Happyfoosball

All those people that said Kirk Cousins sucks are gonna get real quiet now.

40 minutes ago, Procus said:

All things considered, CJW is playing lights out.

What worries me is section's of our own fan base can't even seem to see that. Like has Carson been great this year? No. Has he been near the player of last year? No. But was it realistic and fair to expect him to be? No. 

11 hours ago, paco said:

Sorry :sad: 

My own fault thinking that bum wasn't going to play like a bum. 

Sad thing is I would have won in spite of him sucking big floppy donkey d had I played either of the other two teams. You had a really good week, congrats on the win and please don't let Agent win

14 hours ago, Mat said:

Sad thing is I would have won in spite of him sucking big floppy donkey d had I played either of the other two teams. You had a really good week, congrats on the win and please don't let Agent win

I'll do my best.  My team is held together with twine and bubble gum to appear somewhat respectable, yet I some how I am only a 1.2 point dog :lol:

https://sports.yahoo.com/kirk-cousins-knows-isnt-paid-84m-vikings-game-manager-031740796.html?src=rss

It's up to Kirk Cousins to prove he's not an $84 million bust

Dan Wetzel

Columnist

Yahoo SportsDec 12, 2018, 10:17 PM

Scroll back up to restore default view.

Last January, Case Keenum threw 20 incompletions, threw two picks, and threw away what felt like a Super Bowl in the cold of the NFC championship game in Philadelphia.

The Minnesota Vikings saw their quarterback get outdueled by Eagles backup Nick Foles, dashing the dream of hosting the Super Bowl. Afterward, the franchise focused on a single thing – get a quarterback, just about any quarterback, at just about any price.

All the other pieces were there, they believed.

So they went out and got Kirk Cousins, for $84 million over three years, convincing him to come to Minnesota because of how close the Vikings were to winning everything.

View photos

Kirk Cousins and the Vikings are 0-5 against teams that are currently on pace to make the playoffs. (Getty Images)

"Kirk is our guy,” head coach Mike Zimmer said last March. "Hopefully we can continue to do some things we did last year. We played pretty good on defense most of the time. We have a good football team … If we can just continue to keep getting better, keep trying to get a little bit better every day, maybe we can finally get over that one last game that we didn’t get over last year.”

Technically, the Vikings can still get over that one last game this season. Minnesota still sits in the final wild-card spot in the NFC.

[Play in our Week 15 DFS contest: $1M prize pool. $250K in overlay. Join now!]

They are 6-6-1 though, and have scored just 17 combined points in two consecutive losses. On Tuesday they fired their offensive coordinator, John DeFilippo, a sign of December desperation that rarely works.

The defense is still stout. The offense is terrible though, and that means all eyes on the $84 million man who, to his credit, took ownership of his anemic play and the consequences it has caused for the Vikings (and former Vikings).

"That was one of the things I did convey to Coach Flip yesterday,” Cousins said. "I do believe, had I played at my fullest potential play in, play out, we wouldn’t be having this conversation now. That’s something I take personally and is tough for me and keeps you up at night. All you can do is go forward.”

For Cousins, he’ll have to. If he doesn’t play better and the Vikings’ offense doesn’t improve, then he’ll go down as one of the bigger free-agent busts in recent NFL history.

A team close to the Super Bowl went all-in and believed it had significantly upgraded itself at the most important position on the field.

Instead it regressed.

"We’ve got to score points,” Cousins said. "You do that and you put yourself in a position, especially with the way our defense has played. That is where our focus is now. How do we score points? How do we execute play in, play out to make sure we get into the end zone and coming away with enough points to win the game?”

Cousins is on pace for career highs in completion percentage and touchdowns. He should pass for over 4,000 yards.

Yet his inability to generate points against quality teams has been atrocious. Much like during his years in Washington, he was good against bad clubs and bad against good clubs. In the end, Washington didn’t win either and let him walk.

Too often, in critical times, he plays like the fourth-round pick he was, not a diamond in the rough. He doesn’t take chances down field. He doesn’t deliver in key moments. Cousins is a likable guy, perhaps maximizing his abilities, but when a player gets a contract that big for a team this promising, he can’t be just a game manager.

Mike Zimmer was dumb to fire DeFilippo. Kirk will ultimately be Zimmer's downfall because he won't have a Case Keenum to save the day.

On 12/11/2018 at 1:03 PM, Procus said:

Oh, a Skins newbie troll.  Go educate yourself son on QB's coming back from multiple torn ligaments.  Invariably, takes a full year to get back to form.  All things considered, CJW is playing lights out.

