overview

Foles has been a productive signal caller for Arizona over three years as a starter and has the arm strength and size that garners first-day consideration for teams looking to fill a void at quarterback. He is a mechanically sound passer who has a solid release. In a different year, it's possible that Foles could be vying for the top quarterback spot; he is hit with hard luck by being in the middle of a quarterback-laden class. He is a big-time leader who rarely gets rattled. Foles' athletic ability will be a concern to some, and while he is projected as more of a "game manager" type, his skill set comes together nicely so he should be at least a serviceable starter at the next level. If teams can fall in love with his arm strength, he could be selected as early as the second round to develop and become an eventual starter.

Analysis

Strengths

Foles has a strong arm that gets him through various other hitches in his game. There are times when Foles throws the deep, cross-field out-route while on his back foot (and facing pressure) accurately and with ease. While not the most athletic quarterback, he is aware in the pocket to avoid pressure and has a good sense of how and when to extend a play to his advantage. As a deep passer he has strength but can struggle with accuracy at times. His accuracy is evident in his short to intermediate throws, where he can put it right on a receiver or lead him fluidly in stride. He would be more valuable in a West Coast scheme where could make quick decisions and not be forced to unleash deep throws on a consistent basis. He is an excellent game manager for moving the ball in bunches up the field. He is extremely poised in the pocket and rarely lets a heavy pass rush rattle his throws.

Weaknesses

Mobility has been the Achilles heel for Foles and will likely continue to be exposed even more at the next level. He is solely a pocket passer and hardly ever moves the chains with his feet. He has the ability to extend, but he is not going to out-run any defenders at the next level. This can sometimes effect his set-up, as it can be uncoordinated at times, although rarely affects his actual pass. There are times when the ball can get away from him when throwing deep, and he has struggled with accuracy there. His release is sufficient but not fast by any means. His judgment with the ball is somewhat questioned, as he can be slow to get rid of the ball and scramble into trouble.

Here's Cousins' profile

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kirk-cousins?id=2532820

Kirk Cousins

QB  Michigan St.

Photo of Kirk Cousins

Grade

Overview

Cousins was a three-year starter, as well as a rare three-year captain, at Michigan State. He is a self-made guy, a tireless worker who has deficiencies that could hurt his pro potential. He is not a very strong deep thrower; while his velocity is adequate, his accuracy when throwing deep is questionable. Ultimately, Cousins is a guy who could get drafted based on his experience and intangibles, and will need to put on size and fine-tune certain throwing deficiencies to catch on at the next level. Based on the production and leadership at Michigan State, Cousins has late-round value to a team looking for someone to compete for a backup role.

Analysis

Strengths

Cousins has all the intangibles necessary for an NFL quarterback and has been a productive three-year starter. The fact that he was a three-year captain will be highly regarded by NFL general managers. He is an accurate and safe thrower who knows how to pick his spots. He is a good athlete who can make plays on the run, but is not going to run past many NFL defenders. A safe pick as a backup option.

Weaknesses

Cousins is widely considered to be a game manager type at the next level. He makes good decisions with the ball but has not shown he can make the flash plays to move the offense and win games for his team at the next level. He will need talent around him to succeed, which limits his value.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kirk-cousins?id=2532820

Kirk Cousins

QB  Michigan St.

Photo of Kirk Cousins

Grade

Overview

Cousins was a three-year starter, as well as a rare three-year captain, at Michigan State. He is a self-made guy, a tireless worker who has deficiencies that could hurt his pro potential. He is not a very strong deep thrower; while his velocity is adequate, his accuracy when throwing deep is questionable. Ultimately, Cousins is a guy who could get drafted based on his experience and intangibles, and will need to put on size and fine-tune certain throwing deficiencies to catch on at the next level. Based on the production and leadership at Michigan State, Cousins has late-round value to a team looking for someone to compete for a backup role.

Analysis

Strengths

Cousins has all the intangibles necessary for an NFL quarterback and has been a productive three-year starter. The fact that he was a three-year captain will be highly regarded by NFL general managers. He is an accurate and safe thrower who knows how to pick his spots. He is a good athlete who can make plays on the run, but is not going to run past many NFL defenders. A safe pick as a backup option.

Weaknesses

Cousins is widely considered to be a game manager type at the next level. He makes good decisions with the ball but has not shown he can make the flash plays to move the offense and win games for his team at the next level. He will need talent around him to succeed, which limits his value.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Analysis

Strengths

Weaknesses

Well what do you know... Some scouts do know what they are talking about. 

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

QB  Arizona

Photo of Nick Foles

Grade

Overview

Foles has been a productive signal caller for Arizona over three years as a starter and has the arm strength and size that garners first-day consideration for teams looking to fill a void at quarterback. He is a mechanically sound passer who has a solid release. In a different year, it's possible that Foles could be vying for the top quarterback spot; he is hit with hard luck by being in the middle of a quarterback-laden class. He is a big-time leader who rarely gets rattled. Foles' athletic ability will be a concern to some, and while he is projected as more of a "game manager" type, his skill set comes together nicely so he should be at least a serviceable starter at the next level. If teams can fall in love with his arm strength, he could be selected as early as the second round to develop and become an eventual starter.

This is oddly too accurate and spot on. I feel like someone went back and revised his draft profile because this is just way to perfect of a description of Foles.