Jason1978

Antonio Brown skips team meetings

Report: Antonio Brown did not show up to work on Monday

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 18, 2018, 11:42 AM EDT

On the same day that Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown posted a cryptic "trade me” tweet, he did not show up to the Steelers’ facility.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Brown did not report for work on Monday. The report says there’s been no confirmation about whether he was given an excused absence but indicates that multiple sources did not know where Brown was. The Steelers didn’t have a practice on Monday, but the rest of the players on the Steelers were at the facility in team meetings. The Steelers are off today.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/18/report-antonio-brown-did-not-show-up-to-work-on-monday/#comments

6 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

What the ef is going on in Steelers country? Wow..

I agree dude, what the hell is going on there.

Your two best players are very upset right now which is not good at all. Team hasn't looked good on the field. Big Ben is nearing the end. This is a situation no team would want to be in but I always assumed the Steelers were one of the better run teams in the NFL. Right now they look more dysfunctional than the Browns. 

Waiting for AB to speak. Steelers off on Tuesday. But a statement was released from his agent LINK:  Says he missed meetings on Monday due to a personal matter.

"The tweet yesterday was not in reference to anything other than Antonio responding to a person he knows," said Drew Rosenhaus, Brown's agent. "It was not directed towards a trade, or wanting to be trading. It was a personal response to a former Steelers employee who insulted him. Any idea he was asking for a trade is not accurate. Secondly, yesterday he had a personal matter. I talked to the team about it. His issue was unrelated to the tweet or his relationship with the team. Third, anything you see between AB and the coaches, AB has an incredible drive to win. He just wants to win. That's all that that is. That's not anything more than him encouraging his coaches and teammates to win. And that's what his entire focus is on. Any notion, any speculation otherwise, can be put to bed. This is a non-story that has been blown out of proportion. We can end this right here and now."

17 minutes ago, toolg said:

Waiting for AB to speak. Steelers off on Tuesday. But a statement was released from his agent LINK:  Says he missed meetings on Monday due to a personal matter.

Rosenhaus is always representing these disgruntled WR 

The update is that he wasn't at the team facilities as he was dealing with a personal matter.

I think it's a non issue with Antonio Brown. Or at least, it normally would be. But with everything going on with Le'Veon Bell and that they tied Cleveland (as hilarious as that sounds) starts to magnify all this.

Just for the sake of discussion, let's pretend that the Steelers could be convinced to trade him. What would you be willing to give up to get him?

12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just for the sake of discussion, let's pretend that the Steelers could be convinced to trade him. What would you be willing to give up to get him?

I would be willing to give up first, second and multiple late round picks.

After this season the Steelers are going to be in full rebuild mode, as Ben will more than likely retire and Tomlin will be shown the door since he's lost control of the locker room. So the new coaching staff will want multiple draft picks to build their roster.

However, I don't see us being able to pay Brown what he wants with Wentz's contract coming up soon.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Any player except for Wentz. 

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Any player except for Wentz. 

I don't think they'd want players, I think they'd want draft picks.

If Tomlin gets axed, this will be the first time the Rooneys have fired a head coach in decades. That family simply doesn't fire coaches!

7 hours ago, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

If Tomlin gets axed, this will be the first time the Rooneys have fired a head coach in decades. That family simply doesn't fire coaches!

That's because they never had Chip Kelly.

9 hours ago, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

I can't remember, was Noll fired or forced to retire?

This guy has been every bit the headache that OBJ has been and gets none of the public criticism. He's "passionate" so it's cool. I'm really passionate about Thursday's so I might not show up to work tomorrow. I'm sure the company won't mind. 

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

This guy has been every bit the headache that OBJ has been and gets none of the public criticism. He's "passionate" so it's cool. I'm really passionate about Thursday's so I might not show up to work tomorrow. I'm sure the company won't mind. 

He never misses games and when he is frustrated it doesn't really affect his production. A little different then Odell. He is still a pain to hear about all the time though.

14 minutes ago, boogyman said:

He never misses games and when he is frustrated it doesn't really affect his production. A little different then Odell. He is still a pain to hear about all the time though.

If they swapped jerseys your response to that post would have been, "I agree." The guy is a pain in the butt. Maybe his numbers are consistent, but who knows what kind of impact his public venting has on the locker room. 

14 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

If they swapped jerseys your response to that post would have been, "I agree." The guy is a pain in the butt. Maybe his numbers are consistent, but who knows what kind of impact his public venting has on the locker room. 

I said he was a pain. And yes consistancy matters. Odell being a headcase in the past cost you guys a playoff game. 

As for the locker room I am not in either. I didnt guess on Odells or Browns impact on either locker room in my post

4 hours ago, toolg said:

I can't remember, was Noll fired or forced to retire?

I don't remember him being forced to retire, but then again, that was pre-Internet so you never know.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't remember him being forced to retire, but then again, that was pre-Internet so you never know.

According to wiki and another article I found it said he just retired

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

According to wiki and another article I found it said he just retired

That's how I remember it, never heard anything about him being forced out. I know that he died from complications of Alzheimer's, as well as some other health issues, so maybe he retired because of the onset of those issues.