Sign in to follow this  
paco

Report: Vikings Lineman Everson Griffen Threatened To Shoot Someone At Minneapolis Hotel

Report: Vikings Lineman Everson Griffen Threatened To Shoot Someone At Minneapolis Hotel

zqnvejepgmxycnakumxt.jpg

Everson Griffen missed Sunday’s surprising 27–6 home loss to the Buffalo Bills due to "a personal matter,” according to Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer. According to a report from ABC 5 Eyewitness News, the personal matter was a strange episode at the team’s Minneapolis team hotel Saturday that involved Griffen pacing the lobby and threatening to "shoot someone.”

According to the report, at one point staff members moved to the back of the office while Griffen paced around in the lobby.

Police dispatch audio archived online includes a dispatcher saying that the suspect said to the staff that if someone wouldn’t let him in his room that he was going to shoot someone. Police said no gun was ever seen.

At one point, the report said the caller stated that Griffen threatened to assault staff members and was laying on the lobby floor.

Griffen was reportedly not arrested at the scene after he apparently "left of his own accord,” presumably before police arrived. He was still held out Sunday, and the Vikings are reportedly treating this as a "personal health-related issue,” per NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero:

Griffen had reportedly missed three practices leading up to the game due to a knee injury, and was listed as a non-participant at practice on the team’s Monday injury report, with the cause listed as "knee/not injury related.”

2 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

Doesn't exactly sound like a real threat as much as a poor choice of words to express frustration.

Laying on the lobby floor is a sound tactic. 

Have you guys ever heard him talk?  I almost feel like he has some kind of mental health issues or maybe even slightly diminished mental capacity. 

8 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

It's definitely weird. I'm just saying I don't think the threat was a real threat.

Yes, blowing off the death threats of someone who is showing signs of being mentally unstable, is always a prudent approach.  I mean, only people in a  rational state, kill other people, right?

:rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, CountBlah said:

Yes, blowing off the death threats of someone who is showing signs of being mentally unstable, is always a prudent approach.  I mean, only people in a  rational state, kill other people, right?

:rolleyes:

Fair enough.

Dude needs help and I really hope he gets it.

On a football note, jeez, can this team have a worse September?

18 hours ago, Captain F said:

Have you guys ever heard him talk?  I almost feel like he has some kind of mental health issues or maybe even slightly diminished mental capacity. 

He does, there was an article yesterday I read saying he will disappear from home for days then just show up and talk to his wife like nothing ever happened then all of a sudden scream at her. And talk about crazy stuff. The team told him to leave and get his head together cause he was talking crazy stuff at practice too

So it gets worse. Police showed up after he tried to break into Trae Wayne’s house.

They talked to him for awhile and convinced him to take an ambulance to a mental health clinic. He later jumped out of the ambulance. He got out because he said he wasn’t injured and couldn’t remember why he was in an ambulance. They talked for awhile again and he got back in.

The Saturday practice before the hotel incident he showed up even with the injury and expected to practice. A Vikings personnel guy (not GM), knowing Everson was prone to major errors in judgement, told him to leave practice and said they’d talk later. When said executive agreed to meet Griffin at his hotel, Everson forgot why he was there and said he didn’t want to talk. So the guy just left, confused.

Oh yeah the person who called 911 franticly explaining that Everson Griffin is breaking into Wayne’s house? Mrs. Everson Griffin.