LA_Eagle_Fan

Is Jon Gruden in way over his head?

On 11/1/2018 at 11:44 PM, PoconoDon said:

It's painfully obvious that Gruden is tanking the season. He's all in on a total rebuild.

When the team is rebuilt in Jon's image chances are it's going to be the same thing, the Oakland Losers.

Jon needs either an experienced QB that knows the game or a scrambling QB that can mask his ineptness, anything else and they're losers because Jon doesn't know a damn thing about football.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:43 AM, eaglegenius said:

Gruden declared Nathan Peterman the most NFL ready QB of his class entering the draft.

I wonder if he can somehow convince the Bills to part with him so he can get one of "his guys in."

:lol:

Anyone who used the Bears defense this past week against the Bills thanks the Bills for playing Peterman. 

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wish it was the 80's, I had a blast back then.

For me it was the 70's.

By the 80's I was honing my parenting skills.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, EagleVA said:

Jon needs either an experienced QB that knows the game or a scrambling QB that can mask his ineptness, anything else and they're losers because

Jon doesn't know a damn thing about football.

You're entitled to your opinion . . . but the above highlighted comment is patently ridiculous.

I'd suggest you goto his bio and read up on his life's work.

This guy has forgotten more than you or I will ever know about football.

If there's an area where he may be lacking it's in dealing with his staff & players.

If I were him I'd be keeping 'Chuckie' under wraps unless something really weird is happening.   

3 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

You're entitled to your opinion . . . but the above highlighted comment is patently ridiculous.

I'd suggest you goto his bio and read up on his life's work.

This guy has forgotten more than you or I will ever know about football.

If there's an area where he may be lacking it's in dealing with his staff & players.

If I were him I'd be keeping 'Chuckie' under wraps unless something really weird is happening.   

My opinion was verified by no other than the QB of his SB winning TB Bucs, he was being nice about it but he more or less said "Gruden knows nothing".

2 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

For me it was the 70's.

By the 80's I was honing my parenting skills.

The 70's were my pre-teen years, so I'd enjoy re-living that decade too. 77 or 78 would be fun to go back to.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The 70's were my pre-teen years, so I'd enjoy re-living that decade too. 77 or 78 would be fun to go back to.

Ah yes . . . '77 was the year of 'Star Wars'. The first time I saw it was on the big screen on Rt1 Edison NJ with 'Surround Sound' effects that were state of the art at the time. That was before the episodes had numbers and the sub-title 'A New Hope' hadn't even been thought of yet. Once George Lucas saw how big it went over he put all his energy into further developing the franchise. I recall Lucas had a bet with Speilberg on the popularity of Star Wars. Speilberg was doing 'Close Encounters' at the time. Lucas bet Speilberg that 'Close Encounters' would beat out 'Star Wars'. It didn't and it cost Lucas  BIG . . . to the tune of $40 mil. !  

6 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Ah yes . . . '77 was the year of 'Star Wars'. The first time I saw it was on the big screen on Rt1 Edison NJ with 'Surround Sound' effects that were state of the art at the time. That was before the episodes had numbers and the sub-title 'A New Hope' hadn't even been thought of yet. Once George Lucas saw how big it went over he put all his energy into further developing the franchise. I recall Lucas had a bet with Speilberg on the popularity of Star Wars. Speilberg was doing 'Close Encounters' at the time. Lucas bet Speilberg that 'Close Encounters' would beat out 'Star Wars'. It didn't and it cost Lucas  BIG . . . to the tune of $40 mil. !  

My sister worked at the theater when Star Wars came out, so I was able to get free passes for me, my brothers and my friends. I probably saw it 10 or 15 times that summer (I was 8).

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

My opinion was verified by no other than the QB of his SB winning TB Bucs, he was being nice about it but he more or less said "Gruden knows nothing".

I'm not gonna argue this any further after these few comments.

You can say, "He's a lousy coach!" or "He doesn't 'get' it!" or whatever . . . but to say "He knows nothing." is ridiculous, I don't care who it is saying it. People simply can't understand what he's doing or why and that's OK. If Gruden really  IS  an imbecile, like CHUMP Kelly,  then things will take care of themselves going forward. For now he gets to play the game his way and he'll either sink or swim accordingly.

No one knew what Nicola Tesla was doing in the late 1800's either. Turns out he was an electrical genius but a poor capitalist.    

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My sister worked at the theater when Star Wars came out, so I was able to get free passes for me, my brothers and my friends. I probably saw it 10 or 15 times that summer (I was 8).

I took my little brother ( he's 6' 2" now ! ) and 3 or 4 of his cousins along for the ride.  We had great seats in the upper middle balcony which were perfect for both the visual as well as the sound effects. When a fighter whizzed by you got the effect of either left to right or right to left with extreme  WHOOOOSHING  clarity!  Other times the sound went right over you front to back or back to front.

I'm sure one of their fave memories of that day was: when the fighters attack the 'Death Star' they swoop down from space and into the 'Canyon' on the surface of the giant ship. Well, I was so 'connected' to the action of the film I 'swooped' down into the Canyon with the fighter and fell right off my seat and onto the floor! It was very entertaining, I'm sure!        

On 11/6/2018 at 2:22 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

I'm not gonna argue this any further after these few comments.

You can say, "He's a lousy coach!" or "He doesn't 'get' it!" or whatever . . . but to say "He knows nothing." is ridiculous, I don't care who it is saying it. People simply can't understand what he's doing or why and that's OK. If Gruden really  IS  an imbecile, like CHUMP Kelly,  then things will take care of themselves going forward. For now he gets to play the game his way and he'll either sink or swim accordingly.

No one knew what Nicola Tesla was doing in the late 1800's either. Turns out he was an electrical genius but a poor capitalist.    

Gruden is not Tesla. But in fairness let's give him two years and see what he does.
Maybe he's deliberately tanking the season to get the most bang from his draft picks.
Maybe he'll even spring for a grown-up haircut.

He knows exactly what he's doing.  Yes, he is in fact tanking on purpose.  You know what?  He has a 10 year contract.  He's not going to lose his job over it, and he's going to be able to stack his team with quality draft picks.  What he's doing is incredibly smart.

I really do think that the Raiders are tanking so they can stock up on draft picks and young stars for the move to Las Vegas.  Why be a great team that's in purgatory, playing lame duck seasons in Oakland?

On 11/6/2018 at 10:42 AM, EagleVA said:

He won with a bunch of quitting dogs who had no chance to compete with a coach who is (laughably) in a team's Ring of Honor. He know something.

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

In other words, they're going to search for a Gruden yes man.

That moron is gonna do to the Raiders exactly what he did to the Bucs after the SB: destroy them piece by piece and bring in trash to replace the talent

On 12/10/2018 at 8:50 PM, mike030270 said:

I think they'll get rid of more players in the offseason. The firesale will be in full effect in a few months

My bet is Carr is one of them