This ^^^

yea, lights out....literally....how's your knee, back, elbow, head.....a career of never ending injuries ahead,  and reliving past glory...that's your next 10 years with the "Savior"....HE's COOKED son......cooked. But Foles will bring us another miracle SB.....I can;t stop laughing...literally, this is so fun to watch. 

you may (if you're lucky) TIE the Redskins this year...at best one more win...can you imagine, from a SB win to barely besting the most "embarrassing" teams in sports that hasn;t had their starting QB for half a season. 

You Eagle fans still don;t get it , do you.....NO ONE cares about the Eagles nationally, NO ONE.....you're so self absorbed in this area that you fail to realize the Eagles don't matter. No one nationally gives a sh%$%t about stupid Swoop, your arrogant foul mouth fans, and sh&% whole of a city. 

You all fooled yourselves into thinking this is a great team on a down year, THEY'RE not.....there slightly above average with a woeful defense, moronic D coordinator, inept coach, and injury prone QB. 

Get ready for your spanking in LA Sunday night on a National stage......

On 12/11/2018 at 1:44 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What worries me is section's of our own fan base can't even seem to see that. Like has Carson been great this year? No. Has he been near the player of last year? No. But was it realistic and fair to expect him to be? No. 

let's trade Wetzelhurt for 3 1st round draft picks....yep, that;ll be the phone calls into sports talk in Philly. Morons.......the Eagles fan base is passionate, but morons. 

28 minutes ago, kirkwillfail said:

let's trade Wetzelhurt for 3 1st round draft picks....yep, that;ll be the phone calls into sports talk in Philly. Morons.......the Eagles fan base is passionate, but morons. 

No no no... 3 1st round picks? The morons asking for him be traded won't think we'll get that. One third round pick will be the calls. 

5 hours ago, kirkwillfail said:

yea, lights out....literally....how's your knee, back, elbow, head.....a career of never ending injuries ahead,  and reliving past glory...that's your next 10 years with the "Savior"....HE's COOKED son......cooked. But Foles will bring us another miracle SB.....I can;t stop laughing...literally, this is so fun to watch. 

you may (if you're lucky) TIE the Redskins this year...at best one more win...can you imagine, from a SB win to barely besting the most "embarrassing" teams in sports that hasn;t had their starting QB for half a season. 

You Eagle fans still don;t get it , do you.....NO ONE cares about the Eagles nationally, NO ONE.....you're so self absorbed in this area that you fail to realize the Eagles don't matter. No one nationally gives a sh%$%t about stupid Swoop, your arrogant foul mouth fans, and sh&% whole of a city. 

You all fooled yourselves into thinking this is a great team on a down year, THEY'RE not.....there slightly above average with a woeful defense, moronic D coordinator, inept coach, and injury prone QB. 

From a guy who watches a team play in a half empty stadium each week this is funny. Nationally? You cant even get fans or generate interest locally.

And QB? You guys dont even have one.

5 hours ago, kirkwillfail said:

Betting against st nick again? U people never learn

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No no no... 3 1st round picks? The morons asking for him be traded won't think we'll get that. One third round pick will be the calls. 

Why does he keep calling him wetzelhurt? That doesn't event flow with in his name? Lmao

6 hours ago, kirkwillfail said:

6 hours ago, kirkwillfail said:

19474gt9730syjpg.jpg

1 hour ago, paco said:

19474gt9730syjpg.jpg

Why is he pointing to his shoe? I'm sure it's something moronic though.😆

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Why does he keep calling him wetzelhurt? That doesn't event flow with in his name? Lmao

Yeah I did wonder the same myself... 

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Why is he pointing to his shoe? I'm sure it's something moronic though.😆

So of course,  deadspin rolled with it

https://deadspin.com/photoshop-contest-dan-snyders-thumbs-up-1451386405

And the results were pretty damn good

https://deadspin.com/your-best-dan-snyder-photoshop-contest-submissions-1452210565/amp

As for our new punching bag,  I felt like it was perfect picture for that little R-word bootlicker

On 12/14/2018 at 6:33 AM, kirkwillfail said:

Oh look it’s nastraduma—

On 12/11/2018 at 7:20 PM, Mat said:

giphy.gif

On 12/14/2018 at 6:39 AM, kirkwillfail said:

passionate, but morons. 

you’re living proof of that statement 

2-0 vs the rams and Texans since this post

1 hour ago, paco said:

2-0 vs the rams and Texans since this post

And next week we can move to 9-7! And Kirk will do what Kirk does against a team with a winning record. 

You like that!!! 

I just noticed one more thing that was just off about that attempt of a troll post

The R-words will have played 6 games without Alex Smith.  The Eagles?  5 without Wentz.