Happyfoosball

All those people that said Kirk Cousins sucks are gonna get real quiet now.

Just now, mike030270 said:

And that's with all the injured weapons Wentz has had to deal with? Impressive.

Yeah, and coming off two major knee injuries.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, and coming off two major knee injuries.

I really hope Howie can get him weapons and an Oline that are healthy for a whole season

Keenum was 9-2 at this point last year.

Cousins is 6-5-1

Ha Ha  <--- That's me laughing at Kirk Cousins.

Some guys have good stats but are just losers

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

This pretty much sums up the entire argument.

IMG_8720.PNG

Kirk Coupons, the most overrated and overpaid QB in the NFL! His record against teams with a winning record is atrocious! 

and to Brady Quinn and the love of Kirk's life Danny Kanell, it's not going to get better, and it's not anyone's fault but Kirks.

Kirk's future records

2019 8-8

2020 8-8

2021 8-8

2022 (Greeter at Walmart)

17 hours ago, mike030270 said:

And that's with all the injured weapons Wentz has had to deal with? Impressive.

Vikes O-Line is bad even when its healthy.  Cousins continues to be what he has always been a solid franchise Qb.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Yeah the money he gets is crazy, but Qb money has been crazy for a long time now. 

17 hours ago, skippyx said:

Cousins is 6-5-1

Vikes O-Line overperformed last year.  Oh yeah, the defense was #1 in the NFC.

2 hours ago, kirkwillfail said:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

we told you so  

Love,

Redskins Fans

1 hour ago, kirkwillfail said:

and to Brady Quinn and the love of Kirk's life Danny Kanell, it's not going to get better, and it's not anyone's fault but Kirks.

Kirk's future records

2019 8-8

2020 8-8

2021 8-8

2022 (Greeter at Walmart)

Given the R-words current QB situation, you really shouldn't be crowing.  You gave up a 3rd round pick and your best young corner for half a season of Alex Smith.  If he doesn't play again, his 2019 dead money hit will be 52.6 million. 

But hey, Vikings suck too now.  Ha-ha.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Vikes O-Line is bad even when its healthy.  Cousins continues to be what he has always been a solid franchise Qb.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Yeah the money he gets is crazy, but Qb money has been crazy for a long time now. 

The fully guaranteed part was the odd one for me. I mean... Yeah he's a solid QB, nothing more and nothing less. And yeah he got a good deal but it wasn't the biggest. But the fully guaranteed part gets me. He simply isn't worth investing that much in. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The fully guaranteed part was the odd one for me. I mean... Yeah he's a solid QB, nothing more and nothing less. And yeah he got a good deal but it wasn't the biggest. But the fully guaranteed part gets me. He simply isn't worth investing that much in. 

I don't think it's THAT horrible of a deal. They are only married to him for 3 seasons. But whatever Minnesota has going on, it seems to be more the system than the QB. Him and Case Keenum stats from last season are virtually identical: 

Cousins in 12 games:

491 attempts, 350 completions, 3490 yards, 23 TDs, 9 INT, QB Rating 99.1

Keenum in 15 games (14 starts):

481 attempts, 325 completions, 3547 yards, 22 TDs, 7 INT, QB Rating 98.3

Only alarming thing is having more pass attempts in 2.5 less games (I can't remember how much Keenum played in the game Bradford went out.) I think that speaks more to the Vikings having a more dependable running game last season, and blowing teams out since their defense was best in the league than anything. 

30 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I don't think it's THAT horrible of a deal. They are only married to him for 3 seasons. But whatever Minnesota has going on, it seems to be more the system than the QB. Him and Case Keenum stats from last season are virtually identical: 

Cousins in 12 games:

Only alarming thing is having more pass attempts in 2.5 less games (I can't remember how much Keenum played in the game Bradford went out.) I think that speaks more to the Vikings having a more dependable running game last season, and blowing teams out since their defense was best in the league than anything. 

They ran the ball a lot last year but, it still wasn't all that great. They ran it 500 times for 1900 yards and 15 touchdowns. Currently they have run it 250 times for 1,000 yards and 6 touchdowns. So they are pretty much on pace to equal last year's total. 

53 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Cousins in 12 games:

You can't compare QB ratings from this year and last without adjusting for the changes:

The average team QB rating is 94.4 this year.

Last year it was 86.9

The 2018 equivalent is Cousins at 91.2 rating compared to Keenum at 98.3

The 2019 equivalent is Cousins at 99.1 and Keenum at 106.8

DO YOU VIKE THAT?

35 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

They ran the ball a lot last year but, it still wasn't all that great. They ran it 500 times for 1900 yards and 15 touchdowns. Currently they have run it 250 times for 1,000 yards and 6 touchdowns. So they are pretty much on pace to equal last year's total. 

