Sign in to follow this  
Happyfoosball

OBJ is the biggest loser I've ever had to to root for...

If anyone hasn't seen it, please review his interview with ESPN.  He's the idiot sitting next to Lil Wayne.   For the record, I have never liked Odell.  Now I want him gone as badly as I wanted Macadoo gone. 

16 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

If anyone hasn't seen it, please review his interview with ESPN.  He's the idiot sitting next to Lil Wayne.   For the record, I have never liked Odell.  Now I want him gone as badly as I wanted Macadoo gone. 

I saw it and he even made lil Wayne cringe a couple of times. Then even had Randy Moss saying that it wasn't good. You don't have to convince the Eagles fans on here that he is a cancer. Tell your board mates that think he isn't a problem. 

The dude basically said he is only gonna act out more 

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I saw it and he even made lil Wayne cringe a couple of times. Then even had Randy Moss saying that it wasn't good. You don't have to convince the Eagles fans on here that he is a cancer. Tell your board mates that think he isn't a problem. 

The dude basically said he is only gonna act out more 

And they just gave him 60 million guaranteed too......  I don't even know if he's tradeable after these comments. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24897539

Link for Captain F.  You guys hate the Giants so you should really enjoy playing this on repeat.  This guy makes Shockey look good.

10 minutes ago, pencil face said:

You think the Rams still want to trade for him? I would trade him away for 1st round pick nothing more...

I doubt it.  They wouldn't want him to screw up their locker room.  He became untradeable the second he signed his stupid huge contract. 

ESPN: "Are you truly happy in New York"

Odell: "That's a tough question"

They literally just backed up the brinks truck for you and it's a tough question? This dude is a legit headcase. Even Lil Wayne is like WTF at that answer.

30 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

ESPN: "Are you truly happy in New York"

Odell: "That's a tough question"

They literally just backed up the brinks truck for you and it's a tough question? This dude is a legit headcase. Even Lil Wayne is like WTF at that answer.

That was f***** weird. He's never sounded like more of a headcase.

OBJ is a very interesting case. I watch an interview like this and I see it from two angles. 

On one hand I see a kid that’s smart, has a ton of energy and wants to play his best. He has interests outside of football and should probably be playing on the West Coast, which is a better fit for his free spirit personality. He constantly has mics shoved in his face and is often asked to join theses interview shows where he’s paired up with guys I’m assuming he looks up to (Lil Wayne, Lebron, etc.) who I’m sure are urging him to speak his mind. So then he says exactly what all of us are thinking or typing on these boards and people lose their minds. 

On the other hand I see a kid that’s a bad teammate. Throws his QB under the bus constantly and is extremely self centered. He just got paid a ton of money, so the least he could do is toe the company line and give generic ‘we just need to keep working’ responses to these types of questions. But he doesn’t...

I’m not surprised many of you on here only see one side of argument. First off, you’re Eagles fans. But there’s also a large number of people that can’t wrap their head around athletes speaking out. At times I’m one of those people and that’s why I love a guy like Aaron Judge. But more and more we’ll have to get used to this type of athlete. Whether you choose to accept them on your team is up to you. 

Eli hit him with a deep TD pass and he dropped another, so it would be nice if he recognized both events. We’ll see if he does.

59 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

OBJ is a very interesting case. I watch an interview like this and I see it from two angles. 

On one hand I see a kid that’s smart, has a ton of energy and wants to play his best. He has interests outside of football and should probably be playing on the West Coast, which is a better fit for his free spirit personality. He constantly has mics shoved in his face and is often asked to join theses interview shows where he’s paired up with guys I’m assuming he looks up to (Lil Wayne, Lebron, etc.) who I’m sure are urging him to speak his mind. So then he says exactly what all of us are thinking or typing on these boards and people lose their minds. 

On the other hand I see a kid that’s a bad teammate. Throws his QB under the bus constantly and is extremely self centered. He just got paid a ton of money, so the least he could do is toe the company line and give generic ‘we just need to keep working’ responses to these types of questions. But he doesn’t...

