Sign in to follow this  
KingxEagles

Monday Morning Digest: Rams may have a edge on the rest of the NFL.

Talib to IR.  Peters dinged.

Wait till Goff gets hit hard.

Oh wait, QBs can't be touched anymore.

They're definitely flying high, but I'm not crowning anyone yet.

The Minny game will be a good one, and although I expect the Rams to win, I also expect Minny to come out angry and ready to at least put up a fight. May tell us something about their vulnerabilities.

A number of teams have been 7 - 0  or 6-1 only to stumble the second half of the season.

will never forgive Rams for hitting Wentz like that ... he was already in EZ no need to hit a guy in legs 

Rams have been great this year but they have also been dawgone lucky.  The only way to stop this offense is going through their O-Line, which is getting a bunch of accolades but truth is we still don;t know if it's any better than the average group that got outmuscled against good D's late last season.

They were set to meet Khalil Mack of the Raiders in week 1, ok, scratch that.

Ok, let's see how they handle Joey Bosa in week 3, oh wait....

Well at least they will face Everson Griffen, we'll know for sure how they stack up against a good pass rush then....are you kidding me???

And all apologies to to Danielle Hunter, a pretty solid complimentary pass rusher, but all of those pass rushes they faced where really one man wrecking crews without their wrecking ball.  Those are not swarm pass rushes like the Eagles or Jags.  We know better than anyone how toothless the Vikes D gets when Griffen is hurt/out.

So I will hold off on crowing them until they face anything resembling a good pass rush, because they haven't.

The Rams had a huge edge against the Vikings - the REFS!!!!

While today Max Kellerman is ranting about the Browns getting screwed by the refs against Oakland,
no one except the gameday announcers seems to be concerned that the refs A) took away a legit TD
from the Vikings and B) picked up a legit flag basically handing 50 yards to the Rams helping them score.
They did so flagrantly, and their NY overseers let them get away with it.

It's clearly about the money. Either someone paid someone off in the interest of sports betting bookers
or the NFL wants to set the Rams up in the money-rich LA marketplace. And with the Raiders heading
to Vegas, it's not hard to guess who bribed the officials in that game.

This isn't to take anything away from the Rams. They've dumped a ton of money into the team,
obviously intent on becoming a superstar franchise like the Yankees or Lakers. Which is what
makes the ref's interference even more despicable.

The Eagles might have gotten lucky winning SB 52 because the "marketplace" might dictate
who gets to play in it from here on, with the refs guaranteeing those spots to the biggest
market teams that generate the most bets.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, eaglegenius said:

The Rams had a huge edge against the Vikings - the REFS!!!!

While today Max Kellerman is ranting about the Browns getting screwed by the refs against Oakland,
no one except the gameday announcers seems to be concerned that the refs A) took away a legit TD
from the Vikings and B) picked up a legit flag basically handing 50 yards to the Rams helping them score.
They did so flagrantly, and their NY overseers let them get away with it.

It's clearly about the money. Either someone paid someone off in the interest of sports betting bookers
or the NFL wants to set the Rams up in the money-rich LA marketplace. And with the Raiders heading
to Vegas, it's not hard to guess who bribed the officials in that game.

This isn't to take anything away from the Rams. They've dumped a ton of money into the team,
obviously intent on becoming a superstar franchise like the Yankees or Lakers. Which is what
makes the ref's interference even more despicable.

The Eagles might have gotten lucky winning SB 52 because the "marketplace" might dictate
who gets to play in it from here on, with the refs guaranteeing those spots to the biggest
market teams that generate the most bets.

Don't forget about keeping games close so the losing team's fans are still watching ads into the 4th quarter.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:57 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Rams have been great this year but they have also been dawgone lucky.  The only way to stop this offense is going through their O-Line, which is getting a bunch of accolades but truth is we still don;t know if it's any better than the average group that got outmuscled against good D's late last season.

They were set to meet Khalil Mack of the Raiders in week 1, ok, scratch that.

Ok, let's see how they handle Joey Bosa in week 3, oh wait....

Well at least they will face Everson Griffen, we'll know for sure how they stack up against a good pass rush then....are you kidding me???

And all apologies to to Danielle Hunter, a pretty solid complimentary pass rusher, but all of those pass rushes they faced where really one man wrecking crews without their wrecking ball.  Those are not swarm pass rushes like the Eagles or Jags.  We know better than anyone how toothless the Vikes D gets when Griffen is hurt/out.

So I will hold off on crowing them until they face anything resembling a good pass rush, because they haven't.

I hear what you are saying but we cannot pretend like we didn't get all these breaks last season.  We played a bunch of teams "at the right time" when either they had key injuries or we had a schedule advantage.

9 hours ago, khani1 said:

I hear what you are saying but we cannot pretend like we didn't get all these breaks last season.  We played a bunch of teams "at the right time" when either they had key injuries or we had a schedule advantage.

Yup, I'd rather be in the Rams position like we were last year.  That is the classic path to the SB, breeze through the early season without breaking a sweat, get HFA.  But I think it was pretty obvious during the offseason eagles were going to struggle out of the gate.  I came in fully expecting 2-2, 3-3 or maybe even 4-4.  Good news is, we really only have to contend with Redskins fro division and 11-5, maybe even 10-6 wins the East for us.

So again.  Get hot in the 2nd half and nobody, not even the Rams will want to play us in january.

8 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yup, I'd rather be in the Rams position like we were last year.  That is the classic path to the SB, breeze through the early season without breaking a sweat, get HFA.  But I think it was pretty obvious during the offseason eagles were going to struggle out of the gate.  I came in fully expecting 2-2, 3-3 or maybe even 4-4.  Good news is, we really only have to contend with Redskins fro division and 11-5, maybe even 10-6 wins the East for us.

So again.  Get hot in the 2nd half and nobody, not even the Rams will want to play us in january.

I agree however just winning the division will not get us a playoff bye nor homefield advantage at least in the second round.  Our defense for whatever reason plays much better at home.  And in January, we have a good advantage at home, especially if we are playing a dome or warm weather team.

On Dec 16th week 15 the NBC night game at 5.20pm local time is  Eagles 2-3 @ Rams 5-0. Right now the Rams have a 3 game lead over the Eagles.  Who knows what the records will be by week 15.... But...Regardless of their records then. It will still be a great game.Wentz v Goff. the battle of number 1 and 2 QB seeds in the 2016 Draft.. This was the game that Wentz got injured last year and Foles won the game..

Rght now Rams are in pole position in the NFC. Too bad the Seahawks couldn't knock them off today. I know there are 10 more games to play before the Eagles play the Rams... Eagles need to fix Offense, and Defense, and just gave up 2 games which were pretty much self inflicted wounds v Vikings and Titans. But should be a great game regardless of what the seedings will be for potential play-offs...

On 10/2/2018 at 5:15 PM, matchew88 said:

Don't forget about keeping games close so the losing team's fans are still watching ads into the 4th quarter.

I wonder what percentage of 40+ yard pass interference calls are made against a team that is leading by double digits? It seems that they are almost automatic in that situation.