Their running game was garbage last year. Cook was good in September at 4.8 a pop but then he got hurt.

• Keenum only played in 2 1/2 of those games and he was very rusty when he took over.

Keenum did OK at 4 yards a pop

McKinnon and Murray were about 3.86 ypc and a cloud of little black rubber dome pellets.

That put them at about 25th best in the league.

It did not stop that MJD clown from saying the Vikes had the edge in the run game for the NFCCG. 🤡

22 hours ago, skippyx said:

Cousins is 6-5-1

Lol  I was gonna say the same thing,  Any Eagles fan  has seen Kirk for a few years now.  He's a stat collector.  I forgot who it was, but a former player from the skins said as much,  That Kirk Cousin gets his stats boosted in garbage time, and that while end of year will show he has good stats, he's not a a winner.  He was a .500 qb in DC..  He's nearly a .500 QB in Min.. with 2 great receivers and a great defense.. 

This has been a pretty good discussion. It's puzzling to see the Vikings in the shape they are in. It's more than just QB play, however the other side to that is Cousins was brought in to elevate the team much the same as Rodgers in Green Bay. Minnesota forgot the part where Cousins isn't half the player that Rodgers is.

17 hours ago, paco said:

Given the R-words current QB situation, you really shouldn't be crowing.  You gave up a 3rd round pick and your best young corner for half a season of Alex Smith.  If he doesn't play again, his 2019 dead money hit will be 52.6 million. 

Update.  Mark.  Sanchez.

5 hours ago, paco said:

Update.  Mark.  Sanchez.

It was really strange seeing the Sanchize behind center for the skins last night.  

The guys football career refuses to just die already.  

Once the eagles defense gave up a huge play (predictable) the game got that feeling of a  game Where everyone (including all the players on both teams) knows the skins have no chance because of their sanchize situation turning the game into a national televised snoozefest.

On 12/3/2018 at 5:55 PM, Northern Green Wings said:

Cousins in 12 games:

It was a horrible deal. He's not worth that much guaranteed money

5 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

It was a horrible deal. He's not worth that much guaranteed money

He's not, but that doesn't make it a bad deal. QBs the last few seasons have been disgustingly overpaid in general. I think since they only gave him 3 years is a great choice. Then after year 3 if they are sick of him, they can give him up. In the case of other bad QBs with huge contracts like Stafford, Garroppolo, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco... they'll have to suffer from their contract if they let them go after year 4 of their deal.

For example... Stafford signed his deal in 2017. If the Lions cut him this season, they would of ate a 75 million cap hit. Next season is a 49 million cap hit. The following season a 20 million cap hit. In year 4 they still take a 10 million cap hit to not even have him on the team.

Redskins take a cap hit of 16 million by cutting Alex Smith in year 3 of his contract. 11~ million by cutting Alex Smith in year 4 of his contract.

Ravens take a cap hit of 28 million by cutting Joe Flacco in year 3 of his deal (this season.) They take a cap hit of 16 million by cutting Joe Flacco in year 4 of his deal (next season.) 

So those teams are married to their QBs in year 3 anyways given the massive cap hit.

So while the Vikings paid Cousins a ton of guaranteed money, I think the length of the deal of 3 seasons helps a lot. Every other deal that a QB has signed recently basically guarantees them playing in year 3 of their contract anyways. But at least for the Vikings, they can elect to not re-sign him in year 4, where as the above teams will be paying their QB still for a guy who clearly won't be a part of their long-term future.

My buddy is a Vikings fan...  He's been pretty critical of Cousins all season.  I have watched the Vikings a few times this season and it looks to me like Cousins is lightyears better than Keenam was last season..  The stats back that up...  My buddy's just wrong..  That just goes to show how narrow minded we can be as fans when things aren't going our way...

My two cents here are this..  The problem with the Vikings this year is the defense..  I will say several times in the Rams game they caught the Vikings in poor mismatches with linebackers trying to cover wr's down field...That's all really beside the point.  I think the Rams just caught them with some packages the Vikings weren't expecting.  My theory is this, It's clear to me that DeFellipo is a passing guy...  Diggs and Theilen are looking like one of the better one/two duo's in the NFL.  However the Vikings run game has been non existent.  They don't even have 1000 yards as a team yet.  They are ranked at the bottom or near the bottom in the NFL in rushing... DeFellipo's offense had led to great numbers for the receivers and Cousins.  The run games been forgotten about.  They are scoring too quickly and putting their defense out on the field too often...

But Cousins no he's far from the problem in Minnesota...  It's the offensive scheme that's causing problems for their very own defense...

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, paco said:

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, paco said:

Update.  Mark.  Sanchez.

Josh Johnson!  Season Saved!