KingxEagles

The Eagles should let Nelson Agholor walk when his Contract is up and draft another WR.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, KingxEagles said:

Nelson can really kill a game for the Eagles. He is not worth the money.

That's a bold suggestion considering the team's history in drafting WRs. He was the only reliable WR the Eagles had the first few weeks of the season. Even with Alshon Jeffrey back, I wouldn't consider Agholor easily replaceable. The team is going to lose a lot of players in the offseason anyways and needs to use those precious early draft picks to fortify the O-line and D-line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not like he's going to command a huge deal.  Hopefully it was just a rough game and we'll see how he bounces back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly it would depend on the price. He’s kind of a poor mans Landry. If he’s commanding any serious money I’d let him walk. With Ertz and Goedert taking up the middle, we could really use someone opposite AJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess next game is a real test of how far Ag has come mentally. In his first two years that kind of performance would see him regress in to his shell. I hope that's not the case now and I hope he balls out next week. But man he does need to improve because last night he had a horrible game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'd stop harping on the WRs and focus on the dreadful O line. If Wentz is constantly scrambling for his life,
it doesn't matter who is out there waiting for his hurried throws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if they keep their slot receiver (Agholor) they have to add a burner with some size/strength at the #2 position and a viable replacement for Jeffrey in his role as above the rim possession receiver. I think the Jeffrey backup is currently playing at NC State (Kelvin Harmon, 6'3" 220 lbs.) I haven't looked at the speed guys that might be there in the 2nd round.

They're also gonna need an OT, an OG, a S, a CB, and maybe a HB. They'll need a blend of FA, the draft, and maybe a trade to get all they need. It's doable, but Howie's going to have to work some of his magic cap-wise, especially with Carson's deal looming either during or after next season.

There's a lot of work to do in the player personnel department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Even if they keep their slot receiver (Agholor) they have to add a burner with some size/strength at the #2 position and a viable replacement for Jeffrey in his role as above the rim possession receiver. I think the Jeffrey backup is currently playing at NC State (Kelvin Harmon, 6'3" 220 lbs.) I haven't looked at the speed guys that might be there in the 2nd round.

They're also gonna need an OT, an OG, a S, a CB, and maybe a HB. They'll need a blend of FA, the draft, and maybe a trade to get all they need. It's doable, but Howie's going to have to work some of his magic cap-wise, especially with Carson's deal looming either during or after next season.

There's a lot of work to do in the player personnel department.

They will need DT, S, and maybe two cornerbacks. As far as the offense, I think we should bring in a bigger back or draft one, draft an OT, and OG, and go after a solid No. 2 receiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

He had one bad gsme. He's an elite slot wr.

I wouldn't say elite just yet. But I think Sunday highlighted that you need to play to his strengths. Don't get him going deep too often. Get him catching those short and intermediate passes where he can use his legs after the catch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wouldn't say elite just yet. But I think Sunday highlighted that you need to play to his strengths. Don't get him going deep too often. Get him catching those short and intermediate passes where he can use his legs after the catch. 

There still must be something mentally wrong with him and catching deep balls. Especially that one on 3rd and 21. That was a beautiful strike by Wentz and Agholor let it hit him right in the facemask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

There still must be something mentally wrong with him and catching deep balls. Especially that one on 3rd and 21. That was a beautiful strike by Wentz and Agholor let it hit him right in the facemask. 

Yeah I don't know what to suggest there... He seems to have sorted most metal issues but not that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont bounce him around from inside n outside all game or he will think to much..seems simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 2:37 PM, eaglegenius said:


I'd stop harping on the WRs and focus on the dreadful O line. If Wentz is constantly scrambling for his life,
it doesn't matter who is out there waiting for his hurried throws.

12 carries to the backs this weekend. Fix that... you fix a lot of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, judunno said:

12 carries to the backs this weekend. Fix that... you fix a lot of things.

Absolutely because teams aren't having to take our run game seriously and so they can start to key off on the offensive line and get to Wentz. 

But we also need to look at adding a true deep threat to open up the underneath and intermediate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 9:58 PM, Road to Victory said:

Isn’t he scheduled to make $9m next year?

Yes, that's what his 5th year option is. $9.387 million

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Yes, that's what his 5th year option is. $9.387 million

Ya, that's not going to happen.  I don't think the eagles let him walk though.  I could see a new 3 year deal,  18 million,  paid 3m,5m,10m. With some kind of bonus.  He will never see the 10m in year 3 of that contract.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain F said:

Ya, that's not going to happen.  I don't think the eagles let him walk though.  I could see a new 3 year deal,  18 million,  paid 3m,5m,10m. With some kind of bonus.  He will never see the 10m in year 3 of that contract.  

I think the first couple of years might be a little bit higher but yeah I tend to agree about the principle here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don;t expect this to be a huge offseason priority.  You have Jeffrey/Ertz as your top targets.  Goedert is another top tier talent in the mix.  You also have a ton of more pressing draft needs on the O-Line, EDGE, Safety and running back.  I expect Howie to bring back Agholor or JMatt, whichever is cheaper, and then maybe draft a potential slot guy in the mid to late rds.

 

Agholor is probably 3rd on the list of guys to re-sign.  Hicks and Graham are more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now