Happyfoosball

All those people that said Kirk Cousins sucks are gonna get real quiet now.

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well what do you know... Some scouts do know what they are talking about. 

Yea that Cousins profile is pretty accurate too. I need to look at the draft profile for guys coming out this year.

3 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

This is oddly too accurate and spot on. I feel like someone went back and revised his draft profile because this is just way to perfect of a description of Foles.

Here's the archived copy of the article from February 29th, 2012 (on Archive.org):

https://web.archive.org/web/20120229211536/http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-foles?id=2532842

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Here's the archived copy of the article from February 29th, 2012 (on Archive.org):

https://web.archive.org/web/20120229211536/http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-foles?id=2532842

Well damn, I can't dispute that lol.

12 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Yea that Cousins profile is pretty accurate too. I need to look at the draft profile for guys coming out this year.

To be honest I didn't look at the Foles profile. I just looked at Cousins and it's spot on. 

On 9/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, Happyfoosball said:

Now that he's on a real team, he's finally showing what he can do.   I'd like to personally thank Dan Snyder for making his stay in Washington a non issue for us.

ha

NFL scouting and personnel departments are usually very accurate withe their assesments.

It's when a player gets drafted, handed over to some bonehead HC with a questionable OC and a QB coach with no QBing experience.....the they all get fired and the next batch comes in with all new systems.   The idiotic GM who hired the first lousy HC, now thinks the QB isn't worth keeping so another young QB gets f------.

Foles get f------ by chip kelly and jeff fisher.  Cousins had some really good OCs and QB coaches which developed him into a pretty good QB, and he cashed in with minnesota.  the one thing cousins never got better at is performing under high pressure.....minnesota never considered that when they handed him a fortune.....

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

NFL scouting and personnel departments are usually very accurate withe their assesments.

It's when a player gets drafted, handed over to some bonehead HC with a questionable OC and a QB coach with no QBing experience.....the they all get fired and the next batch comes in with all new systems.   The idiotic GM who hired the first lousy HC, now thinks the QB isn't worth keeping so another young QB gets f------.

Foles get f------ by chip kelly and jeff fisher.  Cousins had some really good OCs and QB coaches which developed him into a pretty good QB, and he cashed in with minnesota.  the one thing cousins never got better at is performing under high pressure.....minnesota never considered that when they handed him a fortune.....

I saw that when he was with Redskins. Only reason why he got Redskins to Playoffs in 2015 was because of Chip Kelly being a moron. Cousins have only come through once because players quit on a coach (Chip); even then, Cousins' team lost in Playoffs. 

giphy.gif

Also

Cousins’s 17 turnovers were the third-most among NFL quarterbacks last season, and his eight turnovers in fourth-quarter or overtime situations tied for the league lead. He also was unable to complete any second-half rallies, going 0-7-1 with the Vikings when tied or trailing after two quarters."

On 1/5/2019 at 8:57 AM, Happyfoosball said:

Were either of them highly rated though?

Foles was projected to be a higher pick had he been coming out in a different years draft (as the scouting report posted suggested). His lack of athleticism was also a concern . Which led many teams to  pass on him. 

This YouTuber is even saying Cousins is better than Foles, which he ain't. If Cousins was so good, why did Redskins let him go? Some funny stuff. Looks like people still use Jeff Fisher year against Foles.

This is too funny. :roll::roll:

51 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

This YouTuber is even saying Cousins is better than Foles, which he ain't. If Cousins was so good, why did Redskins let him go? Some funny stuff. Looks like people still use Jeff Fisher year against Foles.

This is too funny. :roll::roll:

People have great jokes!! Cousins is an overpaid clown. Thank you Minnesota for ruining yourselves for that guy. 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, back2nj said:

Foles was projected to be a higher pick had he been coming out in a different years draft (as the scouting report posted suggested). His lack of athleticism was also a concern . Which led many teams to  pass on him. 

Foolish concern concidering he was a pretty good basketball player.  

Funny that his athleticism played a huge role in foles getting a ring and a super bowl mvp award

Preconceived perceptions can be disceiving ...which it certainly was in Fole's case.   And unfortunately there are scouts, GM's and coaches that refuse to take some  other sports abilities to play it. into consideration when making decisions.

Edited by back2nj

On 9/16/2018 at 2:32 PM, Happyfoosball said:

Now that he's on a real team, he's finally showing what he can do.   I'd like to personally thank Dan Snyder for making his stay in Washington a non issue for us.

:nonono:

On 9/16/2018 at 2:32 PM, Happyfoosball said:

Even he wasn't stupid enough to give Cousins contract Vikings gave him.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:54 PM, Procus said:

This thread never gets old

Neither does this video (funny): 

Someone in comments tried to say that Cousins did awesome in 2015. Yeah, it was easy to beat a team (Eagles) that quits on their coach (Chip Kelly). Plus, Romo got hurt. Easy to get to Playoffs with those lucky breaks. Then they get beat by Packers led by an actual great QB (A. Rodgers). Then in 2016 and 2018, he choked in games where a win gets his team to Playoffs (his opponents had nothing to play for). Only way Cousins would have gotten his team to Playoffs is if Eagles would have quit on Pederson after Saints game or after trailing 19-3 against Giants like they did with Chip in 2015. It's funny excuses they make for Cousins: in 2016, their defense gets blamed when they held Giants to 13 points (TD would have gotten Redskins win), in 2018 John Deflippo gets blamed for Cousins sucking (Carr and Foles played well under him).

On 1/5/2019 at 6:52 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

This is oddly too accurate and spot on. I feel like someone went back and revised his draft profile because this is just way to perfect of a description of Foles.

He really did improve his deep accuaracy as a pro though. He still has games here and there  where the deep passes  gets way a bit but I think all guys have that. But he can go on runs where he is dropping the deep balls in buckets.