I’m not surprised many of you on here only see one side of argument. First off, you’re Eagles fans. But there’s also a large number of people that can’t wrap their head around athletes speaking out. At times I’m one of those people and that’s why I love a guy like Aaron Judge. But more and more we’ll have to get used to this type of athlete. Whether you choose to accept them on your team is up to you. 

Eli hit him with a deep TD pass and he dropped another, so it would be nice if he recognized both events. We’ll see if he does.

I kind of agree with this. It can go two ways. After yesterday, he really should take a look in the mirror after dropping a pass and gift wrapping a Carolina TD on.special teams. I think he's capable of doing that.

My biggest issue with him is that I don't like him trying to assert himself as the team leader. He's a receiver. He just needs to do his job. Run his routes, catch the ball, block downfield, and be vanilla with the media. Nothing more nothing less.

Teams historically don't do well when the diva receiver is the team leader.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

I kind of agree with this. It can go two ways. After yesterday, he really should take a look in the mirror after dropping a pass and gift wrapping a Carolina TD on.special teams. I think he's capable of doing that.

My biggest issue with him is that I don't like him trying to assert himself as the team leader. He's a receiver. He just needs to do his job. Run his routes, catch the ball, block downfield, and be vanilla with the media. Nothing more nothing less.

Teams historically don't do well when the diva receiver is the team leader.

Well Children don't typically lead well.

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m not surprised many of you on here only see one side of argument. First off, you’re Eagles fans.

It was a Giants' fan that brought this up as well as other pundits i.e. Randy Moss, who made similar comments.

Personally I think what he said should be kept in house, for the simple reason being that I don't believe his comments helped the team improve. Last night was more coincidence that things looked better than being as a result of his comments. It looked as though he was saving his reputation at the expense of the team.

I do think his post game interview did help mollify the situation and therefore all is well in the short-term. The issue moving forward is how will this play out if they carry on losing? Does he become more toxic and an issue for the locker room?

1 minute ago, mihailo said:

It was a Giants' fan that brought this up as well as other pundits i.e. Randy Moss who made similar comments.

Personally I think what he said should be kept in house, for the simple reason being that I don't believe his comments helped the team improve. Last night was more coincidence that things looked better than being as a result of his comments.

I do think his post game interview did help mollify the situation and therefore all is well in the short-term. The issue moving forward is how will this play out if they carry on losing? Does he become more toxic and an issue for the locker room?

Yup, I know who brought it up, and agree that it's not just rival fans that are pointing out the negative side of his comments. 

I think we all prefer a guy that keeps it in house, although ever once in a while you do need a guy with some balls that shakes things up a bit, especially when you're losing games. If you have a team full of 'company men' things can get stale quick. 

If the Eagles go on to have a losing season you can bet your arse there will be some negativity coming out of the locker room. It happens every time in every city. The Giants have been losing for 6 years. It was bound to happen. The minute they start willing again I'll bet the house that everything quiets down. That's just how it goes. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Yup, I know who brought it up, and agree that it's not just rival fans that are pointing out the negative side of his comments. 

I think we all prefer a guy that keeps it in house, although ever once in a while you do need a guy with some balls that shakes things up a bit, especially when you're losing games. If you have a team full of 'company men' things can get stale quick. 

If the Eagles go on to have a losing season you can bet your arse there will be some negativity coming out of the locker room. It happens every time in every city. The Giants have been losing for 6 years. It was bound to happen. The minute they start willing again I'll bet the house that everything quiets down. That's just how it goes. 

Right on cue:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24930618/jay-ajayi-questions-eagles-lack-running-game-loss

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It takes more balls to stand in front of your team and coaches behind closed doors.  What OBJ did was weak and a little pathetic.  Shurmur's reaction yesterday was appropriate. 

Huh? comparing Ajayi saying we need to run more, to OBJ throwing his teammates and QB under the bus, along with saying he's not sure if he's happy in New York. GTFO!

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Huh? comparing Ajayi saying we need to run more, to OBJ throwing his teammates and QB under the bus, along with saying he's not sure if he's happy in New York. GTFO!

The point zoomed right over your head. No surprise.