Happyfoosball

All those people that said Kirk Cousins sucks are gonna get real quiet now.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, back2nj said:

As long as there is plenty of time in the game...he is able to play fairly  calm/well. But as time  is expiring and the game is on the line, he lets the pressure get to him. Winds up making the mistake that cost them the game.

Exactly. He has always been able to put up pretty numbers. He also seems to choke when he is most needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mihailo said:

Exactly. He has always been able to put up pretty numbers. He also seems to choke when he is most needed. 

that was his problem is Washington .... guy still screwing up clock not clocking it , so much wasted time .  THen of course signature int or fumble to seal deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cousins is the same guy in Minny as he was in Washington...……….he will put up great fantasy numbers, but his record against teams with winning records is horrible.  Through one quarter of the season with Cousins at the helm the Vikings are the most disappointing team in the NFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He finally has people to make him look good.

 

 

Of course I'm talking about Jalen Mills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 8:05 PM, bears6385 said:

Cousins is the same guy in Minny as he was in Washington...……….he will put up great fantasy numbers, but his record against teams with winning records is horrible.  Through one quarter of the season with Cousins at the helm the Vikings are the most disappointing team in the NFC.

He isn't even putting up great fantasy numbers.... I should know I've had him on my bench for the last 5 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirk Cousins does what he does best: choke in big games like he did last night. For first place in NFC North. He would have also lost Packers game if not for a stupid RTP penalty. Redskins were smart to not give Cousins big money. Vikings might have been better off keeping Case Keenum. Got them a 13-3 record and a NFC Championship appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dutchman063 said:

lol@ this thread, Kirk sucks and Vikings paid for a bentley and got a Kia

Thank you! Someone else on the same page as me. What's his record this year against teams with a winning record? 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, I'm not laying the Vikes season at the feet of Cousins.  The Vikes correctly diagnosed that if they wanted Qb play at the level Keenum gave them last year, they should sign Cousins instead.  The Vikings are mediocre because the O-Line is bad and the defense is suddenly brutally average.

 

Look at the NFC as it stands right now.  Rodgers, Ryan, Wilson & Wentz are all bona fide top 10-12 Qb's on the outside looking in for the playoffs.  Kirk Cousins is currently holding the 6th seed.  Point is, having a Qb is not enough in the NFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never really felt like I needed to eat crow before.  I always felt either I was right about things or something happened like injuries or some crap or something.  This is the first time I feel like some BBQ and some bird because I am now with every one else in this thread.  Kirk Cousins is a bum.  He's just a freaking loser at the end of the games and he'll never change.  No matter how good his team is.  So guys, I was wrong, you were right.  #EatingDatBird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in March we had a "Cousins is the next Drew Brees" thread.  My take back then: 

On 3/15/2018 at 12:56 PM, paco said:

This is a bit ridiculous.  Cousins is wildly average.  Doesn't have a big arm, can't make all the throws and is really limited to what he can do with his legs.

 

Will he get 10-12 wins next year, better than he did any year in Washington?  Given the weapons he has (an actual running game and legit receivers) backed by a solid defense, I'd say that's a good bet.  But they will be the ones making him look good, not the other way around a guy like Brees, Rodgers, or Roethlisberger can.

 

 

Now we have this thread and not much has changed.  Why do people keep wanting to make Kirk Cousins happen.  It's not going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I've never really felt like I needed to eat crow before.  I always felt either I was right about things or something happened like injuries or some crap or something.  This is the first time I feel like some BBQ and some bird because I am now with every one else in this thread.  Kirk Cousins is a bum.  He's just a freaking loser at the end of the games and he'll never change.  No matter how good his team is.  So guys, I was wrong, you were right.  #EatingDatBird

Everyone remembers his "you like that" catch phrase. No one remembers it was after they had to rally to beat a Tampa Bay team that went. 6-10 that year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I've never really felt like I needed to eat crow before.  I always felt either I was right about things or something happened like injuries or some crap or something.  This is the first time I feel like some BBQ and some bird because I am now with every one else in this thread.  Kirk Cousins is a bum.  He's just a freaking loser at the end of the games and he'll never change.  No matter how good his team is.  So guys, I was wrong, you were right.  #EatingDatBird

You don't belong here if you're gonna admit to being wrong lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:44 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thank you! Someone else on the same page as me. What's his record this year against teams with a winning record? 😊

So far 0-3 with a loss to the Bills as well.    Cousins and the Vikes could be 0-3 over the next three weeks with the Pack at home and the Pats and Seahawks on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bears6385 said:

So far 0-3 with a loss to the Bills as well.    Cousins and the Vikes could be 0-3 over the next three weeks with the Pack at home and the Pats and Seahawks on the road.

So all in all... What a good investment by the Vikings! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

It's Cousins I had too.  He is the NFL's QB fools gold.

Fool's silver maybe. Bradford takes gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing that contract is fully guaranteed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see a comparison to Carson Wentz for this season. So I'm not counting the first 2 games of the season and today's game isn't included either:

Cousins: 4-5
263/363 72.5% 2,620 YDS 16 TD 6 INTs 100.3 Passer Rating

Wentz: 4-5
230/330 69.7% 2,540 YDS 16 TDs 6 INTs 100.8 Passer Rating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see a comparison to Carson Wentz for this season. So I'm not counting the first 2 games of the season and today's game isn't included either:

Cousins: 4-5
263/363 72.5% 2,620 YDS 16 TD 6 INTs 100.3 Passer Rating

Wentz: 4-5
230/330 69.7% 2,540 YDS 16 TDs 6 INTs 100.8 Passer Rating

And that's with all the injured weapons Wentz has had to deal with? Impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now