Sign in to follow this  
SBorBust

Dak vs. Wentz

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Skip Bayless and Bobbywizdum are the only two idiots left I think who believe that.

There was a time when this board was about 40/60.

Just now, boogyman said:

Why downgrade so much from Foles?

I should've said as the 3rd QB. Foles will move on. Sudfeld will beat him out for #2

Just now, Quiet Boy said:

I sincerely hope not.

Really.

:roll:

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Wentz = damaged goods. :ph34r:

Eli = mentally damaged goods

Dak Presgoat!! I'm just happy we grabbed this guy in the 4th round instead of almost trading up to get Paxton Lynch in the 1st round.

The OL has been pretty bad too, but no excuse for Dak. He's just been bad.

4 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

Dak Presgoat!! I'm just happy we grabbed this guy in the 4th round instead of almost trading up to get Paxton Lynch in the 1st round.

The OL has been pretty bad too, but no excuse for Dak. He's just been bad.

Oh yeah for sure the value in the fourth is great. Lynch would have been a massive error but right now Dak is not looking good. 

The Cowboys boards are mostly trashing him and Zeke. A few people still supporting him but some weak arguements. One guy said, to paraphrase, "Dak should not be expected to or need to throw for over 200 yards each week." Lol. 200 yards? What a low bar to aim for. A more logical guy posted a scouting report he found.

Dak Prescott College Scouting Report:

"Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation."

Pretty much spot on. He is basically exactly the same now as he was 3 years ago. They are also hammering Garret of course. Not only for playcalling and the offense but for the failure to developed QBs, especially with him being a former QB.

In fairness and I guess defense to Dak... And I hate to do it but... He's not playing with very good WRs and the O line is a shadow of what it was. 

Still, great players make those around them better. I feel Wentz did the yesterday for us. Dak doesn't. So the whole Dak vs Wentz thing is a non starter. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

In fairness and I guess defense to Dak... And I hate to do it but... He's not playing with very good WRs and the O line is a shadow of what it was. 

Still, great players make those around them better. I feel Wentz did the yesterday for us. Dak doesn't. So the whole Dak vs Wentz thing is a non starter. 

But Dez was the problem so they went out got WRs to fit Daks play and make it Dak friendly ... yesterday he did not hit over 100 yards until into the 4th Q  " garbage time "  Game before that he got one big play with missed assignment  and struggled to score rest of game , Giants horrid Oline saved him .  Guy is in year 3 and has regressed since rookie year. Rookie year teams did not know to cover him or zeke as both rooks ... but also played very bad teams .   Wentz comes back 9 months not playing and did pretty dam good with missing ALshon , Wallace , Hollins Ajayi and sproles .  We all have seen what happens if Dak loses Zeke  .. hell just loses one guy and he falls apart 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

True... But for comparison, Wentz didn't exactly have a ton of weapons yesterday, line was shaky at times, no stud RB, and still put up 250ish yards. And in his first game in 9+ months after tearing his ACL.

I think we can put the Dak/Wentz debate to bed. Even the most hardcore Cowboy fan, Eagle hater, can admit that they would be happy as hell to swap Dak out for Wentz. 

It is obvious why Wentz was picked in the first round; Prescott was picked in the 4th.

Dak vs Wentz is not a discussion...and I hate saying that. That said, when Dak has weapons and protection he can produce. Even last year the first half of the season when Dallas was healthy, Dak was on pace for 40ish combined td’s and 10 ints...then we saw what happened when he had to carry the load....a mess.

but then Dallas went into the offseason and pretty much downgraded at WR, TE and the OL...,combine that with what anyone on here, Dallas fan or not was a bottom 10 coach in the NFL and what do you expect from Dak?

He’s  a bus driver at QB, with no bus 

44 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Dak vs Wentz is not a discussion...and I hate saying that. That said, when Dak has weapons and protection he can produce. Even last year the first half of the season when Dallas was healthy, Dak was on pace for 40ish combined td’s and 10 ints...then we saw what happened when he had to carry the load....a mess.

but then Dallas went into the offseason and pretty much downgraded at WR, TE and the OL...,combine that with what anyone on here, Dallas fan or not was a bottom 10 coach in the NFL and what do you expect from Dak?

He’s  a bus driver at QB, with no bus 

He does not seem to have improved at all from his rookie year. That's a problem.

27 minutes ago, boogyman said:

He does not seem to have improved at all from his rookie year. That's a problem.

I look at it like this...last year after 8 games, with a healthy OL and decent weapons he had 20td’s and 4 turnovers....that was an improvement over his play year 1 right?....I mean he was on pace for 40 and 8...which is improvement over year 1...then the OL got banged up, Zeke went out and he finished with 28td’s ...13ints...

so he improved...but then unimproved? 

The easy answer is he isn’t a elite QB, he’s a bus driver and only as good as his supporting casts

with a broken down Dez, old Jason Witten but a good OL and running game over the first 1.5 seasons he had very good production...without those things he’s nothing.

i think it would be far easier to get the OL shored up and add a couple weapons at receiver than it would be to find a QB that can play well despite them.

Dak has shown that with those things he’s good enough. 

12 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I look at it like this...last year after 8 games, with a healthy OL and decent weapons he had 20td’s and 4 turnovers....that was an improvement over his play year 1 right?....I mean he was on pace for 40 and 8...which is improvement over year 1...then the OL got banged up, Zeke went out and he finished with 28td’s ...13ints...

so he improved...but then unimproved? 

The easy answer is he isn’t a elite QB, he’s a bus driver and only as good as his supporting casts

with a broken down Dez, old Jason Witten but a good OL and running game over the first 1.5 seasons he had very good production...without those things he’s nothing.

i think it would be far easier to get the OL shored up and add a couple weapons at receiver than it would be to find a QB that can play well despite them.

Dak has shown that with those things he’s good enough. 

Just to use Wentz as an example. He was decent as a rookie, but unspectacular IMO. You could see the ability but there was some things he was poor at. His second year he showed an improvement in all those areas. Even looking at yesterdays game, outside Ertz the other weapons we fielded are nothing special really. The weather was crap and he hadn't played in some time. He had a couple poor plays but he also made some tough throws, got us into good plays at the line and had a pretty good game. Rookie Wentz does not win that game, but year 3 Wentz did enough to win.