AlpineEagle

Week 4: Chiefs @ Broncos

Keenum has surprised me this year. I figured he would regress in Denver but has actually looked solid. He might have them back in the playoffs this year

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

I'm probably biased but I just don't see anything special yet

He has a ton of weapons though. Lucky Fer<_<

How bout now? 

So many damn weapons

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

How bout now? 

Is it him or those weapons though? He's throwing to a lot of open guys

7 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

So many damn weapons

Is it him or those weapons though? He's throwing to a lot of open guys

Do you see him extending plays? Denver’s pass rush is fierce. He’s got a canon for an arm. This is the most impressed I’ve been in a young QB in a while. 

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

I'm probably biased but I just don't see anything special yet

He has a ton of weapons though. Lucky Fer<_<

Ive been impressed by what I've seen from him

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Do you see him extending plays? Denver’s pass rush is fierce. He’s got a canon for an arm. This is the most impressed I’ve been in a young QB in a while. 

Absolutely agree

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Were they just calling the hook and lateral, the 'Hook and Ladder'? :huh: 

That's actually the real term for it. But so many people never seemed to get the "ladder" part of it right and "lateral" sort of became the common phrasing. It's wrong though.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That's actually the real term for it. But so many people never seemed to get the "ladder" part of it right and "lateral" sort of became the common phrasing. It's wrong though.

In 40+ years of watching (and playing), I've never heard the play called 'hook and ladder'. It's always been hook and lateral.

Now I know that you can't take Wikipedia as 'gospel', but even it calls it Hook and Lateral. It does reference 'ladder' though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_and_lateral

The hook and lateral, sometimes esthetically referred to as "hook and ladder", is a trick play in American or Canadian football. It starts with the hook, which is where a wide receiver runs a predetermined distance, usually 10 yards down the field, and along the sideline, and "hooks in" towards the center of the field to receive a forward pass from the quarterback. Another offensive player (usually another wide receiver) times a run so that he is at full speed, just behind the player with the ball at the time of the catch. As the defenders close in on the stationary ball carrier, he laterals or hands the ball to the teammate running at full speed in the opposite direction of the original receiver.[1]

If unanticipated, this play puts defenders out of position, running in the wrong direction. If the second receiver catches the lateral in stride, he can be long gone before defenders can react. However, the offense runs a high risk of turning the ball over if it is not handled properly because, unlike a forward pass, a dropped lateral pass results in a live ball.

5 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Correct