KingxEagles

The Eagles should let Nelson Agholor walk when his Contract is up and draft another WR.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:17 PM, RepPhilly said:

It's not like he's going to command a huge deal.  Hopefully it was just a rough game and we'll see how he bounces back.

Without the outside speed receiver, he's not  breaking of lot runs as the slot guy or turning short passes into decent gains as we did last year.  He still is getting the  volume of catches this year, but the yards are minimal,  that 5th year option i believe is 10+ million... in that sense he is not worth it, and maybe had on a cheaper deal as FA, but there is always some desperate team to overpay for the potential he has.  If we had a young WR waiting in the wings to take over, i'd be all for it (No mack hollins is not it).  But we already keep getting plug n play guys for the outside spot. So a stable slot receiver along side alshon n ertz will make for some stability for carson. 

I thought that we went through this with Jeremy Maclin?  

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, LesGoEagles said:

Without the outside speed receiver, he's not  breaking of lot runs as the slot guy or turning short passes into decent gains as we did last year.  He still is getting the  volume of catches this year, but the yards are minimal,  that 5th year option i believe is 10+ million... in that sense he is not worth it, and maybe had on a cheaper deal as FA, but there is always some desperate team to overpay for the potential he has.  If we had a young WR waiting in the wings to take over, i'd be all for it (No mack hollins is not it).  But we already keep getting plug n play guys for the outside spot. So a stable slot receiver along side alshon n ertz will make for some stability for carson. 

Maybe that's why they traded for Golden Tate.  Let Agholor walk and resign Tate instead to be the slot WR.  Maybe.....

8 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

Maybe that's why they traded for Golden Tate.  Let Agholor walk and resign Tate instead to be the slot WR.  Maybe.....

Tate might be as good in the slot and better outside than Nelson. Tate is older though.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:50 AM, RepPhilly said:

Could be, but tate is 30... and if he's looking for his one last big contract after the season, we won't overpay for a 30yr old receiver.  I think Howie figures, worst case scenario he gave up 3rd round pick,  and if tate walks we receive a 3rd or 4th in a compensatory pick.  In that sense, its a breakeven move or lost one round, which is clearly a win win for us for a tate' caliber player. Nelson's issue the more i watch is, its not that he can't catch.  He has great speed and catches everything IN FRONT of him (almost everything ok).. but with his speed, he can't burn someone on a consistent basis and track a ball and catch it over his head in stride.  those are the ones I see him missing most.  I would like to see Nelson n Tate run a short/medium n deep cross, for tate's underneath abilities, but also a deep cross gives nelson the benefit of lookin at the ball and catching it .

On 10/25/2018 at 4:31 PM, Gregg said:

I thought that we went through this with Jeremy Maclin?  

think hes hurt n out for year again

On 11/12/2018 at 7:34 PM, eaglegenius said:

Agholor is fine. Jeffery is fine. Mathews is the best of the lot though. Do not lose him again.

Depends what kind of contract Agholor wants though. And also we need to get him more involved whether that's down to Doug or Wentz we just need to make that happen. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Depends what kind of contract Agholor wants though. And also we need to get him more involved whether that's down to Doug or Wentz we just need to make that happen. 

Bingo. This is what it all boils down to and will ultimately be a domino effect. If Agholor is demanding a significant amount of money, then he walks. And other guys will be re-signed for longer term.